Chaz Ramsey rumors?

PigskinPat

Tuberville addressed it as rumors, but rumors that he has heard as well. Does anyone know the story here?

Wednesday notebook: Lineman Chaz Ramsey still in school; Tuberville hopes he remains

Posted by Evan Woodbery, Press-Register September 03, 2008 6:52 PM

Categories: Football

Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville acknowledged Wednesday that he has heard rumors that offensive lineman Chaz Ramsey was seeking a transfer. Tuberville said Ramsey is still enrolled at Auburn. Ramsey is not attending practices, but is working with a physical therapist to rehabilitate his injured his back. "We hope he stays," Tuberville said.

Ramsey was expected to redshirt this year after injuring his back during the offseason. The Mississippi native was a standout freshman starter in 2007.

"He's still in school," Tuberville said. "I don't know what to tell you about it. He hasn't practiced with us. Nobody's told me anything (about transferring). I've heard rumors, too. I checked. He's still in school, and we hope he stays."

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2008/09/wedn...ineman_cha.html

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to practice today. I had heard the rumors and asked a few insiders about it. I won't go into details but it appears Ramsey is no longer on the team. Whether the door is open for him to return in the future is problematical. JMHO but I think he is a goner.

What???? I don't mean to be an alarmist here but you shouldn't be losing starters just because they got injured. What is the real story here?

Maybe it has something to do with him wanting to play but our trainers and/or Doctors are saying no? Because, I don't think it's a grades thing. Same thing with Raven Gray.

This is deeply troubling if true. I wonder what the real story is?

i heard rumors about a month ago that he was not happy with the offense and thought CTF was....not so pleasant and was going to run the team into the ground this season. supposedly it was him and another guy on offense who felt this way, and were looking to transfer. they were supposedly not happy at all about how the QBs were being handled, and were told in not so many words by CTF that they are not coaches so they shouldn't worry about it. again, thats fwiw and i am seriously not trying to flame or anything. this was from a flesh and blood AU person, not something on the internet either. i thought it sounded a little drastic so i chose to be cautious of it and not really think anything of it. hopefully it is not the case, as i am not trying to smear anybody's name but if mods feel i am or something feel free to edit the post or i will edit myself.

i heard rumors about a month ago that he was not happy with the offense and thought CTF was....not so pleasant and was going to run the team into the ground this season. supposedly it was him and another guy on offense who felt this way, and were looking to transfer. they were supposedly not happy at all about how the QBs were being handled, and were told in not so many words by CTF that they are not coaches so they shouldn't worry about it. again, thats fwiw and i am seriously not trying to flame or anything. this was from a flesh and blood AU person, not something on the internet either. i thought it sounded a little drastic so i chose to be cautious of it and not really think anything of it. hopefully it is not the case, as i am not trying to smear anybody's name but if mods feel i am or something feel free to edit the post or i will edit myself.

Interesting.... I believe this is the first time in a long while that I have heard all kinds of "rumblings" surrounding the team. Where there's smoke, there's fire folks.

I call bull****. You heard rumors a MONTH ago about a guy you never met at a school you never attended in a program that you have zero connections with. Let me guess... you heard it from a guy who is deeply placed in the AU program but can't let his name out for fear of termination, right?

Basically, you don't actually know a damned thing. As usual.

I call bull****. You heard rumors a MONTH ago about a guy you never met at a school you never attended in a program that you have zero connections with. Let me guess... you heard it from a guy who is deeply placed in the AU program but can't let his name out for fear of termination, right?

And you do? Or you know he's lying how so? Basically, you don't actually know a damned thing. As usual.

Face the truth like some of the Auburn fans have on this board and accept the fact that there may be a chemistry problem with our team. This is what happens when you make dramatic changes.

Many dogged Saban for having the same things happening at Alabama. What, the same things can't happen at Auburn. See... what goes around... comes around. I'm not happy about it, but this is why you don't go parading on other's misfortunes.

call bull all you want dude, it doesn't matter to me. just the same as you ASSUME all of that stuff about me, you don't know anything about me. i have been on the AU campus quite a bit in the past. i don't claim to be some sort of AU insider by any means, but i do get tidbits once in a while. i was actually a little surprised to see this sort of thing brought up here. i usually write something like that off as just talk until i see some proof. it still hasn't been proven that exactly what i was told was correct, but apparently there is some sort of problem.

