After Speaking w/ AU Atheletic Dept.

LegalEagle

The NCAA controls the broadcast of the game, not AU or the SEC. He said they could not offer the audio separately from the video. He said it would violate all kinds of NCAA rules! He said there was no technical problem in separating the audio from video, but the NCAA wouldn't let them do that. (Like anyone has asked them!) In the law there is a general rule that if you are entitled to all of something, you are also entitled to parts of it. Apparently that doesn't apply to broadcasts.

Because I have dial-up, I cannot get audio or video.

I mentioned that Gametracker froze in the third inning. At first they knew all about it, but later said they only had a few complaints. They said dial-up couldn't handle GT. He said it worked fine for everyone else. I've used it quite a few times. It lags at times, but has never frozen. Even after 20 minutes, I got back on and it froze on play 25.

It will not be on Sirius.

So, let me know who won! :homer:

Group reply:

Are y'all insinuating I should join the "20th" Century? Moi? :no:

Not so fast my friends.

Then you'd want me to buy one of those "pocket" phones and start textin' and sextin' and on and on and on.

There's nothin' like watchin' the grass grow while awaiting a page to appear on dial-up. Add a sup of whiskey, man, that's life. :cheer:

I'll be watchin' ESPN bottom line for the score!

War Eagle

Archived