Jeremiah Jackson from Spain Park commits to

AUman43

His loss.

Or maybe his gain. If he didn't have an offer from Auburn, then he caught on where he could. Nothing wrong with that.

Auburn has really struggled to pull guys out of Birmingham's over the mountain schools. Pugh, Hawthorne, and Shoemaker the only 3 that come to mind on scholarship right now or in the last 2-3 years. This could have been a nice in at Spain Park. SP, Hoover, Mountain Brook, Vestavia, Homewood, Oak Mountain produce some pretty good talent each year, but it seems to all end up at Bama or out of state. I guess Billings and Holland would count as well if you include Pelham as Over the Mountain. Still not a strong showing in B'ham.

Auburn has really struggled to pull guys out of Birmingham's over the mountain schools. Pugh, Hawthorne, and Shoemaker the only 3 that come to mind on scholarship right now or in the last 2-3 years. This could have been a nice in at Spain Park. SP, Hoover, Mountain Brook, Vestavia, Homewood produce some pretty good talent each year, but it seems to all end up at Bama or out of state. I guess Billings and Holland would count as well if you include Pelham as Over the Mountain. Still not a strong showing in B'ham.

Wasn't Caudle from Spain Park?

Auburn has really struggled to pull guys out of Birmingham's over the mountain schools. Pugh, Hawthorne, and Shoemaker the only 3 that come to mind on scholarship right now or in the last 2-3 years. This could have been a nice in at Spain Park. SP, Hoover, Mountain Brook, Vestavia, Homewood produce some pretty good talent each year, but it seems to all end up at Bama or out of state. I guess Billings and Holland would count as well if you include Pelham as Over the Mountain. Still not a strong showing in B'ham.

Wasn't Caudle from Spain Park?

Yes.

True, good point. That was 5 recruiting classes ago though, as was Hawthorne and Shoemaker. We definitely have not been successful in those areas of late. Maybe the new staff can make a change there.

True, good point. That was 5 recruiting classes ago though, as was Hawthorne and Shoemaker. We definitely have not been successful in those areas of late. Maybe the new staff can make a change there.

Barrett Trotter.

Neil Caudle, Tim Hawthorne, Andrew McCain, Ryan Pugh, Montez Billings

They don't call it bammerham for nothing.

You can never make everybody happy.

Yea, I didn't count Briarwood, because it is a slightly different animal. It is a much smaller school, and we have done fairly well there. I was talking strictly 6A large public schools.

But yea, I understand that Bama has had a huge advantage there, but that is something I would like to see the new staff give more priority to.

As I have said I graduated from Spain Park in 2006. Neil was pretty much a commit to Auburn the day he was born in the hospital. No way he was going anywhere else. Pugh was also known to be going to Auburn. For the most part though it is more bammer country.

Archived