Any of you heading to Omaha?

This isn't a flame. I know quite a few families who go for fun, regardless whether their school made it or not. I'll be at LSU's regionals and super regional, but I'll only be heading to Omaha late in the game due to being in Destin

One of these years I will go up there and just enjoy it even if Auburn will never ever make it to Hoover much less Omaha.

One of these years I will go up there and just enjoy it even if Auburn will never ever make it to Hoover much less Omaha.

They only have two more years (counting this one) of the one and only Rosenblatt. While you'll see the arrogant, goat-humping bammers tell us on ours boards that no one cares, the people of Omaha disagree. It's a great atmopshere, and I highly recommend you take your son-if you have one haha-there. Try to go when LSU goes. We make it real fun and rowdy. B)

I'm 23, so no kids. Oh I've been to Baton Rouge for an Auburn/LSU football game so I know all about how ya'll make it rowdy.

This isn't a flame. I know quite a few families who go for fun, regardless whether their school made it or not. I'll be at LSU's regionals and super regional, but I'll only be heading to Omaha late in the game due to being in Destin

No, this isn't a flame. This is a slap in the face. Dude, Destin then the College World Series? I think all of us will now hate you as much as we hate your team. Congrats. ;)

No, this isn't a flame. This is a slap in the face. Dude, Destin then the College World Series? I think all of us will now hate you as much as we hate your team. Congrats. ;)

Whoah! A bama fan who conrgatulated rather reply with a "No one cares about baseball". thanks for the kudos. It's a shame Bama's great hitting didn't carry them as far I expected.

Anyway, what's your thoughts on Wells? I know a lot of hard-headed elderly tigers who STILL believe we should've hired Wells over Maineri. :no: They say he's TOPS away from being the best they've seen.

Whoah! A bama fan who conrgatulated rather reply with a "No one cares about baseball". thanks for the kudos. It's a shame Bama's great hitting didn't carry them as far I expected.

Anyway, what's your thoughts on Wells? I know a lot of hard-headed elderly tigers who STILL believe we should've hired Wells over Maineri. :no: They say he's TOPS away from being the best they've seen.

Well, they're crazy. Maineri is obviously an elite manager while Wells is only a pro at coming up short. Sure, he's won a lot of games and had success here, but I'm just not that sold on him. He appears to be a good evaluator of talent but lacks the ability to put it all together in the form of a consistent SEC title contender. I'm just not that sold on him. I remember being bummed when he came out of retirement to keep our program in its same lull.

Well, they're crazy. Maineri is obviously an elite manager while Wells is only a pro at coming up short. Sure, he's won a lot of games and had success here, but I'm just not that sold on him. He appears to be a good evaluator of talent but lacks the ability to put it all together in the form of a consistent SEC title contender. I'm just not that sold on him. I remember being bummed when he came out of retirement to keep our program in its same lull.

That's what I told him. Maineri has already surpassed the SEC in his third year at the helm. If we hold on to a few instate players flirting with the draft (notably pitchers), we'll be even better next season.

One more question: do you guys have any plans on renovating/expanding your baseball stadium? As you already know, it's a serious arms-race in the SEC for facilities, and it looks to me like Sewell-Thomas is aging a bit.

That's what I told him. Maineri has already surpassed the SEC in his third year at the helm. If we hold on to a few instate players flirting with the draft (notably pitchers), we'll be even better next season.

One more question: do you guys have any plans on renovating/expanding your baseball stadium? As you already know, it's a serious arms-race in the SEC for facilities, and it looks to me like Sewell-Thomas is aging a bit.

Wells is a dud and Sewell-Thomas is certainly second rate. I really can't understand how we're able to have a successful program.

I'm not expecting a new park anytime soon, though. Coleman Coliseum was recently renovated, Bryant-Denny is getting an endzone deck and additional suites for the second time in 4 years, and money is yet to be sunk into the new basketball practice gym.

The Joe is in definite need of either a face lift, or, my preference, a date with the wrecking ball. Baseball is just on the back burner right now. The softball facility puts the guys' place to shame. For a school that opens a new building every 90 days, you think we could do a little better.

Ole Miss isn't going to Omaha so I figured LSU fans would enjoy that. Southern Miss is going for the first time ever, after they took it from Florida in Gainesville.

Ole Miss isn't going to Omaha so I figured LSU fans would enjoy that. Southern Miss is going for the first time ever, after they took it from Florida in Gainesville.

Meh, it would be so much more enjoyable if Bianco wasn't so nototrious for choking in the Supers. Congrats to Coack palmer and the Southern Miss Eagles! My two least-favorite teams lost today! :cheer:

Meh, it would be so much more enjoyable if Bianco wasn't so nototrious for choking in the Supers. Congrats to Coack palmer and the Southern Miss Eagles! My two least-favorite teams lost today! :cheer:

I'm currently working at UVa, and I hope you guys kick the snot out of them this weekend. I've had to endure all day how bad they think they will beat you, because they beat Ole Miss. Sigh...

I'm currently working at UVa, and I hope you guys kick the snot out of them this weekend. I've had to endure all day how bad they think they will beat you, because they beat Ole Miss. Sigh...

Thanks for the support. I know I'm totally biased, but with the way the schedule works with a team with two dominant pitchers, LSU is in great shape to be there long enough for me to head over there after Destin... hopefully. With the scenery around that campus, you're pretty blessed to work around there.

LSU will shred Virginia. I was very surprised they eliminated Ole Miss.

Lord, I hope so. The IT clowns I work with have been talking smack all week.

Archived