FSU vs. S. Carolina - Chik-fil-A Bowl

01/01 Bama vs. Michigan St - Capital One Bowl

Mississippi St vs. Michigan - Gator Bowl

Florida vs. Penn St - Outback Bowl

01/04 Ohio St. vs. Arkansas - Sugar Bowl

01/07 LSu vs. Texas A&M - Cotton Bowl

01/08 Pitt vs. UK - BBVA Compass Bowl

01/10 Oregon vs. AUBURN

Some interesting matchups, especially those New Years Day bowl games.

Seems like USC got screwed in their pick. They were penalized bigtime for losing to us twice, and I don't think that's fair. Id pick them over a lot of teams in the country, especially if Garcia doesnt get rattled. For that matter, I'd say USC, LSU, and uat are better than most teams that got BCS invites.

Seems like USC got screwed in their pick. They were penalized bigtime for losing to us twice, and I don't think that's fair. Id pick them over a lot of teams in the country, especially if Garcia doesnt get rattled. For that matter, I'd say USC, LSU, and uat are better than most teams that got BCS invites.

No doubt..... cough cough UConn cough cough

Outside of our own game, I'm highly interested in that OSU/Arky game.

Agreed, I think OSU goes 0 for 10 against the SEC!!!

Arky beats 'em...38-35

Bama Mich St will be a good game I think, not to mention that the LSU A&M game should be entertaining also. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

A great bowl season coming up! War Eagle!!! :au:

So going by conference ranking.

12/30 UNC v. UT - Music City Bowl Tied 7 ACC vs. 9 SEC

12/31 UGA v. UCF - Liberty Bowl Tied 8 SEC vs. 1 CUSA

FSU vs. S. Carolina - Chik-fil-A Bowl 2 ACC vs. 5 SEC

01/01 Bama vs. Michigan St - Capital One Bowl 4 SEC vs. 3 B10

Mississippi St vs. Michigan - Gator Bowl 6 SEC vs. Tied 7 B10

Florida vs. Penn St - Outback Bowl 7 SEC vs. Tied 4 B10

01/04 Ohio St. vs. Arkansas - Sugar Bowl 2 B10 vs. 2 SEC

01/07 LSu vs. Texas A&M - Cotton Bowl 3 SEC vs. 3 B12

01/08 Pitt vs. UK - BBVA Compass Bowl 3 BE vs. 10 SEC

01/10 Oregon vs. AUBURN 1 P10 vs. 1 SEC

... VT... OSU... TCU...

I wanted to see LSUs secondary against Stanfords offense, but I guess Arkansas pretty much showed me what would happen. A&M is a good matchup though. It wouldn't surprise me to see LSU drop this one.

12/30 UNC v. UT - Music City Bowl

12/31 UGA v. UCF - Liberty Bowl

FSU vs. S. Carolina - Chik-fil-A Bowl

01/01 Bama vs. Michigan St - Capital One Bowl

Mississippi St vs. Michigan - Gator Bowl

Florida vs. Penn St - Outback Bowl

01/04 Ohio St. vs. Arkansas - Sugar Bowl

01/07 LSu vs. Texas A&M - Cotton Bowl

01/08 Pitt vs. UK - BBVA Compass Bowl

01/10 Oregon vs. AUBURN

Curious fact: Five of those match-ups feature first-time meetings.

Auburn vs. Oregon

Kentucky vs. Pitt

Arkansas vs. Ohio State

Mississippi State vs. Michigan

Alabama vs. Michigan State

... VT... OSU... TCU...

I wanted to see LSUs secondary against Stanfords offense, but I guess Arkansas pretty much showed me what would happen. A&M is a good matchup though. It wouldn't surprise me to see LSU drop this one.

At least VT won out their games then a conference championship.

Lots of good match ups. The Pac-10's schedule is kind of weak.

Oregon/Auburn

Oklahoma State/Arizona

Nebraska/Washington (a rematch of a 56-21 game in Husky Stadium earlier this year)

Stanford/Virginia Tech

Arizona could beat Oklahoma State if they bring their A-Game but I'd bet against them. I see 2-2, at best. Stanford's the only slam dunk win.

Oregon/Auburn

Oklahoma State/Arizona

Nebraska/Washington (a rematch of a 56-21 game in Husky Stadium earlier this year)

Stanford/Virginia Tech

Arizona could beat Oklahoma State if they bring their A-Game but I'd bet against them. I see 2-2, at best. Stanford's the only slam dunk win.

Sorry buddy, but no way is Stanford a slam dunk to beat Va Tech. If your beloved Ducks fail, the Pac-10 may end up 0-4....

