Cyrus Kouandjio

RunInRed

It was actually a fairly informative article. Skewed and biased at the beginning, but the quotes from Cyrus' father were new to me. I haven't seen them reported elsewhere.

I'll say here the same thing I told my dad last night. If the family has a serious meeting with the staff or actually visits Auburn before making the visit, he'll sign with us. If they just huddle up and make the decision as it stands right now, he'll go to Bama. I don't think there is ANY CHANCE his family visits Auburn or talks with the staff and comes away with real concerns. The only question, then, is how much information they will gather before the decision is made.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope Cyrus makes a decision today... after tonight I will be trapped in a hospital with no internet until probably Monday....

:bounce:

Hope Cyrus makes a decision today... after tonight I will be trapped in a hospital with no internet until probably Monday....

You speak as though being trapped without internet is a bad thing. I'm thinking about checking myself in for a few days of rest....

They are saying on Jox that Cyrus is coming on to Auburn..hearing rumors that he might decide today at 11:00???

You speak as though being trapped without internet is a bad thing. I'm thinking about checking myself in for a few days of rest....

:roflol:

Trust me, Cyrus will be the farthest thing from my mind tomorrow morning. My wife is having a medically necessary C-section to deliver our first child.

Trust me, Cyrus will be the farthest thing from my mind tomorrow morning. My wife is having a medically necessary C-section to deliver our first child.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Boy or Girl??

It's a girl :cheer:

Congrats..that's AUsome!!! Good luck wish you the best. My baby girl will be 7 in 6 days..it goes ssoo fast!!

My wife had to have a C-section to deliver our child as well and everything went great, hope all goes smoothly for y'all as well. It's actually very interesting to watch if you like medical stuff. After the baby was born I peeked around the curtain to see that my wife's uterus laying on her stomach. Apparently it's easier to sew up that way.

Congrats..that's AUsome!!! Good luck wish you the best. My baby girl will be 7 in 6 days..it goes ssoo fast!!

Congrats! If he signs, you should name her Kouandjio.

They are saying on Jox that Cyrus is coming on to Auburn..hearing rumors that he might decide today at 11:00???

"Coming on to Auburn" as in - for another visit, or signing?

Congrats! If he signs, you should name her Kouandjio.

:lol:

At Christmas, my dad suggested "Camantha"

You should have warned me that the link is to TurdSports. I have to get a new computer now.

You should know by now to put your cursor on it and look in your browser window at the bottom left and see where the link points to prior to clicking. :lol: It's what I do. I learned that years ago, because I never want to ever visit a uat site of any kind. I really don't care what they say or think. I hate those butt ugly colors they use. I wouldn't want to risk getting my machines infected with a virus or something. If a machine is going to get infected, its likely to happen at a website from the most corrupt program in college athletic history, so I avoid uat sites like the plague they are.

Apologies to all for not issuing a warning ;)

Wishful thinking, or just dreaming of ways to throw fuel on the flames in T-Town:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if it came out that there WAS a family vote, and the family voted unanimously that Cyrus should follow his heart to Auburn! :lol:

Cyrus Kouandijo remains undecided

By Jamie Newberg

ESPN.com

The relationship between Auburn and five-star offensive lineman Cyrus Kouandijo of Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha, left up in the air on National Signing Day, remained that way on Thursday.

After announcing Wednesday morning on national television he was heading to Auburn, Kouandijo -- the No. 3 player in the ESPNU 150 -- never signed his national letter of intent and remained undecided between Auburn, Alabama and New Mexico.

Thursday, questions outnumbered answers. Kouandijo returned to school Thursday, and DeMatha coach Bill McGregor said his star lineman is still trying to figure things out.

"He talked with Auburn twice," McGregor said. "He talked once around noon and again at 2:20 (p.m. ET). I don't think he has spoken with anyone else. I do know that it sounds like it will be Auburn or Alabama. I wish I knew what was really bothering him, but that's what I know.

"I don't know his timetable. He's just trying to figure it out in his mind. It will be sooner rather than later, but I don't know when sooner is."

McGregor said he's replayed the events from Wednesday over and over in his head, and he's still not sure what exactly happened.

"I shook his hand and told him congratulations," McGregor said. "I was very happy for him. Then about an hour later Cyrus told me he was not happy with his decision and I asked him 'What was going on?' He wasn't sure. He said he needed time to think about it and wanted to wait. That was the last thing I expected."

