Coaching Question

autiger6

As I was sitting at a local establishment tonight covered up with Bama guys they all think that Auburn is going to go after Tommy Bowden.... Like I told them there are to many things in common with Tubs and Bowden and if we get rid of Tubs we need to move in a totally new direction. Now that the other side of the state has a top notch coach does Auburn try to create the same frenzy? Who could create this frenzy? Would any of the top 10 big name coaches leave there conference to come coach in the SEC? Does Auburn still offer enough star power to lure these guys?

No bowden will be the HC @ AU again.

No bowden will be the HC @ AU again.

my thoughts exactly. and as far as the poster above listing to what bamzos think, my God we should not listen to anything a bama fan has to say about our program. The only way a bowden comes to auburn again is if we are about to kick his butt on the field.

As I was sitting at a local establishment tonight covered up with Bama guys they all think that Auburn is going to go after Tommy Bowden.... Like I told them there are to many things in common with Tubs and Bowden and if we get rid of Tubs we need to move in a totally new direction. Now that the other side of the state has a top notch coach does Auburn try to create the same frenzy? Who could create this frenzy? Would any of the top 10 big name coaches leave there conference to come coach in the SEC? Does Auburn still offer enough star power to lure these guys?

you have obviously had way to much to drink in that "local establishment". i hope like hell you did not drive home.

I dont see Bowden coaching at Auburn. Why would anyone think that Auburn is going to go after him??

In a way, he is very similar to Tuberville. I think that if Tuberville make his exit from Auburn (either forced or on his own), you guys need to go in a totally different direction.

Is there anyone in the NFL with ties to Auburn?

you have obviously had way to much to drink in that "local establishment". i hope like hell you did not drive home.

It is hard to get away from the Bama fans when you live in Birmingham. I of course don't believe for a minute that we should or would go after Bowden. Like I told them he would be like hiring a clone of what we already have.

We have a great coach now. We'd be well served in retaining the one we have.

Amen! :cheer::au::cheer::au::cheer:

It is hard to get away from the Bama fans when you live in Birmingham. I of course don't believe for a minute that we should or would go after Bowden. Like I told them he would be like hiring a clone of what we already have.

it would be even worse. he would bring tater tot back to be his offensive coordinator.

Why would we hire a coach who was fired from a team that hasn't really had a great season in the past 4 years, much less one we let go as offensive coordinator when he was here?

Tommy is a great guy personally but I don't think we would want a lateral move. I am happy with CTT, he will right this ship and we will be better for it. So tell those stupid Bammers, we have a coach, thank you very much! Anyone who can beat UAT six years in a row can't be that bad!! War Eagle! :cheer:

Firing CTT and hiring Bowden will be a classic case of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss." We can´t fire a head coach who´s been with us 10 years while achieving 1 SEC title to hire a new coach that can stay for 10 years and possibly achieve even less.

We need to keep CTT.

Bowden should be hired as the offensive consultant for the rest of the season. He was a good OC, at least our receivers under him could catch a ball and run routes (Sanders, Goodson etc.) and he also worked with QB's (Nix and White and Craig).

... we need to move in a totally new direction.

My question is, do you want to sell your soul to the devil like the school up the road did? Guys, IMO, absolutely NOT!

We need to keep CTT.

Bowden should be hired as the offensive consultant for the rest of the season. He was a good OC, at least our receivers under him could catch a ball and run routes (Sanders, Goodson etc.) and he also worked with QB's (Nix and White and Craig).

Can't say that I disagree w/ this statement.

Good Lord! The "depth" of these bammies' collective thought process is that AU should replace a 10-yr HC with a coach who was fired at mid-season. ... ... autiger6, you need to start hanging out with a more intelligent crowd. Period.

For any of you bammie fans reading this, I don't ever again want to read about you guys complaining about anybody else laughing at your fan base.

A clone....so you think tuberville is an a**hole?

Why would we hire a coach who was fired from a team that hasn't really had a great season in the past 4 years, much less one we let go as offensive coordinator when he was here?

Tommy is a great guy personally but I don't think we would want a lateral move. I am happy with CTT, he will right this ship and we will be better for it. So tell those stupid Bammers, we have a coach, thank you very much! Anyone who can beat UAT six years in a row can't be that bad!! War Eagle! :cheer:

tuberville for bowden would NOT be a lateral move, it would a MASSIVE STEP BACKWARDS.

To answer the OP's question -

Nobody.

Nobody could create the same frenzy that Saban did at Alabama. Hell, they could of rehired Mike Dubose and the media frenzy would have outweighed any new hire at Auburn. They live their lives that way. Everything about Alabama is a kickass party that deserves special attention.

Now, a few coaches that WOULD create some buzz about Auburn football would be:

Steve Spurrier

Pete Carroll

Bob Stoops

Bill Cowher

Notice something about those guys? They're all unattainable for Auburn. Alabama really did find themselves in a lucky spot. They grabbed a proven SEC winner at the time that the state of Alabama was loaded with high school talent. While I do think Saban has done a great job in West Vance, he did land a pretty good role at the right time. Auburn isn't in a spot right now to grab a big time name that has the ability to take away what Saban is doing.

Honestly, I'm leaning more and more to the Tuberville side each day. He's been a consistent face for the Auburn program. If he got the offense moving, we'd be back among the elite programs in the SEC. Making a drastic change right now will set us back a few years.

Archived