Smith declares for NFL draft

Rocket City Tiger

I thought it was kind of odd how Saban was talking about how Smith would be eligible to play next year when there was no chance he would be coming back. Was that just a smoke screen because he is scared the NCAA might be back?

why might the NCAA be back? a spokeswoman from the NCAA already stated that they looked at the info and they deemed it an institutional matter, not an NCAA matter. CNS reiterated that as well. he was simply stating that he could come back next year if he wanted and this had no bearing on his eligibility next season.

I thought it was kind of odd how Saban was talking about how Smith would be eligible to play next year when there was no chance he would be coming back. Was that just a smoke screen because he is scared the NCAA might be back?

why might the NCAA be back? a spokeswoman from the NCAA already stated that they looked at the info and they deemed it an institutional matter, not an NCAA matter. he was simply stating that he could come back next year if he wanted and this had no bearing on his eligibility next season.

Awwww don't do that. I mean why post things that would directly conflict with yet ANOTHER BS assertion that gets floated out there to implicate Alabama...when there's absolutely no wrongdoing...

why might the NCAA be back? a spokeswoman from the NCAA already stated that they looked at the info and they deemed it an institutional matter, not an NCAA matter. he was simply stating that he could come back next year if he wanted and this had no bearing on his eligibility next season.

Awwww don't do that. I mean why post things that would directly conflict with yet ANOTHER BS assertion that gets floated out there to implicate Alabama...when there's absolutely no wrongdoing...

Yep, Bama is done.

Guest BoStillKnows

Yep, Bama is done.

Geez. I just asked a question. Why are you girls so sensitive?

Yep, Bama is done.

Geez. I just asked a question. Why are you girls so sensitive?

:blink:

Although I am not surprised, here's the story I heard from a Bammer yesterday.

Smith's family wanted to insure him for $5M for the Sugar Bowl, in case he got hurt. Insurance on $5M would cost around $30K, which they didn't have. Since AS had promised his signing bonus to his church, his family didn't see a problem with taking $30K from an agent to cover the insurance.

Sounds like the real thing to me... :poke:

My whole question in this is, how did the issue of benefits come to the surface? Did Smith go to Saban and tell him? I digress....

Well, even if he were still eligible to play for the Tide, I think he's making the smart move by declaring. Could you imagine the crap he'd deal with next year if he returned? Plus he's one twisted knee away from working on a loading dock for the rest of his life.

Well, even if he were still eligible to play for the Tide, I think he's making the smart move by declaring. Could you imagine the crap he'd deal with next year if he returned? Plus he's one twisted knee away from working on a loading dock for the rest of his life.

No doubt. He'll be a top 3 pick and can buy his own Escalade then...

The mans going in the top 4 of the draft. Thats like telling a college student to hold on to try and get an education to have a shot at making 10 million their whole life or to quit and take a 10 million dollar lottery ticket for their effort.

No ones going to turn down the ticket. You can always go back to school, you can't always make 55 million over 5 years.

I'm sure his first one is worn out by now.... :poke::roflol:

and i am still glad that piece of trash did not come to auburn, marcus mcneil is still ten times the tackle smith is, and last time i checked doing one hell of a job on the field, they just beat the colts, superbowl bound perhaps. if smith would have gone to florida he would have bailed on them too. he let down his team mates in my opinion by not being there, not a very band of brothers attitude, wreaks of the old "me,me,me" attitude which is a first class ticket to nowhere. good luck to him in oakland or detroit or cleveland, --which is my blind pick and good riddance. B)

and i am still glad that piece of trash did not come to auburn, marcus mcneil is still ten times the tackle smith is, and last time i checked doing one hell of a job on the field, they just beat the colts, superbowl bound perhaps. if smith would have gone to florida he would have bailed on them too. he let down his team mates in my opinion by not being there, not a very band of brothers attitude, wreaks of the old "me,me,me" attitude which is a first class ticket to nowhere. good luck to him in oakland or detroit or cleveland, --which is my blind pick and good riddance. B)

i'm not all that thrilled with how he left either, but calling him a piece of trash is kind of harsh. he never got in trouble, stayed quiet and modest, and went out and did his job. why all the hate?

I don't understand why Saban put it out to the press that Smith might come back next year. Anyone here have an idea?

I don't understand why Saban put it out to the press that Smith might come back next year. Anyone here have an idea?

he didn't say he might, he said that he would be eligible if he wanted to come back next season when asked a question about NCAA involvement and his eligibility if Smith chose to return.

he didn't say he might, he said that he would be eligible if he wanted to come back next season when asked a question about NCAA involvement and his eligibility if Smith chose to return.

Thanks for the clarification. Anybody else leaving the Capstone early?

Thanks for the clarification. Anybody else leaving the Capstone early?

possibly Coffee. personally, i don't think he has enough of a resume to get drafted very highly, but he may be looking ahead at the uncertainty of the OL situation in 09.

EDIT: Coffee is now in fact gone to the NFL.

Archived