Charlie Weis, really? THAT'S how you want to exit ND ?

AURaptor

Former Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis reportedly took a shot at USC's Pete Carroll in an online interview published Saturday, and Carroll isn't happy about it.

Weis, fired at Notre Dame last week, was asked by IrishIllustrated.com, a site devoted to covering Notre Dame sports, if he is "frustrated" by how he's portrayed as opposed to Carroll.

According to the interview transcript from IrishIllustrated.com senior editor Tim Prister, Weis responded: "Let me ask you this question: You guys know about things that go on in different places. Was I living with a grad student in Malibu, or was I living with my wife in my house? You could bet that if I were living with a grad student here in South Bend, it would be national news.

"He's doing it in Malibu and it's not national news. What's the difference? I don't understand. Why is it OK for one guy to do things like that, but for me, I'm scrutinized when I swear. I'm sorry for swearing; absolve my sins."

Weis was referring to a 2006 "60 Minutes" profile which showed him swearing and caused a minor stir, but the root of his reference to Carroll's alleged living arrangement was unclear. Carroll is married with three children and a grandchild.

Carroll, contacted by the Los Angeles Times on Saturday night, said: "It's untrue, it's irresponsible and it's incredible he'd be talking about me like that," Carroll said of Weis.

Weis was speaking to five handpicked reporters in South Bend, Ind., at Hannah and Friends, the nonprofit organization founded by Weis and his wife Maura designed to help children and adults with special needs. Hannah is one of Weis' children.

Weis was fired after Notre Dame finished 6-6 this season. He was 35-27 in five seasons, winning just one bowl game during his tenure.

Carroll's USC team finished its regular season Saturday with a 21-17 loss to Arizona. The Trojans were 8-4.

Tim Tebow crying like a 12 yr old because his glorious gators lost a game is one thing, but this ? Are there no real men left in the country anymore ?

( And I'm not siding w/ Pete Carroll here. No idea if it's true or not, but even if, that's not connected w/ the failure of Weis at ND, not even a little bit.)

The dude failed, and he's whining like a fat spoiled little b*tch. Pathetic

So a guy crying because he put in so much work and he lost and Charlie Weis being an idiot = are there no real men left? Maybe don't look to Weis to be the real man in your life. Look more to military leaders, guys like Tim Tebow, etc. There are plenty of men left in this country.

Archived