And you do? Or you know he's lying how so? Basically, you don't actually know a damned thing. As usual.

Face the truth like some of the Auburn fans have on this board and accept the fact that there may be a chemistry problem with our team. This is what happens when you make dramatic changes.

Many dogged Saban for having the same things happening at Alabama. What, the same things can't happen at Auburn. See... what goes around... comes around. I'm not happy about it, but this is why you don't go parading on other's misfortunes.

We can always count on PChump to defend bama and any bammers that attack AU on this board. It's like a reflex. Blink, heartbeat, down Auburn, breathe.

What exactly is the "chemistry problem" on AU's football team?

We can always count on PChump to defend bama and any bammers that attack AU on this board. It's like a reflex. Blink, heartbeat, down Auburn, breathe.

What exactly is the "chemistry problem" on AU's football team?

I do the same thing to the Bammers when they call out the Auburn fans. But because this is an Auburn board they do it very infrequently because they know they will be called out on it. But I have done it in the past. I am just being unbiased. It doesn't have to do with them being Bammers, it has to do with you being an idiot.

I don't know the chemistry problem - maybe you should ask Ben Tate, who stated the team knows who the QB should be, but the coaches can't make up their mind. Or maybe you should ask the kid that got beat up and left the team. Or maybe you should ask Raven Gray or Chaz Ramsey. I am sure you will, because you apparently know all the inside information and when other "inside information" comes out, apparently it is BS because you know all that is all.

If you read RWS' post, and he knows I've called him out before, he is pretty cautious about his post. If he was trying to flame and make stuff up - that's not how you usually go about it. Bammer fans can have AU knowledge and vice versa.

Nobody ever reveals their sources. Even the big stories out of the AP say "a source from the LSU athletic department has told SI.com... " Trust me, I always call out sources on big stories - God knows this occurred when those said that Saban wouldn't come to Bama. Or that Saban was coming to Bama. Or that Tuberville was going to Texas A&M or Arkansas. I always question it and people say they can't reveal. It's either BS or it isn't. We'll never know because no one will ever give up true identity. It sucks, but that's how it is.

If you want insider information, go ask Prowler. He knows I have dogged him for his recruiting "inside" knowledge when he said Nico and others were coming to Auburn. Maybe he has all the answers you need. God knows someone that is a Bama fan can't have any information.

Gray and Ramsey are just pissed because they feel they can play and CTT/Medical Staff feel it may not be in the best interest for them to come out and try to play when they are not at 100%.....Screw the "chemistry problems theory"......Both are redshirting.....they dont lose a year of playing time.....If they dont like the decision the staff has made....tough.....its made (by professionals) based on THEIR health. If they feel they can play and want to transfer or quit the team.....then good bye and good luck!

Oh and thats not "insider info".....its common sense.

Gray and Ramsey are just pissed because they feel they can play and CTT/Medical Staff feel it may not be in the best interest for them to come out and try to play when they are not at 100%.....Screw the "chemistry problems theory"......Both are redshirting.....they dont lose a year of playing time.....If they dont like the decision the staff has made....tough.....its made (by professionals) based on THEIR health. If they feel they can play and want to transfer or quit the team.....then good bye and good luck!

Oh and thats not "insider info".....its common sense.

Thank you, someone actually thinking things through around here. :thumbsup:

LMAO :big: It is so funny reading these posts. There are some problems with Ramsey right now but no one has nailed it. And RWS is so far in left field it's pathetic he would make such a post. I assume you have all read what Tubs said after pracice yesterday. He's not going to get into personal isues and neither should we.

LMAO :big: It is so funny reading these posts. There are some problems with Ramsey right now but no one has nailed it. And RWS is so far in left field it's pathetic he would make such a post. I assume you have all read what Tubs said after pracice yesterday. He's not going to get into personal isues and neither should we.

well, so far, you have literally said nothing more than what a Rivals interview has said. i very well may be wrong, i was simply relaying what i had heard.

