Talent?

ProgRock

We officially have a talent problem.

1) Our LB's besides Bynes and Blackmon aren't that good.Slow and you NEVER see them in the backfield.

2) Our kicker is mimicing the Dow Jones.

3) I think we have WR's I don't know,I hear we do have them....maybe their a myth like bigfoot.So I can't comment.

4)D line is doing as much as they can....bless 'em.

5)Our secondary is making most of the tackles.Sadly and doing the best they can.

6)RB's Lester,Fannin and Davis......that's all we need everybody else can be converted as a fullback.

7)QB's Kodi is doing the best he can but he'll never be able to throw down field to our WR's.

8)OL Oh boy .....can we just completely start over.......maybe??

If anyone thinks it is the talent, let me make the following statement:

1) Coaches recruit the talent

2) Coaches coach the talent

3) In 2004 we went undefeated and it has been 4 years. Our RS Juniors / True Seniors this year would've been from the seceding recruiting class. Shouldn't this be a great class in this role? If not, see point #1.

Well I call it like I see it?

The first thing that should pop in anyones head tonight was the speed of WV and how they were gaining 8 yards at a time.......just like..uhmm Arkansas.

They did to us what we used to do to others.

They ran the ball with speed and use their powerful OL.But somehow we make them look like worldbeaters ,when a team like East Carolina whoops up on them.

The first thing the Defense needs to do is find their way into the backfield.

We haven't put any pressure on a QB in a Looooonnnng time.

We have the talent to win and win now. This is the same roster that ended last season with a lot of attention. Lester, Tate and Fannin are great. Our OL was solid last year, I don't know why they forgot how to block.

This is a coaching problem, not talent.

With this kind of coaching, the talent level won't last long, especially considering what's going on over at that "other school.'

Let me throw a wrench in the works.

Paul Rhoads with a Pitt. team stopped this team,LAST YEAR when they were better,for 9 points.

Same guy same scheme....what's different? You tell me?

With this kind of coaching, the talent level won't last long, especially considering what's going on over at that "other school.'

That was a rivalry game and his players were up for it.

Are you seriously saying that Auburn wasn't "up" for this game.The only football game on,everyone in tv land watching.First time ever to play WV,and our excuse is we weren't up for it because thy're not a rival??HUH?

So 31-9=22......Ya get 22 points of extra D if your playing a rival and are up for the game?Nah I'm not buying that.

We were beated by a team that was better....... Obviously. We went out there and did well for a half on offense. It was the first time all season that the O scored 17 points in the first half since ULM. It was the offense of WVU, with a stud QB and RB, that did us in. Devine is flat out AUsome, and White is pretty darn good himself.

We got beat by the best team we have played this season. WVU could beat LSU, Vandy, and Arkansas. WVU will be hard to beat the rest of the season. No excuses. We got beat by a better team. This WVU team beat Oklahoma in a BCS game last year, and it's pretty clear that they found themselves last night.

Auburn has a lot of work to do. We don't have a Devine at RB, but the ones we have are good. We don't have a senior QB who is a college superstar, but the one we have will be good.

There is such a thing as improving as the year goes on. It looks like W Va has done that. I have to give them credit and say they looked pretty damn good last night. We missed a few tackles for sure, but if you don't bring Devine down, and there's a hole, he's gone. He looked like the reincarnation of Barry Sanders last night, but faster.

Our offense looked like it was improving until the same ol' second half crap. How about we pass out of the I for once so they don't know we're going to run it out of the I every time. And maybe call a play other than Kodi keeper on 3rd down. He got a few in spite of them knowing exactly what was going to happen.

What we have is a morale problem, not a talent problem.

Do you see anything that the team should be positive about? Do you think the team organization likes to go into games having nothing to be positive about? Knowing that basically they are going to have to get lucky to win anymore games by the skin of their teeth?

The talent is there. The morale is not. I can't blame them. This year has been a case study in how NOT to manage personnel and get them to achieve anything.

Archived