Auburn Baseball

I think we play Tha Turds in Montgomery on Tues, 3/15 in a "non-conference" game. The schedule shows TV. I think it starts at 7 PM. Does anyone know where to look on TV for it? (Please don't say "the front of the TV.")

Also, I watched part of a college game a week or so ago, and the new bats just made a thud sound. Later I was flipping channels and happened upon a Miami game. I turned the volume up and told my wife to listen to the new bats - they "plinked" like the old ones? Was this a last year's game I was watching, or do the new bats sound different depending on the manufacturer?

I believe it will be on CSS, don't hold me to that though.

Yep, I verified that. Thanks.

It will also be broadcast on wsfa.com or wsfatv.com whichever is the right addy.

What about the sound the bats make?

I'll be there tonight, looking forward to it! It apparently sold out (except for GA lawn seating).

As for the sound of the bats, I have no clue. I haven't really paid attention to that.

Well pitched 9th by AU (nasty, nasty deuce to get the 2nd out of the inning on a K looking) and AU wins 2-1.

:thumbsup:

Was a relatively boring game, but I did love the atmosphere! And there were some great plays on both sides, as well as several sketchy calls on both sides, but it was clear we were the better team tonight.

Funniest part was a contest between Auburn and Bama fans where they made us sing the school fight song. "War Eagle" could be heard pretty clearly and most fans seemed to join in. Then Bama's started and like, five people sang it. :roflol: :roflol:

Was a relatively boring game, but I did love the atmosphere! And there were some great plays on both sides, as well as several sketchy calls on both sides, but it was clear we were the better team tonight.

Funniest part was a contest between Auburn and Bama fans where they made us sing the school fight song. "War Eagle" could be heard pretty clearly and most fans seemed to join in. Then Bama's started and like, five people sang it. :roflol: :roflol:

I did not know they had a fight song. Apparently "tha turds" (spoken like "tha bears") fans didn't know either!!1 :P

Eh, to each his own. I'm a pitchers duel kind of guy so I thought it was fun to watch. Both team have some good pitchers and of course the new bats have an effect but it gave the defenses some chances to make big plays, which they did. It also looks like the strike zone is a mite bigger this year as well.

Oh and on the fight song thing. I have asked a few bammers to sing or say the words to the fight song but most of them stop after the first line and say, "Well, we gots us thirteen nashinal champinships, who cares about some dumb song?"

Oh and on the fight song thing. I have asked a few bammers to sing or say the words to the fight song but most of them stop after the first line and say, "Well, we gots us thirteen nashinal champinships, who cares about some dumb song?"

+1

The only Amabammer fans I know personally that know the words actually attended school there...imagine that. :o

The only Amabammer fans I know personally that know the words actually attended school there...imagine that. :o

Very few of the grads I know can sing it either but they can sing War Eagle.

Eh, to each his own. I'm a pitchers duel kind of guy so I thought it was fun to watch. Both team have some good pitchers and of course the new bats have an effect but it gave the defenses some chances to make big plays, which they did. It also looks like the strike zone is a mite bigger this year as well.

Never been much of a pitcher's duel fan. That's really my only problem with baseball, I feel like it is way too much of a pitcher's game. I like to see people make hits and see the defense/offense try to beat each other quicklly rather than watching strikeouts and walks most of the game.

Archived