Cyrus Kouandjio

RunInRed

Bryan Matthews of AuburnUndercover.com is reporting...

Nation's No. 2 prospect to visit Auburn ... http://bit.ly/fZgmgx (premium content)

@BMatt247

7_2396.jpg

Cyrus Kouandjio, OT

Hyattsville, MD

6'7 / 315 / 5.0

Offers (18+):

Alabama, Auburn, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Maryland, New Mexico, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Virginia and Virginia Tech, among others.

Rankings:

Rivals: 5-star, No. 1 rated OT, No. 1 in the state of Maryland, No. 4 overall prospect in the country (Rivals100 member)

247Sports: 5-star, No. 1 rated OT, No. 1 in the state of Maryland, No. 2 overall prospect in the country (The247 member)

Scout: 5-star, No 1 rated OT

Kouandjio has an incredible wing-span and frame. Not many kids can walk around at 280-plus pounds and look skinny, once he fills out his frame the sky is the limit. Kouandjio plays the game with a mean streak and he finishes blocks. He is a dominant run blocker and is outstanding in pass protection. Shows outstanding feet while playing in space he can stop big run stuffers or speed rushers.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=4279719

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like they put his cell # on that highlight video. bet he has gotten a lot of random calls/texts because of that.

looks like they put his cell # on that highlight video. bet he has gotten a lot of random calls/texts because of that.

I believe the contact information is for his head coach.

This will cause a giant meltdown if Auburn can pull off this coup.

I've been assured that the NCAA has informed Auburn that if they sign Cyrus, the hammer's coming because then they'll know we're paying people. Honest to bammer.

I don't understand your your reply. LSU has 3 five stars....so are they dropping the hammer on them as well. Auburn fans shouldn't be suprised if they finish strong possibly 1 or 2 more five stars because they have no depth. They are promising these kids premier playing time and they will get it. What high school kid would decline to come play for the defending National Champs and get playing time the very next year.

I don't understand your your reply. LSU has 3 five stars....so are they dropping the hammer on them as well. Auburn fans shouldn't be suprised if they finish strong possibly 1 or 2 more five stars because they have no depth. They are promising these kids premier playing time and they will get it. What high school kid would decline to come play for the defending National Champs and get playing time the very next year.

It's called :drippingsarcasm7pa:

facepalm.jpg

Cyrus K was on campus this weekend. Goldberg provides us with a recap...

No. 1 offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio leaves Auburn undecided

By Charles Goldberg/Auburn Bureau

The consensus No. 1 offensive tackle prospect in college recruiting left Auburn on Sunday without saying where he'll go to school.

Cyrus Kouandjio says he'll decide by Tuesday night and sign on the dotted Wednesday.

Auburn is trying to convince the lean 6-foot-7, 285-pounder from Hyattsville, Md., to join offensive line commitments that already feature the No. 1 guard and the No. 1 center in the country, at least according to Scout.

Auburn is trying to build its offensive line, especially since it losing four senior starters from its national championship team.

"There's a big opportunity for me coming in and get some significant playing time freshman year," Kouandjio said. "A lot of the O-line is leaving," he said. It leaves a big opportunity for me is basically what they said."

Kouandjio's brother, Arie, plays at Alabama.

"It doesn't mean anything to me, really. He's not mad.We never talk about recruiting," Cyrus said Sunday.

Kouandjio said he'd talk over his prospects with his family. He's considering Auburn, Alabama, Iowa, Southern California and New Mexico, but he's says he has written them down in any kind of order.

"It's all in my head," he said.

Kouandjio said he was impressed that offensive line coach Jeff Grimes stuck with Auburn when he had other job opportunities after the season.

"That means they're pretty stable," Kouandjio.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/01/no_1_offensive_tackle_cyrus_ko.html

JGT...

Kouandjio-300x287.jpg

Cyrus Kouandjio, an offensive tackle from Maryland, has left the building. He is a tall guy and very lean. He’s very fit. That means he’s built like Chris Bosh rather than Lee Ziemba. His brother Arie plays at Alabama, but Kouandjio insists that will have no effect on his decision. “It doesn’t mean anything to me, really. He’s not mad. We never talk about recruiting — ever.”

Kouandjio said he’ll sit down this weekend and make a decision about which program best fits his desires. Kouandjio said it’s all about the “gut feeling,” but offered no insight into what his gut is telling him right now. His finalists are Auburn, Alabama, Iowa and New Mexico. Kouandjio stands 6-foot-7 and weighs approximately 290 pounds. He is the nation’s No. 1 prospect at offensive tackle.

http://madvertiserblogs.com/HABOTN/2011/01/30/sunday-recruiting-were-live/

Longshot at best. It would cap off an incredible OL haul, however.

It isn't as much of a longshot as you may think. Cyrus is fairly high on Auburn in spite of the fact we were a late entry into his race. Something was intriguing enough to get him into Auburn during the last weekend before signing day.

I just don't see him pulling a Petey Smith on us.

I could be wrong, though. First time for everything and all, ya know...

But,,,,,,

Bama has most of their starters coming back and a load of underclassmen & redshirts as well. AU is losing all but one starter and there aren't that many OL's in the system. So if early playing time is high on his list AU would be a better fit.

I've been assured that the NCAA has informed Auburn that if they sign Cyrus, the hammer's coming because then they'll know we're paying people. Honest to bammer.

Who assured you? Your grandma

Step away from the key board. You're too tense to post. :rolleyes:

your right, I apologize had one of those days

your right, I apologize had one of those days

All is forgiven, Grasshopper.

Bryan reporting that it's down to auburn and the rednecks.

Well my vote goes to Auburn.

Wish that's all it took. Maybe Calloway's foster dad can force him to go to SPUAT.

Archived