If you know it, why don't you come out and frackin' say something? I'm sick of this "cloak and dagger" nonsense. Sheesh.

Proud Tiger (in best playground taunting voice): "I know a SEEEEcret. YOU'LL never GUEEESSSS it."

Say, what you mean. Mean what you say. If you can't say it, you don't think its true. Therefore, don't hint at it.

<_<

If you know it, why don't you come out and frackin' say something? I'm sick of this "cloak and dagger" nonsense. Sheesh.

Proud Tiger (in best playground taunting voice): "I know a SEEEEcret. YOU'LL never GUEEESSSS it."

Say, what you mean. Mean what you say. If you can't say it, you don't think its true. Therefore, don't hint at it.

<_<

Take a deep breath and calm down. PIgskinPat started the thread with a decent post and asked if anyone else had heard anything. If you go back and read my response you will see that I used words such as "appears" and "JMHO".I didn't state anything as facts because I don't know many. I do know it involves some personal issuses which I said was not appropriate to post in a public forum, and not some of the rumors or speculated reasons some posters were throwing out that they had no basis for making. What else would you have me do? See my PM to you.

Good lord, people. Read the Creed and live by it.

For those who forget it:

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.

-George Petrie (1945)

Why isn't Ramsey at least attending practices? In a black - no contact jersey if necessary. That would at least answer a few questions, like he is still part of the team. But for CTT to say, "I've heard rumors too, and he is still in school, but not attending practice." Well, what's the deal?

<_<

Take a deep breath and calm down. PIgskinPat started the thread with a decent post and asked if anyone else had heard anything. If you go back and read my response you will see that I used words such as "appears" and "JMHO".I didn't state anything as facts because I don't know many. I do know it involves some personal issuses which I said was not appropriate to post in a public forum, and not some of the rumors or speculated reasons some posters were throwing out that they had no basis for making. What else would you have me do? If you are sick of it, hit the Ignore Button.

You used words like "appears" and then you used the phrase "There are problems" and that there is something, just to not post. Well... then there is something. But until you are willing to state something, we have no reason to believe you over RWS. Your credentials are the same until you have something to say and prove. Even if it is just "I heard from a source on the team," that is fine. Whether you have the knowledge or someone else says they heard the knowledge from others. It is all considered the same until you give your side of the story. In a court of law, the witness doesn't say "it's crazy that you think the defendant murdered that guy, because I know who did (and not say whom)"

<_<

Take a deep breath and calm down. PIgskinPat started the thread with a decent post and asked if anyone else had heard anything. If you go back and read my response you will see that I used words such as "appears" and "JMHO".I didn't state anything as facts because I don't know many. I do know it involves some personal issuses which I said was not appropriate to post in a public forum, and not some of the rumors or speculated reasons some posters were throwing out that they had no basis for making. What else would you have me do? If you are sick of it, hit the Ignore Button.

You used words like "appears"------meaning I was expressing an opinion, not stating facts...

and then you used the phrase "There are problems"----learn to read. I did not. I said his return is problematical which means there are some issues he has to work out with Tubs.

and that there is something, just to not post.-----yes and I later said they are personal and not something to post in a forum like this.

Well... then there is something.---yes something personal.

But until you are willing to state something, we have no reason to believe you over RWS.---it's a free country. You know something that is a fact..., I really don't give a damn what you think.

Your credentials are the same until you have something to say and prove. Even if it is just "I heard from a source on the team," that is fine. Whether you have the knowledge or someone else says they heard the knowledge from others. It is all considered the same until you give your side of the story. In a court of law, the witness doesn't say "it's crazy that you think the defendant murdered that guy, because I know who did (and not say whom)"----I have no special credentials other than recognizing you are truly a joke.

I don't know why I bother but my comments are in red. You will get no more responses on this subject.

I heard he's still suffering from some emotional problems from "the chopblock". That's just what I'm hearing around campus though.

I heard he's still suffering from some emotional problems from "the chopblock". That's just what I'm hearing around campus though.

I'm sure Chaz appreciates such speculation about possible emotional issues being aired here. I thought the rules were that we didn't discuss such issues on WEN about a player, particulary hearsay. I would like to see the whole thread deleted.

Archived