NC State at Auburn

bigsixfive

Well... got my War Eagle shirt on and headed to the Coliseum tonight. I got there and thought, "Man, there's nobody here." Turns out I was right. The game is in Daytona. I was looking forward to it, too.

Hope they win. Guess I'll find out in a few hours.

NC State leads 26-25 at halftime, got a good game going here.

Is it on TV somewhere or are you listening to the radio? I wasn't able to find it on Charter.

I'm assuming if there was a miracle in the last 1.3 seconds, you would have posted it by now.

Well, Auburn called a timeout. They came out and got lined up and then NC State called a timeout. You know how the last minute of a basketball game lasts an eternity.

I'm assuming if there was a miracle in the last 1.3 seconds, you would have posted it by now.

Well, Auburn called a timeout. They came out and got lined up and then NC State called a timeout. You know how the last minute of a basketball game lasts an eternity.

Yeah, I was just wondering if it were over. FoxSports runs a little behind, and ESPN was way behind.

5-15 from the free throw line, another game given away...

The mark of Lebo's torturious tenure.

Dammit...let one get away tonight.

Missing 10 of 15 FTs is totally unacceptable, and Rexbo is right...FT shooting has not improved during Lebo's tenure. Cliff Ellis' teams didn't shoot FTs as a team very well, either, but at least we had Scott Pohlman to funnel FTs to at the end of a game when needed. This year's team doesn't appear to have one reliable FT shooter on it, at least not right now.

Dammit...let one get away tonight.

Missing 10 of 15 FTs is totally unacceptable, and Rexbo is right...FT shooting has not improved during Lebo's tenure. Cliff Ellis' teams didn't shoot FTs as a team very well, either, but at least we had Scott Pohlman to funnel FTs to at the end of a game when needed. This year's team doesn't appear to have one reliable FT shooter on it, at least not right now.

Having the reliable FT shooter only matters when you're ahead. Our misses are throughout the game when it safe for teams to foul us because we won't convert.

Maybe if the team bonds together and gets some chemistry going, they will make their FT's...

haha, yea right. Auburn will never be good at the charity stripe.

Actually, coming into the NC State game, our FT shooting had been much improved. We were 61 of 83 from the charity stripe for the year, which is 73.4%. We just didn't hit them last night.

Actually, coming into the NC State game, our FT shooting had been much improved. We were 61 of 83 from the charity stripe for the year, which is 73.4%. We just didn't hit them last night.

why bring fact into it?

why bring fact into it?

The fact is, this game was lost at the free throw line and that has been the mark of Lebo coached teams at Auburn. If this game proves to be an anomaly this year, that will be a welcomed change.

why bring fact into it?

The fact is, this game was lost at the free throw line and that has been the mark of Lebo coached teams ...

I don't know that any Auburn team has been good from the line since Sonny Smith coached. Hopefully that is a curse that will go down with the walls of BEMC. <fingers crossed>

Archived