If Burns would have played the entire game.......

bird36

I think we would have scored 2 more touchdowns. I am not as worried about the O after watching the game as I was last night listening to it. Remember we don't need a Offense in the top 20. We need an offense that is out of the bottom 20. If the Auburn offinse is somewhere between 30 - 50 nationally we will be a very good team.

"Ifs and buts" mean nothing and we can play that came all year. That is the kind of thing that fans from UAT fabs usually do after a loss last year. "Well, if so and so would not been suspended for one quarter we might have won". :rolleyes:

Seriously, I think it has always been a little silly to do that after a game period, regardless if you win or lose. The win/loss column does not take "what if" into consideration, so why even think about it? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I have just always been more about reality and the "here and now". I am about the facts and not fantasy, which is why I work in quality assurance and am back in school to get my engineering degree. It is also why I probably frustrate the heck out of my wife. :lol:

I think we would have scored 2 more touchdowns. I am not as worried about the O after watching the game as I was last night listening to it. Remember we don't need a Offense in the top 20. We need an offense that is out of the bottom 20. If the Auburn offinse is somewhere between 30 - 50 nationally we will be a very good team.

Our offense was nothing short of horrible last year, and we still managed to win 9 games (don't forget Lucky Les stealing one from us, too!). I think we'll continue to build an awesome D and run the ball. If we can improve our offense even moderately over last year's we will be a ten win team!

Before we go off on Todd maybe you need to look at the receivers first. There were times he had to look to his 4th and 5th read because they just weren't open.

Honestly, I can't stand to watch a Running Quarterback... He is just asking to be killed... I like my Quarterback to be mobile, to be elusive but only to avoid the sack, not to run... I want him to either to hand it off or throw it, NOT to run with it...

Couldn't stand to watch Michael Vick...

That is an old high school offense, when your best (only good) player is the Quarterback... The only way they were going to move the ball is for the Quarterback to take the snap and run for his life...

Honestly, I can't stand to watch a Running Quarterback... He is just asking to be killed... I like my Quarterback to be mobile, to be elusive but only to avoid the sack, not to run... I want him to either to hand it off or throw it, NOT to run with it...

Couldn't stand to watch Michael Vick...

That is an old high school offense, when your best (only good) player is the Quarterback... The only way they were going to move the ball is for the Quarterback to take the snap and run for his life...

I couldn't disagree more. Mobile Qb's have proved to be VERY successful over the past years. The 3 past champions have utilized a mobile QB in some way. I don't want to see our QB used like Pat White, a 2nd RB who throws the ball ever now and then. Or even like Tebow, our main passer and RB. But I do want to have a QB who is a threat to tuck it and run it everytime he touches the ball. If he can't find a man open, fine pick up an easy 10 yards and then slide (this being the key). I want the D to never be comfortable knowing he is back there. An occasional option and QB draw is bonus.

Your right the likelihood of a injury is elevated with this type of QB, but thats why I want to see Todd get plenty of play time whenever possible. But I think Burns is our man.

Honestly, I can't stand to watch a Running Quarterback...

I used to feel that way, but then I got to watch D. Craig.

Wake, good points. There is a balance between a mobile QB and stupidity (over use of Tebow, White). I think Kodi did a great job of making decisions. At times, he ran. If it was a murderous idea, he threw it away. Time will tell.

Wake, good points. There is a balance between a mobile QB and stupidity (over use of Tebow, White). I think Kodi did a great job of making decisions. At times, he ran. If it was a murderous idea, he threw it away. Time will tell.

Well.. What you call stupidity for Tebow was a Heisman trophy. :)

Well.. What you call stupidity for Tebow was a Heisman trophy. :)

without a repeat MNC.

I understand that having a QB who can run will keep the defense in check, but sometimes if a QB gets used to just tucking an running then he will start doing prematurly. I believe we have a good enough offensive line that he could stand there longer.

Just my opinion.

When you see a QB who runs alot that is a sign he has no confidence in his WR's.

Archived