PRAYER REQUEST

MDM4AU

Hey Guys, I need a prayer request. There is a guy in my bible study on Wednesday mornings that had a seizure Monday night. He has a brain tumor. He is only 29. Not that any age is an appropriate one. He is married with no kids. Please keep him and his family in your prayers!

Prayers sent.

Just got back from the hospital. Jeff is in good spirits considering. They are sending him home today to let the family decide how they want to treat it. It is stage II cancer. The tumor is about 2" wide. The doctors said it could have popped up last week or been growing since he was 3. They want to check it next week to observe the growth if any.

Keep the prayers coming for him and his family while they contemplate what to do next.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an e-mail from Jeff's wife today. Nothing about the tumor has seemed to change. They have gotten an opinion from UAB and head to Houston (forgot the name of the hospital) to get another opinion. They appreciate all of your prayers and ask that you keep them coming. They have quite a bit to consider right now. She says he is remaining positive and strong (stronger than her, she says.)

I will tell you more when I hear it.

• 3 weeks later...

As many of you know, my friend Jeff found out a few weeks ago that he has a brain tumor. Today (7:30 am) Jeff went into surgery at MD Anderson in Houston. Please say a prayer today for him and his family.

Prayers sent. HOpe he stays in good spirits brain tumors are beatable. My aunt was diagnosed6 years ago with a brain tumor in the sensory area of the brain, therefore making it inoperatable. They told her then she wouldnt live 6 months, 6 years later after the tumor grew to the size just larger than a golfball, she has come off her meds and is doing fine. She has real trouble memory wise but other than that in great health.

Prayers sent.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff is back from Houston and the surgery to remove the tumor went as well as could be. He is seeing an oncologist at UAB and will begin Radiation and a low dose of chemo right away for the next six weeks. Higher dose of chemo for the next several months after that. He is in good spirits and actually made it to our bible study this morning. He appreciates all the thoughts and prayers. Keep them coming!

Archived