Pat Dye on CNN, 1983

RunInRed

This will take you back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdjPUQG0I64

H/T

...You're talking about a little small country town where there's 18,000 students and all they've got is each other. And it's a setting where there is a lot of warmth and close relationships between the student body and the players and each other and the town and the community. It's just one big happy family.

Preach it Coach Dye!

I know people talk bad about Coach Dye because of the situation that happened with Ramsey, but there is no way I could ever see him as anything more than a good hearted and hard working man who loves Auburn and did everything he could to help his players, his coaches, and this program. Sure, there's the fog of distrust that some have and will always have, but they are the same people who jump on the Anti-Auburn bandwagon everytime it leaves the station and turns their back on the problems they have had from within.

Pat Dye is a wonderful man who may like the bottle a bit to much these days, but his heart is true orange and blue. WAR EAGLE!

Maybe it's because I'm not old enough to really know Coach Jordan but Coach Dye is by far my favorite AU coach. IMO, he epitomizes an AU man.

Archived