McGregor said he went back and watched the Kouandijo's announcement and immediately could tell from the tape that something was wrong with his 6-7, 325-pound offensive tackle.

"I looked at the footage and I noticed he was very uncomfortable," McGregor said. "I understand that this was ESPN and the cameras and in front of a lot of people. But there was something else, because he never smiled or looked happy. I just didn't see any joy in his face. Where was the big smile of his?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6087874

Cyrus Kouandijo remains undecided

By Jamie Newberg

ESPN.com

The relationship between Auburn and five-star offensive lineman Cyrus Kouandijo of Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha, left up in the air on National Signing Day, remained that way on Thursday.

After announcing Wednesday morning on national television he was heading to Auburn, Kouandijo -- the No. 3 player in the ESPNU 150 -- never signed his national letter of intent and remained undecided between Auburn, Alabama and New Mexico.

Thursday, questions outnumbered answers. Kouandijo returned to school Thursday, and DeMatha coach Bill McGregor said his star lineman is still trying to figure things out.

"He talked with Auburn twice," McGregor said. "He talked once around noon and again at 2:20 (p.m. ET). I don't think he has spoken with anyone else. I do know that it sounds like it will be Auburn or Alabama. I wish I knew what was really bothering him, but that's what I know.

"I don't know his timetable. He's just trying to figure it out in his mind. It will be sooner rather than later, but I don't know when sooner is."

McGregor said he's replayed the events from Wednesday over and over in his head, and he's still not sure what exactly happened.

"I shook his hand and told him congratulations," McGregor said. "I was very happy for him. Then about an hour later Cyrus told me he was not happy with his decision and I asked him 'What was going on?' He wasn't sure. He said he needed time to think about it and wanted to wait. That was the last thing I expected."

McGregor said he went back and watched the Kouandijo's announcement and immediately could tell from the tape that something was wrong with his 6-7, 325-pound offensive tackle.

"I looked at the footage and I noticed he was very uncomfortable," McGregor said. "I understand that this was ESPN and the cameras and in front of a lot of people. But there was something else, because he never smiled or looked happy. I just didn't see any joy in his face. Where was the big smile of his?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6087874

that smile was in fear that once he made the decision he has to worry about the anti christ taking a scholly away from his brother

If I were his friend, I would tell Cyrus to take his own sweet time. He should announce that he will think about it for a month, including spending time at each place. AU, UA and any other school will wait for him. Why should he hurry? Yes, I want him to decide that AU is best for him. I can make the arguments. He deserves some space and some patience. I bet that is what our coaches are telling him. That is what he should do.

WDE! (But not at the cost of making this young man miserable)

Bob in Winter Haven, FL

Looks like this may be coming to an end...

Cyrus will decide between Alabama/Auburn. Iowa is not in the mix. Final decision expected tomorrow.

@kristenkenney

Yeah, but per usual, the information is coming from a Kristen Kenney. Doesn't she work on the Alabama site?

Looks like this may be coming to an end...

Cyrus will decide between Alabama/Auburn. Iowa is not in the mix. Final decision expected tomorrow.

@kristenkenney

Yeah, but per usual, the information is coming from a Kristen Kenney. Doesn't she work on the Alabama site?

Scout I believe.

Speaking of ethics --

Your boy Saban is more than pissed about the "negative" recruiting of Trooper Taylor. When I say "more than pissed", I mean... "fired the fudge up."

It's the first rule of recruiting at Alabama that ZERO negative statements are made about another school or anyone associated with another program. If you do, you're fired. There's zero tolerance for that under CNS. At other places, well...

Link or STFU.

I don't have a link. There isn't one. This was told to me by a family member of a current Alabama player.

As for any sanctimonious bull*hit, 'Mike, I can attest to that not being the case. I've been inside Coach Saban's office on multiple recruiting visits and his 100% pro-Alabama spill contains zero negativity toward any other program, player, or coach. In fact, the only time he ever utters the word "Auburn" is when he's discussing the, in his words, "great programs in the nation" -- saying something along the lines of, "Now, I know you have offers from a ton of great programs -- USC, LSU, Texas, Auburn, Florida -- and we feel that you're a talented player that we'd love to have. But the fact of the matter is that we're going to win with you or without you." That's the extent of it.

I think you're a good guy and enjoy the banter with you, Titan. But don't tell me to STFU.

Archived