Moseley?

quietfan

Just a thought I had today:

Obviously there's lots of interest in how our current quarterbacks are doing in spring training, and some speculation about Tyrik Rollison's chances of playing time as a freshman, but I haven't heard much speculation on what Clint Mosely might do when he reports. Is everyone pretty much assuming he'll redshirt? Might he edge out Rollison if any freshman gets playing time at QB? I know he's is from a small school. Anyone want to speculate on him? (Without personal criticism of a player, of course!)

He's not going to play.

Pretty safe guess, since almost all freshman QB's redshirt.

Almost all FR QB across the nation? @ AU? @ AU when CTT was the coach? or has this been a trend with CGC or CGM?

I just get the feeling CGC and CGM are willing to play the best 11 on offense regardless if they are a freshmean. Now if you're asking whether either of the freshman one of the best 11, now that's a different story. But I do believe if neither of the 4 QB currently vying for the starting job impresses then maybe the coaches would be willing to give one of the freshman a shot.

There is no way that Clint Moseley starts in his freshman year. It is ridiculous to use a freshman at qb unless you are sure he will be the starter. You have to be in a seriously bad situation, and the freshman qb has to bring a different set of skills to the table.

Who is the last Freshman to get significant play at qb at Auburn? KB

Why did he play? Because we stunk, and he could run.

Was that a good thing? Pretty safe to say that everyone wishes that he did not have to play.

Is there anyway that Moseley plays this kind of role this fall? No

Pretty safe guess, since almost all freshman QB's redshirt.

Almost all FR QB across the nation?

Yes.

Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Chad Henne, Matthew Stafford, Mitch Mustain & Colt McCoy all say "hay." It's not preferred to start a true freshman but it has and can be done.

Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Chad Henne, Matthew Stafford, Mitch Mustain & Colt McCoy all say "hay." It's not preferred to start a true freshman but it has and can be done.

They probably say "hey".... So you go back 10+ years and name six QB's that started as freshmen?

Here's my post, quoted: "Pretty safe guess, since almost all freshman QB's redshirt."

Now I'll make it easy for you: "Pretty safe guess, since almost all freshman QB's redshirt." Note the "almost all".

I think the thousand or so that redshirted over the past 10+ years constitute "almost all".

Tim the Tebow says "Modify that list or I'll throw a mean gator chomp your way. I don't care about no flag, either."

They probably say "hey".... So you go back 10+ years and name six QB's that started as freshmen?

Here's my post, quoted: "Pretty safe guess, since almost all freshman QB's redshirt."

Now I'll make it easy for you: "Pretty safe guess, since almost all freshman QB's redshirt." Note the "almost all".

I think the thousand or so that redshirted over the past 10+ years constitute "almost all".

Not all inclusive by any means, but a list of SEC starting frosh QB's (at some point in season) from past 5-10 years.

Jared Lorenzen, Andre Woodson, Jason Campbell, Tim Tebow, Jordan Jefferson, Casey Dick, Eric Ainge, Brent Shaffer, Steven Garcia, Kodi Burns, Brodie Croyle, etc.

Not all inclusive by any means, but a list of SEC starting frosh QB's (at some point in season) from past 5-10 years.

Jared Lorenzen, Andre Woodson, Jason Campbell, Tim Tebow, Jordan Jefferson, Casey Dick, Eric Ainge, Brent Shaffer, Steven Garcia, Kodi Burns, Brodie Croyle, etc.

Learn to spell. It's "Yaw,yaw,yaw,yaw,Brent Shaffer".

Jason Campbell redshirted, so knock him off your list. There are probably some more on there that redshirted, but it's not my list so 'll leave it up to you to do the research.

He's not going to play.

Ever or this year?

Second one definitely, first one quite possibly

I'm not going to lie, I think Moseley is going to be a career clip-board holder. I've analyzed his tape and he has glaring weaknesses/rawness, and despite his stats (product of the system) he never looked dominant on film. Ball velocity is probably below average, and his ball placement is weeping of someone who is far from being ready.

He's not going to play.

Ever or this year?

Second one definitely, first one quite possibly

I'm not going to lie, I think Moseley is going to be a career clip-board holder. I've analyzed his tape and he has glaring weaknesses/rawness, and despite his stats (product of the system) he never looked dominant on film. Ball velocity is probably below average, and his ball placement is weeping of someone who is far from being ready.

i just watched each of their videos back to back and its pretty clear that as long as rollison is on campus, he ain't starting. not to say the kid doesn't have talent, its just that rollison appears to be pretty special imo

Sounds like Randy Campbell.....

Sounds like Randy Campbell.....

Oh no, not the wishbone discussion again. I'm checking out before someone posts inside information about wearing a certain color jersey at some point next season.

Well I don't know why some on this site have such a problem with the young man.

I watched his film also, And most of the passe's were on target . He had a good but not great arm.

And as for him being a system QB , Won't we be running a CGM System ?

Just say in And besides he can throw the ball better than any QB we have now.

Well I don't know why some on this site have such a problem with the young man.

I watched his film also, And most of the passe's were on target . He had a good but not great arm.

And as for him being a system QB , Won't we be running a CGM System ?

Just say in And besides he can throw the ball better than any QB we have now.

not doggin the kid, he's just not in rollison's league

And besides he can throw the ball better than any QB we have now.

You cant be serious. I'm not flaming the kid, but his abilities out of HS dont even match Trotter. He got press because he won Mr.Football and he won Mr.Football because he put up some gaudy numbers, but when you watch his tape he isn't wowing you with any of his passes...and thats against weak competition. He's got size and some athleticism so he's got some upside, but as mentioned, is he really going to play with Rollison here? If they both redshirt I cant see Moseley seeing the field...the gap is simply enormous right now between the two.

And besides he can throw the ball better than any QB we have now.

You cant be serious. I'm not flaming the kid, but his abilities out of HS dont even match Trotter. He got press because he won Mr.Football and he won Mr.Football because he put up some gaudy numbers, but when you watch his tape he isn't wowing you with any of his passes...and thats against weak competition. He's got size and some athleticism so he's got some upside, but as mentioned, is he really going to play with Rollison here? If they both redshirt I cant see Moseley seeing the field...the gap is simply enormous right now between the two.

or Steven Ensminger when he came out of HS.

Archived