UGA offers Anderson

SouthLink02

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4029709

Georgia officials have offered the 49-year-old Anderson a multiyear contract that would pay him more than $2 million per season, according to sources. He would replace Dennis Felton, who was fired Jan. 29 after going 84-91 record in six seasons at Georgia.

Lock it down

I want a freakin decent basketball program and he will bring it.

We will never be anything better than decent but making the NCAA tournament every now and then is fine by me

I doubt he is coming now

I'm happy for you. Really, I am. I just don't understand something. When Auburn was searching for a basketball coach and hired Lebo, one of the people that we interviewed was Mike Anderson. He insisted on being interviewed in Birmingham, and would not come to Auburn for an interview unless we made him an offer. Is that the way it is supposed to work? Something doesn't smell right to me. Did that mean he did not want the job unless we offered a whole lot more money than he could get anywhere else? (And he wanted to be assured of that money).

This stings. I really thought we would get him. I know Missouri is a much better job/program/history than us but I figured he would come back South, make a lot of money, and have fully authority to do what he wanted.

Sigh, some names I have heard as Plan B are a joke. We will see

60+ years of sucking....I guess another 60 to come

I want to tell Damon Evans congrats on striking out on 3 pitches in your first at-bat. You built up this hire big time so you better produce or else you will feel a lot of heat for the first time in your arrogant career

I don't have the facts, but I would dare say that Atlanta has enough 5star recruits that could put Georgia at the Top of the SEC. Don't know why GA is inconsistent.

Since I sorta' like Georgia when they aren't playing Auburn, I think the DullDawgs may be better off without this cat in their hat. Anderson's dealings with Auburn were distasteful, and he comes across as a real prick. Sort of a Nolan Richardson on a Real Bad Day.

Too bad they didn't get this jerk in Tuskaloser. He'd have won some games but the wins wouldn't have been worth the headaches.

You did with that idiot who tanked the program.

UGA should be a contender in all sports! Education Lottery and all, UGA has everything needed EXCEPT a quality basketball team and an arena to showcase it.

You did with that idiot who tanked the program.

UGA should be a contender in all sports! Education Lottery and all, UGA has everything needed EXCEPT a quality basketball team and an arena to showcase it.

The idiot was one of the best X's & O's coach in the game

He just got caught

Freakin had us going up too. Freakin Tony Cole. Shut your mouth next time

OK Slink, where do you guys stand now? Who are the front runners? Or to be more accurate, according to the latest rumor mongers who is the leader and/or who will be hired?

OK Slink, where do you guys stand now? Who are the front runners? Or to be more accurate, according to the latest rumor mongers who is the leader and/or who will be hired?

Who knows, Who cares

We suck

If i was UGA i would go after mark few of gonzaga, Pernell who didnt get retained at Arizona after leading team to sweet sixteen, Xavier coach or butler coach. that would be my top 4

Looks like Anderson took a whoooooole lot less money to stay on with my homeboys in Missouri. What a class act.

To those who said he was shady and a prick I simply say **** OFF.

What a class act.

He was anything but a class act when he was in these parts. I doubt he's improved with time, but like 'im if you choose to.

Archived