Oregon/Auburn

Oklahoma State/Arizona

Stanford/Virginia Tech

Sorry buddy, but no way is Stanford a slam dunk to beat Va Tech. If your beloved Ducks fail, the Pac-10 may end up 0-4....

I don't see Virginia Tech, a team that lost to at home to a 6-5 FCS School and then "redeemed itself" by winning the ACC... beating a Stanford team who unloaded on everybody but Oregon and is probably one of the hottest teams in the country. VT isn't going to know what hit them.

Oregon/Auburn

Oklahoma State/Arizona

Stanford/Virginia Tech

I don't see Virginia Tech, a team that lost to at home to a 6-5 FCS School and then "redeemed itself" by winning the ACC... beating a Stanford team who unloaded on everybody but Oregon and is probably one of the hottest teams in the country. VT isn't going to know what hit them.

You're still just sunshine pumping for your conference. The ACC still put 9 teams in bowl games this year compared to 4 from the Pac-10. Ok, yeah USC had enough wins to be bowl eligible, that makes 5 "worthy teams." Many think that VT is one of the hottest teams in the country. I just don't see it as the slam dunk you're talkin about, especially considering it's basically going to be a home game for VT.

Oregon/Auburn

Oklahoma State/Arizona

Stanford/Virginia Tech

You're still just sunshine pumping for your conference. The ACC still put 9 teams in bowl games this year compared to 4 from the Pac-10. Ok, yeah USC had enough wins to be bowl eligible, that makes 5 "worthy teams." Many think that VT is one of the hottest teams in the country. I just don't see it as the slam dunk you're talkin about, especially considering it's basically going to be a home game for VT.

The ACC also played one less conference game per team and 14 FCS schools compared to the Pac-10 who played just 5. That's a lot of wins that the ACC picked up pretty easily. Add 9 FCS schools to the Pac 10's schedule and deduct 9 conference games... and you probably have 3 more Bowl teams from the Pac-10.

Of course... beating FCS schools in a home game isn't a given... the Hokies could attest to that. :poke:

The ACC also played one less conference game per team and 14 FCS schools compared to the Pac-10 who played just 5. That's a lot of wins that the ACC picked up pretty easily. Add 9 FCS schools to the Pac 10's schedule and deduct 9 conference games... and you probably have 3 more Bowl teams from the Pac-10.

Of course... beating FCS schools in a home game isn't a given... the Hokies could attest to that. :poke:

You of all people should know how tough it is to focus on the next game after getting beat by Boise. :poke:

Must be a mental deal. Still I admit that no one has ammunition for VT after falling to an FCS school at home. :lol:

You of all people should know how tough it is to focus on the next game after getting beat by Boise. :poke:

I dunno, most years I would pick VT over Stanford easily, but this year, I'm feeling Stanford. Tyrod Taylor is not all he's hyped up to be and Andrew Luck definitely is.

Oregon had no problems in the weeks after it's loss to Boise. Beating Purdue, snapping the (at the time) longest win streak in the country against Utah and dominating Cal, UW, WSU, UCLA and USC before finally dropping another game.

Which is pretty remarkable considering VT didn't have 1/100 the issues Oregon did in the wake of their respective BSU losses.

Oregon had no problems in the weeks after it's loss to Boise. Beating Purdue, snapping the (at the time) longest win streak in the country against Utah and dominating Cal, UW, WSU, UCLA and USC before finally dropping another game.

Which is pretty remarkable considering VT didn't have 1/100 the issues Oregon did in the wake of their respective BSU losses.

:lol: After seeing your initial reaction, I'm glad you got that I was referring to the almost loss to the 5-7 Purdue team in Eugene after the loss to Boise in 2009. I'm guessing the experience of losing to Boise in 2008 helped you guys rebound.

:lol: After seeing your initial reaction, I'm glad you got that I was referring to the almost loss to the 5-7 Purdue team in Eugene after the loss to Boise in 2009. I'm guessing the experience of losing to Boise in 2008 helped you guys rebound.

Yeah, I didn't pick up on it initially. I was at that Purdue game, it was a little scary but they also ended up beating Ohio State that year and we did still win.

That loss to James Madison was unforgivable in my book. Plus I actually have watched a few VT games (watched the ACC CG and their game against NCSU) and I just don't think they have the guns to slow down Andrew Luck & company. They just don't pass the eye ball test in my opinion.

If I were king for a day, I'd have UConn and Stanford switch bowls... actually, I wouldn't have UConn in the BCS period but that's a different story.

Archived