AU/TN

ShocksMyBrain

37-24 at the half. They're eating us up on the inside.

They're out rebounding us 21-7. I'm thinking of those 7 rebounds, 1 may be offensive.

Maybe they can turn it around in the 2nd half, but I won't hold my breath.

I don't even know what the deal with Chubb is. He forgot his shoes for the USCe game( :blink: ), and now he's suspended? Does the basketball team not have equipment managers to take care of that stuff?

It is now time to officially give up on basketball.

Do with the arena what should be done..... Turn it into a concert venue for east alabama. Bring in top notch shows and then the university and the comunity can actually get something out of it.

Our basketball program will never, has never been relevant for more than one year at a time and we put 92mil into a new arena that will never see a winner in it.

A sad sad state of events at the new BEMC.

It is now time to officially give up on basketball.

Do with the arena what should be done..... Turn it into a concert venue for east alabama. Bring in top notch shows and then the university and the comunity can actually get something out of it.

Our basketball program will never, has never been relevant for more than one year at a time and we put 92mil into a new arena that will never see a winner in it.

A sad sad state of events at the new BEMC.

So I guess if it was up to you, you would just kill off the basketball program?

And you think "top notch" bands would actually play in Auburn when they could just skip over to Atlanta or Birmingham?

To each their own, but with the new coach and young players and brand new facilities...we might see some improvement in the program.

What have they ever done that made it worth 92 million in spending. Me and thousands of AU fans and alumni are dealing with some of the worst financial times we have ever seen or will see...... But AU had 92mil to waste on a team or better yet sport that has brought.....NOTHING to the table.

Coach Champi provided the most excietment that we could ever have seen in the sport of basketball. And at that time womens basketball could not have been more irrelevant.

But reality creeps in..... NO. I wouldn't shut down basketball but tell me when can I get pumped for it???

Bad loss for both men and women tonight..... Nells broken bells got HAMMMERDDDDD TONIGHT!!!!!! Beat by 31 come on!!!

THAT's the true spirit of college sports, keep the ones that win and/or make $ and get rid of the rest. Let me guess your personal level of athletic participation Rob...

as a student, I'm a little aggravated at talk of doing away the teams and turning the new arena (which has never been renamed to BEMC) into a concert venue. Tony Barbee is quality. He's a good coach and he has some recruits heading our way. We didn't ask Gene Chizik to take us to the BCS Champ on his first year, why would we expect Barbee to do the same? Look at the roster. Not one senior. Give it time. This is my 5th academic year in school (Grad work included) and I have supported every team we have fielded. Maybe if some alumni and fans showed up in the general admission seats the team would have something to pump them up. Students did their part.

canuck- why question something that you couldn't possibly know. I was an athlete and have the scars and aches and pains of an abused body.

Tongue in cheek gets lost on this board.

however..... CTB may very well get us back. If he does then he has proven me wrong and I will be the happiest fan on the planet.

And x14 I am happy that you have been there to support the team the last five years. I have also supported the team fot the last 5 years and the 30 before that. And fans have an impact I will not argue that... But no amount of fan support can overcome a violent lack of talent. And ur students do their part is bogus. There are over 20thousand students. The arena holds 9000. If the students loved watching this team so much the arena would be PACKED!!!!

But again. My coment was 99% tongue in cheek and the other 1% is done watching us be the worst team in the SEC and this seasons THE NATION.

canuck- why question something that you couldn't possibly know. I was an athlete and have the scars and aches and pains of an abused body.

Tongue in cheek gets lost on this board.

however..... CTB may very well get us back. If he does then he has proven me wrong and I will be the happiest fan on the planet.

And x14 I am happy that you have been there to support the team the last five years. I have also supported the team fot the last 5 years and the 30 before that. And fans have an impact I will not argue that... But no amount of fan support can overcome a violent lack of talent. And ur students do their part is bogus. There are over 20thousand students. The arena holds 9000. If the students loved watching this team so much the arena would be PACKED!!!!

But again. My coment was 99% tongue in cheek and the other 1% is done watching us be the worst team in the SEC and this seasons THE NATION.

Next home game check it,

Students get the blue risers surrounding 3 sides of the court. The empty section with the paddy comfy chairs with a few grey haired folks here and there is the scholarship donors. Students were standing in the aisles at this game. How do I know, well I was there rooting on my 8-13 Auburn Tigers because the name on the front of their jerseys is my name too.

Archived