2013 4* WR JaQuay Williams (Texas A&M signee & transferred to Louisville)

RunInRed

OK, this is just ridiculous: 4-star Auburn WR commit JaQuay Williams of Sandy Creek (Ga.) is averaging 58.6 yds per catch: 7 for 309 yds.

@KeithRIVALS

I'm no rocket scientist, but I think Keith at Rivals may need some help with basic math. 309/7=44.14 ypc

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, this is just ridiculous: 4-star Auburn WR commit JaQuay Williams of Sandy Creek (Ga.) is averaging 58.6 yds per catch: 7 for 309 yds.

@KeithRIVALS

I'm no rocket scientist, but I think Keith at Rivals may not some help with basic math. 309/7=44.14 ypc

Yep, nice catch...

My math sux: If I'm correct, #Auburn WR commit JaQuay Williams is averaging ONLY 44 yds per catch, not the 58.6 I reported earlier

@KeithRIVALS

• 2 weeks later...

Appears to be having another big night...

Auburn WR commit JaQuay Williams with spectacular 68yd TD catch on 1st play of game for Sandy Creek (ga)

Former Sandy Creek star Calvin Johnson would be proud of JaQuay Williams catch & run where this #AU commit broke 2 tackles on score

Auburn WR commit JaQuay Williams with KOR of about 60 yds. Smooth

@KeithRIVALS

I'm really looking forward to having JaQuay and Ricardo on board at the same time. If we pull a coup and get DGB and continue strong with the juco kid on top of Reed, Denson, Bray, etc....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I recorded the Semper Fi all star game last night and just started watching part of it. JaQuay scored on a long catch and run. He left one of the country's top DB prospects in the dust too, the guy was 5 yards behind when JaQuay reached the goal line.

The announcers called him the best WR prospect in Georgia. He was listed there at 6'4", 210 pounds and he looks every bit of it when lined up against HS DB's.

They said he's "headed to Auburn".

• 3 weeks later...
Guess who is waiting on state’s No. 1 WR after his UGA visit? Yes, Gene Chizik

One day after JaQuay Williams returned from his official visit to UGA, Auburn coach Gene Chizik was waiting for him at school.

Chizik spent around 90 minutes on Monday afternoon at Sandy Creek High School talking to Williams, who is ranked as the state’s No. 1 prospect at WR. Later on Monday night, Chizik was scheduled to make an in-home visit with Williams.

It was ideal timing by Chizik, with rumors swirling about Williams switching his longtime Auburn commitment to UGA after visiting with the Bulldogs this past weekend.

“I think JaQuay’s visit to Georgia went really well,” Sandy Creek coach Chip Walker told the AJC. “But I don’t think he’s changed his mind about Auburn or flipped.

“He said he a good time at Georgia while he was there. I think the coaches at Georgia did a good job at showing what they had to offer. I think he enjoyed the trip. I don’t know for sure in terms of what JaQuay is going to do in the end but he has been going to Auburn for a long time. It may take more than a weekend trip to get him to turn. I don’t know. That’s JaQuay’s decision. But I do think Georgia did a good job on the visit.”

Chizik wanted face time with Williams to make it clear where he stands with Auburn. The 6-foot-3, 200-pounder has been committed to Auburn since last summer but has been listening to UGA since getting a later offer in November.

“JaQuay is one of their main targets and they let him know it,” Walker said. “Coach Chizik wanted to make sure that that they’ve secured JaQuay, and I think everything seems to good with that.”

However, UGA hasn’t given up on flipping Williams. “Georgia is coming for an in-home visit later this week at some point, that’s what JaQuay told me,” Williams said. “I think they’re going to try to make it hard for JaQuay. They’re going to push for him until the very end. That’s just how recruiting works.”

Note: JaQuay is still unlikely to make an official visit to Florida this weekend, according to Walker.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/01/23/gene-chizik-waiting-to-see-states-no-1-wr-after-his-recruiting-trip-to-uga/

One day after JaQuay Williams returned from his official visit to UGA, Auburn coach Gene Chizik was waiting for him at school.

