The Heisman pose

ziggyg

Will Cam give ESPN the heisman stiff arm and not show up at the presentation after all the crap they have thrown around and stirred up? im sure the last thing we would see is Cams parents there.

Do me wrong over and over there comes a time i stand up for myself. this would be a nice silent way to stand up for yourself and totally screw there whole show up.

the hour long highlight show comes to and end in the last 5 minutes with and the heisman goes to cam newton Auburn university. im sure Mr. newton is watching somewhere in Auburn with teammates celebrating. yall have a good night.

In the age of us complaining about class or lack thereof(on Bama's part), don't you think this would be perceived pretty poorly by...just about everyone?

Would be a bad decision, in my opinion.

Tacky and irreverent, but justifiable for a bunch of young men who have has their team integrity questioned by dillweeds.

In the age of us complaining about class or lack thereof(on Bama's part), don't you think this would be perceived pretty poorly by...just about everyone?

Would be a bad decision, in my opinion.

Tacky and irreverent, but justifiable for a bunch of young men who have has their team integrity questioned by dillweeds.

I can't disagree with that.

Just trying to see both sides of it.

SMB, I agree the on field display would be a bit over the top...but a boycott of the Heisman ceremony would be the loudest message ever sent to the voters and committee...without a sound being made.

IMHO - I think AFTER the bowl games Cam should sit down with ESPN, yes ESPN, and have a sit down interview. My thinking is that once they see the character of this kid I believe only then will they truly understand how incredible of a person he really is. Don't shot me. Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

IMHO - I think AFTER the bowl games Cam should sit down with ESPN, yes ESPN, and have a sit down interview. My thinking is that once they see the character of this kid I believe only then will they truly understand how incredible of a person he really is. Don't shot me. Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

ESPN has no interest in portraying Auburn or Cam Newton in a positive light. They are just pigs at the trough.

ESPN has no interest in portraying Auburn or Cam Newton in a positive light. They are just pigs at the trough.

Yep.

If Cam is going to sit down with anyone, it needs to be with someone from Opelika or Montgomery news organizations.

Plus, that'd be nice thumbing of the nose to BSPN, CB$, and Fox$ports.

I don't think it's Cam's style, Gene Chizik's style, or Auburn University's style to "stick it to" anyone other than on the field in the course of play. I certainly hope not!

...not a fan of petty demonstrations, saying "nyah-nyah-nyah", or taunting others--that's more Bammer (Rammer Jammer) style, IMHO. Let's make our point by winning Saturday, winning the Heisman, and winning in Glendale!

After all of his Td's he hasn't struck a Heisman pose yet has he?

He's inadvertently struck a perfect Heisman pose in the middle of a run.

There's a picture floating around here, maybe someone can post it?

Edit: this is the closest I can find, but I know there's a better one out there:

Cam-Newton-Suspended.jpg

Archived