SEC TV Schedule for Sept. 25

TigerFreak

AUBURN - The 16th-ranked Auburn football team's game against No. 13 South Carolina in Jordan-Hare Stadium on Sept. 25 will be televised by ESPN. Kickoff is slated for 6:45 p.m. CT.

It will be Auburn's first game against South Carolina since the Tigers earned a 24-17 victory in Columbia in 2006. In South Carolina's last visit to Jordan-Hare Stadium in 2005, Auburn won 48-7.

It will mark Auburn's third straight game to air on ESPN. The Tigers' 17-14 victory at Mississippi State last Thursday was on ESPN, and this Saturday's 6 p.m. contest against Clemson will be on ESPN as well.

Tickets for the game against South Carolina are still available and can be purchased on www.aubtix.com.

Click Here

Mash Here

The Southeastern Conference football television schedule for Sept. 25 has been announced. The weekend slate has three games that match currently ranked (polls as of Sept. 13) teams.

CBS Sports will televise Alabama at Arkansas at 3:30 p.m. ET. The Crimson Tide are the nation’s top ranked team (AP & USA Today) while the Razorbacks are currently ranked 12th in the AP and 13th in the USA Today polls.

ESPN will televise the South Carolina at Auburn game at 7:45 p.m. ET. The Gamecocks are ranked 13th in AP and 16th in USA Today while the Tigers are ranked 16th in AP and 15th in USA Today.

In an ESPN2 game, 21st ranked West Virginia (both polls) visit LSU in a 9 p.m. ET contest. The Tigers are ranked 15th in AP and 12th in USA Today.

In the other SEC game featuring a nationally-ranked team, the Kentucky at Florida tilt will be televised by ESPNU at 7 p.m. ET. The Gators are currently ranked 7th in the USA Today and 10th in AP.

In other games, UAB visits Tennessee at 12:21 p.m. ET on the SEC Network (check local listings for the affiliate in your area), Georgia visits Mississippi State at 7 p.m. ET on FSN and Ole Miss hosts Fresno State at 7:30 p.m. ET on CSS.

The entire Sept. 25 slate of games is listed below:

SEC Network, 12:21 ET, UAB at Tennessee

CBS, 3:30 ET, Alabama at Arkansas

ESPNU, 7:00 ET, Kentucky at Florida

FSN, 7:00 ET, Georgia at Miss. State

CSS, 7:30 ET, Fresno State at Ole Miss

ESPN, 7:45 ET, South Carolina at Auburn

ESPN2, 9:00 ET, West Virginia at LSU

!$#!% Stupid nighttime weddings in Connecticut. Actually - shouldn't be too bad - wedding will be over by 9 CST, since the game is on ESPN, it shouldn't take much convincing of a bartender to switch to the game if the tv isn't already tuned to ESPN.

!$#!% Stupid nighttime weddings in Connecticut. Actually - shouldn't be too bad - wedding will be over by 9 CST, since the game is on ESPN, it shouldn't take much convincing of a bartender to switch to the game if the tv isn't already tuned to ESPN.

Yeah but in Connecticut you will probably be watching the Rutgers vs. North Carolina game. <_<

Or the UCON vs. Buffalo game. :big:

That's interesting CBS chose bama/ark, it's quite possible, AU/USC will be the bigger game -- assuming AU beats Clemson (and if UGA were to beat Ark this weeeknd), it could be the premier game in the country.

Yeah but in Connecticut you will probably be watching the Rutgers vs. North Carolina game. <_<

Or the UCON vs. Buffalo game. :big:

You scared me for a sec with the UCONN/Buffalo game - but luckily that is at noon. I'm not worried about Rutgers/UNC

That's interesting CBS chose bama/ark, it's quite possible, AU/USC will be the bigger game -- assuming AU beats Clemson (and if UGA were to beat Ark this weeeknd), it could be the premier game in the country.

Bama can have any 2:30 game that they want. They can take them all.

Actually it's not. CBS always favors Bama and Florida over the rest of the SEC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Football_on_CBS_results

Even when we've had good years Bama was still on CBS more than we were.

Auburn 2005 CBS games: (1) Alabama

Alabama 2005 CBS games: (7) South Carolina, Florida, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Mississippi State, LSU, Auburn

Auburn 2006 CBS games: (3) LSU, Arkansas, Alabama

Alabama 2006 CBS games: (5) Arkansas, Florida, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Auburn

Auburn 2007 CBS games: (1) Georgia

Alabama 2007 CBS games: (2) Florida State, LSU,

Actually it's not. CBS always favors Bama and Florida over the rest of the SEC.

I'm not sure that's a good thing for Bama and Florida fans, though :) Frankly, my inner ear (and football soul) dies a little inside every time I hear Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson call a game. What they'll do this year with no inane Tebow chatter to fall back on staggers the imagination. They'll probably mention him every two minutes anyway, even during Bama / Arkansas. Hmmmm... drinking game there perhaps.

All that said, I'm hoping the Bama / Arkansas game is a good 'un.

Speaking of weddings on :au: nights, my buddy got married a few years back during an Auburn / LSU game, and I was the best man so I had to be there. I have never let him live that down, or frankly forgiven him. He'd better help me bury a body one of these days :)

Mash Here

The Southeastern Conference football television schedule for Sept. 25 has been announced. The weekend slate has three games that match currently ranked (polls as of Sept. 13) teams.

CBS Sports will televise Alabama at Arkansas at 3:30 p.m. ET. The Crimson Tide are the nation’s top ranked team (AP & USA Today) while the Razorbacks are currently ranked 12th in the AP and 13th in the USA Today polls.

ESPN will televise the South Carolina at Auburn game at 7:45 p.m. ET. The Gamecocks are ranked 13th in AP and 16th in USA Today while the Tigers are ranked 16th in AP and 15th in USA Today.

In an ESPN2 game, 21st ranked West Virginia (both polls) visit LSU in a 9 p.m. ET contest. The Tigers are ranked 15th in AP and 12th in USA Today.

In the other SEC game featuring a nationally-ranked team, the Kentucky at Florida tilt will be televised by ESPNU at 7 p.m. ET. The Gators are currently ranked 7th in the USA Today and 10th in AP.

In other games, UAB visits Tennessee at 12:21 p.m. ET on the SEC Network (check local listings for the affiliate in your area), Georgia visits Mississippi State at 7 p.m. ET on FSN and Ole Miss hosts Fresno State at 7:30 p.m. ET on CSS.

I will be at Jordan-Hare on 9-25 (Good Lord willing) but I’m curious how things will go in Baton Rouge. With the reputations of both fan bases and a late kickoff in Death Valley I bet it will be interesting.

Mash Here

I will be at Jordan-Hare on 9-25 (Good Lord willing) but I’m curious how things will go in Baton Rouge. With the reputations of both fan bases and a late kickoff in Death Valley I bet it will be interesting.

I'm gonna guess there willl be a minimum of 50 fights in and around the stadium between those two hillbilly fanbases. :corndog:

Archived