When will AU be back in the NCAA's?

AUgrad00

Anyone wanna take a bet? Im sick as hell of Auburn not playing in March. I hope Barbee can turn this thing around quickly. I know the football team winning it all is great but it does not make me feel any better about the fact Auburn basketball has not made the tourney in 8 long years. Pathetic.

Hard to say. All it takes is 2-3 good recruits. Just ask Kentucky, they rotate players every year.

Like any team, AU's post season prospects comes down to this basic question: Can Barbee be successful in recruiting?

Get them in school / keep them on campus. Yes, good points. I really think with a couple of players or three, he can really make some noise. Let's hope so.

He's going to sign one more, maybe two more this year. I expect Auburn to be in the tournament next year, it's not that much of a leap. The role players are there already, the transfers and Sullivan that were seen on the bench this year will be on the floor. One quality post player and we're in.

My best guess would be not this coming season but the next. I would expect a trip to the postseason (NIT) this coming year though.

But if the new players come in and gel quickly, it could be a bid to the NCAAs. I just don't think that should be expected in year two.

I'm with Titan, but looking at those that have signed LOIs, I'm not so impressed. The kid from Memphis is probably good, that city turns out some good ball players. The other two are from the same high school and one is not even a nationally ranked player. I like Barbee's coaching style & philosophy, but AU has to get some big men. 6'9", 215# and 6'8", 190#, is just not going to cut it. I sure hope they can bulk them up and they are productive.

I think NIT is more likely this next year, but with 2 recruiting classes I sure would think we should be looking at making the NCAA tourney. Biggest key is getting a good recruit here and keeping them. Seems that has been an issue for the past several years.

With the bubble being soft and the entire bracket itself being weak, Lebo's team from a couple of years ago that got shafted would have made the tourney this year.

Barbee can recruit he just has to get them on campus and keep em on the roster.

And you have to be able to get QUALITY recruits. I told Sonny Smith one time during one of his off years that I could go ride around Birmingham sandlots and pick up sever player who could beat him. He agree but added how was I going to get them in school. I laughed and said I didn't have to because we were only to play a one game exhibition. :lol:

Seriously, it's just hard to understand with our facility and what Auburn has to offer, why we can't put a team on the court that is better then 68th in the country.

I don't keep up with recruiting, I generally tune in to see how the pre-season is shaping up and make a determination on whether the rest of the season is worth following. Its been a while since I've watched a game in January...I'm ready for something to get excited about.

It's hard to say when Auburn will make it back to the NCAA Tournament because we've had bad luck with injuries the last couple of years.

Football will always be number 1 at Auburn but we've been so bad in basketball that basketball isn't even the number 2 sport at Auburn anymore, baseball is the number 2 sport now. The baseball team made it back to the NCAA Tournament before the basketball team did.

Auburn played well at the end of the season this year. I see getting to the NIT next year with a good chance of making the NCAA.

Archived