Behind the scenes at Auburn Arena

RunInRed

Guest tigerman11

Awesome new arena, successful new coach, #6 ranked recruiting class. Now it's up to the fans to show our appreciation by actually showing up and making this place intimidating. No golf claps, no sitting in your seats the whole game, no library atmosphere, no boring people. Get in there and get animated!

Ive got such lasting memories @ Beard Eaves; Barkley,the Person Brothers,Chris Morris's monster dunks, and of course the 2002/2003 team, but the place was a cave. Im fired up to see the new place under the lights, full house and a renewed vigor for basketball on the plains. I know we all live for for Football(I know I do), so Im gonna make it part of my Auburn experience to be more of a part of the basketball resurgence. Thanks for the little tour.

Ive got such lasting memories @ Beard Eaves; Barkley,the Person Brothers,Chris Morris's monster dunks, and of course the 2002/2003 team, but the place was a cave. Im fired up to see the new place under the lights, full house and a renewed vigor for basketball on the plains. I know we all live for for Football(I know I do), so Im gonna make it part of my Auburn experience to be more of a part of the basketball resurgence. Thanks for the little tour.

Welcome to AUN WarDanEagle! Post as often as you can.

War Eagle, WarDanEagle. Nice post!!!

I dont understand why ive heard haters talking about our "downgrade" just cause this place holds less seats than ole' beard eaves. this arena is going to get intense! huge homecourt advantage

I dont understand why ive heard haters talking about our "downgrade" just cause this place holds less seats than ole' beard eaves. this arena is going to get intense! huge homecourt advantage

Welcome to AUF auburnrob! Post often!

I agree, the place is going to be one of the premier atmospheres for college bball in the country. I have my season tickets ordered. Can't wait.

This place is going to be amazing-

Do you know if the sheets of paper on the seats representative of available seats, or sold seats?

The sheets of paper represent the reserved seats in the Scholarship Sections (Sec. 101-104 and the upper deck behind them). You can go to the link below for an up to the minute view of the available seats there. Click on "Auburn Arena Seating Diagram" and then the individual sections. From what I was told on Thurs. (6-24-10) when I went in to select my seats, they have already sold 1,300 Scholarship Seats, up from 700 last year. I don't know if they will do the same thing for the regular TigersUnlimited seating on the other side or not.

LINK

Do you know if the sheets of paper on the seats representative of available seats, or sold seats?

The sheets of paper represent the reserved seats in the Scholarship Sections (Sec. 101-104 and the upper deck behind them). You can go to the link below for an up to the minute view of the available seats there. Click on "Auburn Arena Seating Diagram" and then the individual sections. From what I was told on Thurs. (6-24-10) when I went in to select my seats, they have already sold 1,300 Scholarship Seats, up from 700 last year. I don't know if they will do the same thing for the regular TigersUnlimited seating on the other side or not.

LINK

Do you know when reservations for regular TUF seating begins?

LINK

No I don't. There's a link on AuburnArena.com for a timeline that says July 1 is some sort of deadline for TUF and that's the date order forms will be mailed out. If you like, you can call 334-844-9839 and get the details. That's the number for questions on the seat request form that I picked up in the Arena on A-Day.

LINK

No I don't. There's a link on AuburnArena.com for a timeline that says July 1 is some sort of deadline for TUF and that's the date order forms will be mailed out. If you like, you can call 334-844-9839 and get the details. That's the number for questions on the seat request form that I picked up in the Arena on A-Day.

Yeah, I made my basketball TUF donation back when they first started soliciting for the new arena. Originally, AU communicated they would be sending out invitations to view the arena in May and then in June you would receive an invitation to come for seat selection. However, at some point, it was decided that regular TUF people would not able to select their seats, only the Scholarship donors. Now, supposedly the ticket office will be sending out order forms in July to order your season tickets and then they will decide on your seat location. We'll see...

• 2 weeks later...

The same people that would say this is a downgrade would probably also say the nation is not running a deficit. No quetion its an upgrade. Honestly I remember an athletic department staff member who had about a 3 year old daughter at the time tell me when the discussions first begin well maybe my grandchildren will see a new areana. I never thought in my lifetime AU would actually shell out the cash to do this.

Its awsome and I could this arena without a doubt having a come court advantage. I ALMOST feel bad for Anthony Grant and company when the turds come to town next year.

Guest tigerman11

Its awesome and I could this arena without a doubt having a come court advantage. I ALMOST feel bad for Anthony Grant and company when the turds come to town next year.

How about let's focus on making the arena uncomfortable for EVERY visiting team! If we are to ever move into the nation's elite in all categories, we must move past focusing on just beating Bama. I for one, want to beat Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Florida 100x more than Bama. I would be fine with losing to Bama if we beat those four. Why? Because those four are currently the elite in SEC basketball and being elite should be the goal.

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/50873889001?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=114823937001&playerID=50873889001&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/50873889001?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=114823937001&playerID=50873889001&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

New Auburn Arena nearly finished; teams plan to move in later this month

Evan Woodbery

We just got a tour of the new Auburn Arena this afternoon. I have to admit that it's whetting my appetite for basketball season.

The arena is very small and intimate but absolutely gorgeous. I think it will be a great place to see a game.

* The basketball teams plan to move in later this month. The coaches' offices are unoccupied but nearly finished, while there's still some work to do on the weight room.

* The premium seating is nearly sold out, we're told. And I must say, this would be a great place to see a game for the high rollers. The scholarship club area is spacious, and the suites for the ultra-high-rollers are a great place to pre-game for basketball, football and other sports.

* There are only three entrances to the entire building, unlike the 427 or so at Beard-Eaves. Students enter one place, scholarship donors enter another, and everyone else can go in the main entrance.

* We're told the game-night experience is going to be much improved, including everything from ushers to traffic control.

* The home locker rooms are incredibly nice, with ample space, including a lounge area.

* The visitors' lockers are much more spartan. (But at least they're not painted pink).

* The practice courts are nice. The weight rooms have windows on either side. One side faces the practice courts; the other side faces outdoors.

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2010/07/new_auburn_arena_nearly_finish.html

• 2 weeks later...

New video:

AU Basketball Commercial Shoot Highlights

Check out this video of behind the scenes action at the men's basketball commercial shoot. Enjoy!

Posted by Auburn Tigers on Monday, July 26, 2010

Archived