Pregame Video

dyehardaufan

anyone heard what the song will be this year? Was reported the players got a sneak peek at the video last night after practice on the jumboscreen. Any students on here, hear anything or talk to any players about what the song was?

Apparently, the song is "Are you Ready for this?" by Three Days Grace. Yeah, I never heard of it either until last night when I downloaded it. Afterwards I was kinda like, "Hmm."

Apparently its a remix version of it, but I'm not too happy about the selection. I wish they would have kept it Saliva or at least gone with Eye of the Tiger.

Ryan

Found it!!

Dude, I don't think I could BE more hyped for the season! Check it.

R U Ready?

Laf, welcome to 2004. It was a good year. Thanks for that.

here is the link to the youtube video(in case you dont want to waste 99cents on itunes) of the song ryan was talking about.

I hope ryan is wrong because that song is weak and no matter what highlghts they put with it I cant see it being anything that gets people fired up like the past promos.

here is the link to the youtube video(in case you dont want to waste 99cents on itunes) of the song ryan was talking about.

I hope ryan is wrong because that song is weak and no matter what highlghts they put with it I cant see it being anything that gets people fired up like the past promos.

Well from that video I wouldn't be inspired but listen to the words the tone of the song and picture a remix, I can see where they could put a video to this that would be inspiring and powerful. But I did pick it apart and tried to envision the final product. There are tons of impacts in the song that would flow with a opening video.

Do I think it would be the best choice not really, but until I see the final product I will hold judgment.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but pairing current watered down alt/hard rock with these videos just doesn't do it for me. I was at the KState game last year for the intro video that featured "Ladies and Gentlemen", and much of the crowd was just kind of meh about it. Sure, everybody yelled for certain highlights, but I wouldn't say it exactly energized the crowd. In fact, after it was over one guy turned around and said, "What the hell was that?"

I actually like "Ladies and Gentlemen". I don't know so much about "Are You Ready for This" but I will assume once I get inside the stadium and I am surrounded by my :au: brethren then and see some good highlights, I am sure that will get me fired up. I am usually fired up before I turn off 280 though.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but pairing current watered down alt/hard rock with these videos just doesn't do it for me. I was at the KState game last year for the intro video that featured "Ladies and Gentlemen", and much of the crowd was just kind of meh about it. Sure, everybody yelled for certain highlights, but I wouldn't say it exactly energized the crowd. In fact, after it was over one guy turned around and said, "What the hell was that?"

I completely agree, find something that will energize the crowd and stay with it, don't keep changing to try and keep up with whatever is new(most new music is horrible anyway)

I haven't heard the song, but from reading the lyrics, I can envision a version with the highlights that would be exciting.

With that being said, why not use Crazy Train? The band plays it from time to time and gets a good reaction from the student section. If not that, the music from eye of the tiger set to the highlights would always work. Oh well, at least it's not incoherent drunken rambling that comes across coupled with mostly black and white clips from the glory days.

I say they play Jethro Tull's "Locomotive Breath"

Get the whole section to sing the lyrics...

Some are:

"In the shuffling madness

Of the locomotive breath,

Runs the all-time loser,

Headlong to his death."

"And the all-time winner

Has got him by the balls."

To be honest... Compared to this song just mentioned and Autiger96's video "Auburn Football 2008 Preview"... Yeah my vote is for Autiger96

To be honest... Compared to this song just mentioned and Autiger96's video "Auburn Football 2008 Preview"... Yeah my vote is for Autiger96

Exactly. Autiger96's sense of timing is incredible. Nearly all of his videos have parts that send chills up your spine. Still, I understand the desire to put something "hardcore" on the big screen to get everyone pumped up, and the Dances With Wolves Soundtrack (or whatever Autiger96 is using at the time) may not be it. I just don't think Our Lady Peace Seven Mary Three Three Days Grace is a prime candidate, either. May as well use Nickelback or Creed.

Auburn people have to be the whiniest bunch of folks in the world. I'm all for making things as good as possible, but really some of us need to cut the complaining.

Auburn people have to be the whiniest bunch of folks in the world. I'm all for making things as good as possible, but really some of us need to cut the complaining.

You would rather it be Daughtry? Look, if the music sucks, then the music sucks. Why should anyone pretend to like it if they don't?

Now excuse me while I catch my ride...

waaahmbulance300x159mo8.jpg

Were we sitting together? I believe that was my exact comment.

You would rather it be Daughtry? Look, if the music sucks, then the music sucks. Why should anyone pretend to like it if they don't?

Now excuse me while I catch my ride...

waaahmbulance300x159mo8.jpg

I would much rather it be Daughtry!

Archived