These Polls are Garbage

DCWarEagle

This isn't football...there's a tournament at the end of the season that will settle things. In the meantime, enjoy what the team is currently doing.

You don't move up if the teams ahead of you don't lose.

But I agree it's crap. I've noticed OU with 2 losses being up there for quite some time now. They are being rewarded for losing by 1 point to UNC and by 28 points to the #1 team, UCONN. They play Baylor tomorrow, so one of them will lose.

Hopefully the ladies take care of business. If they keep winning, they'll get a #1 seed.

UConn bounced UL pretty good last night to go 20-0.

Time and the tournament will sort it all out.

This isn't football...there's a tournament at the end of the season that will settle things. In the meantime, enjoy what the team is currently doing.

Right, but don't the polls have something to do with seeding for the tourney? Either directly or in the back of the minds of the selection committee.

I just want to see our team recognized for the amazing season they are having.

Will be fun to watch the Women's Tournament if we make a deep run.

Oklahoma plays #4 Baylor, Mizzou, and #13 Tennessee the next week plus. Baylor or Oklahoma will have a loss by then, and both could go down.

The polls have little to no impact on the seedings...ideally, you'd hope they would mirror each other, but they don't. The selection committee will weigh all of their factors (SOS, record against top opponents, etc.) and spit out a bracket.

Our current RPI is 8, largely due to a lackluster non-conference slate and the SEC not being as deep as it has been in the past (only 3 SEC schools in the current top 40 of the RPI). Best case scenario would be to get through the rest of the regular season with no more than one loss, then win the SEC tournament and get another win over Tennessee in the process...but that's a hell of a long way off.

1 Seed would be great, but I think the important thing is to get a 2 and avoid UConn's bracket. They are destroying everyone. It might be because the coach picks fights with the ladies on the opposing teams and they are too scared to concentrate.

Or it could be the UConn is exceptionally good this year.

Archived