Football Season Tickets

RunInRed

Do you plan to buy 2011 season tickets?

Home games (7): Utah State, Miss. State, Florida Atlantic, Florida, Ole Miss, Samford, Alabama

(complete schedule here)

This is a good article detailing costs, key dates, etc...

http://www.seasonticketzone.com/2011/04/2011-auburn-tigers-football-season.html

jordanHare-2010.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow! Were face value prices this high last year? $70 for MSU and Ole Miss, $80 for UF and uat!!! $50 for non-conference games!!!

Is this the other cost of winning the NC? They know the demand is going up so the price goes up?

Inflation. Nobody mentions it, but everything is going up in price. As long as demand is there, the price will stay there too.

i buy my tickets from scalpers

How did that work out for you at the NCG last year?

It's amazing that we have 1 less home game this season than last year and yet the tickets are more expensive but I love my seats and don't want to lose them so I have to pay the price.

I also highly doubt demand and inflation is the reason as well. TUF and Auburn did not sell out of season tickets last year but maybe they will sell out this year with Bama being on our home schedule alot of Bammers buy Auburn season tickets on odd number years. Also there was an article that came out last year that If I remember correctly had Auburn in the top 5 of all college football teams in average cost per season ticket.

I hate to say it but I honestly see this a money grab as the athletic department banking on demand going up this year from the previous seasons and hoping to grab some extra cash.

i buy my tickets from scalpers

How did that work out for you at the NCG last year?

Well I'm a TUF season ticket holder and like most had to find alternate ways of getting tickets due to the low amount held for season ticket holders.

Now games at Auburn, I have routinely found its cheaper to buy tickets from fans outside the gate than actually buy season tickets. The only game routinely tough and expensive to get into is Alabama of course. Alot of times I have an extra and can't even sell it for half face and end up giving it to a kid to get in. I only buy season tix because I like my section I sit in every year and dont' have to worry about counterfeit tickets and the occasional away game ticket I'm offered by Auburn.

If Channon ends up wanting to go to the UF game, allow to go ahead and throw my name in the hat for a pair to that game. It is on my birthday--this scenario is usually a good luck charm so I can't break tradition!

Season tickets are out as I would end up not being able to go weekly!

Archived