HDTVs

WarEagle007

I recently was awarded a bonus at my job, so I've been doing some home improvement. I want to upgrade to at 46"+ 1080p HDTV from my present 720p 42" plasma. Any suggestions? I have been looking at Samsung and Sony LCD displays, but I am open to suggestions and would like to stay within $1600 price. Thanks!

I just recently purchased a 46" Sony Bravia 1080p LCD and have been real happy with it. I paid just under $1600 for it. It's model number KDL-46S4100. Awesome TV, and a good value.

I would go with anything 50" or longer. Like somebody said, you will not notice that much difference going from 42" to 46".

On a sidenote, I had to replace my 8 year old Sony DD/DTS 5.1 receiver because it finally bit the dust. I replaced it today with this bad mama jama:

Sony STRDG720

Check at all the codecs that bad boy will play, including alot of newer technologies that Blu-Ray will eventually take advantage of. I also like now having HDMI pass through with my receiver instead of having to use a separate optical digital cables connected to my receiver to get the DD/DTS audio from my PS3 and my HD cable box. I know can take advantage of the audio part of HDMI with this new receiver instead of just the video part, plus I have cut the number of cables needed in half. You can probably find even better sounding systems out there that cost a lot more, but I thought for that price, it was a buy that I could not pass up.

My present TV is an LG plasma, I love it too, however, I recently made some lighting adjustments to my living room so there is light hitting directly on the screen, creating a fair amount of glare, so that's why I am looking at LCD this time.

I am seeing a 52" Samsung for $1800

Archived