Chizik spent around 90 minutes on Monday afternoon at Sandy Creek High School talking to Williams, who is ranked as the state’s No. 1 prospect at WR. Later on Monday night, Chizik was scheduled to make an in-home visit with Williams.

It was ideal timing by Chizik, with rumors swirling about Williams switching his longtime Auburn commitment to UGA after visiting with the Bulldogs this past weekend.

“I think JaQuay’s visit to Georgia went really well,” Sandy Creek coach Chip Walker told the AJC. “But I don’t think he’s changed his mind about Auburn or flipped.

“He said he a good time at Georgia while he was there. I think the coaches at Georgia did a good job at showing what they had to offer. I think he enjoyed the trip. I don’t know for sure in terms of what JaQuay is going to do in the end but he has been going to Auburn for a long time. It may take more than a weekend trip to get him to turn. I don’t know. That’s JaQuay’s decision. But I do think Georgia did a good job on the visit.”

Chizik wanted face time with Williams to make it clear where he stands with Auburn. The 6-foot-3, 200-pounder has been committed to Auburn since last summer but has been listening to UGA since getting a later offer in November.

“JaQuay is one of their main targets and they let him know it,” Walker said. “Coach Chizik wanted to make sure that that they’ve secured JaQuay, and I think everything seems to good with that.”

However, UGA hasn’t given up on flipping Williams. “Georgia is coming for an in-home visit later this week at some point, that’s what JaQuay told me,” Williams said. “I think they’re going to try to make it hard for JaQuay. They’re going to push for him until the very end. That’s just how recruiting works.”

Note: JaQuay is still unlikely to make an official visit to Florida this weekend, according to Walker.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/01/23/gene-chizik-waiting-to-see-states-no-1-wr-after-his-recruiting-trip-to-uga/

If you don't want to lose 10 IQ points, then don't read the comments under that article. Bammers may be the most arrogant and annoying bunch out there, but for shear stupidity and ignorance nobody tops the dawg fans. Retarded post of the year goes to some idiot who was on there saying Kyle Frazier was a horrible high school QB who couldn't throw and was also dumb as a brick. KF was only the National High School offensive player of the year. I guess he figures they hand those out like candy on Halloween.

If you don't want to lose 10 IQ points, then don't read the comments under that article. Bammers may be the most arrogant and annoying bunch out there, but for shear stupidity and ignorance nobody tops the dawg fans. Retarded post of the year goes to some idiot who was on there saying Kyle Frazier was a horrible high school QB who couldn't throw and was also dumb as a brick. KF was only the National High School offensive player of the year. I guess he figures they hand those out like candy on Halloween.

Agreed. A year ago they were calling for Richt to be fired, now they are calling this seasons team the "ring team." :roflol: I'd bet money now they don't get into a BCS Bowl game and don't win the SEC East.

Oh I think they'll win the East. Their schedule is about as easy as you can design in the SEC. The toughest games on the schedule are roadies at Mizzou, at South Carolina, and at Auburn. They play two teams that finished ranked (Carolina and Auburn). They have the easiest home slate I can imagine (toughest home game is UT or Vandy?). Their schedule is a joke. They play one team that finished in the top 15. That'll be enough to get them into the SEC Title game because Carolina, Florida, and Mizzou have to play real schedules.

By contrast, Carolina has to play at LSU and v. Arkansas plus a roadie in the Swamp and a home game with UGA. Not to mention the landmine of opening at Vandy (and completely ignoring each team's season finale UGA v. Tech and Carolina at Clemson). If I were rating those games, I'd say Carolina plays the 1st, 2nd, and 4th toughest games. They play three teams that finished in the top 15.

Florida has a road-heavy schedule early (breaking in a new QB) at A&M and at UT. They also have home dates with LSU and Carolina. Not to mention the neutral site game against UGA (which has to be seen as a tougher game for UF than it does for UGA since Georgia is the defending division champ). They play three teams that finished in the top 15.

Mizzou has four difficult road dates, three in unfamiliar settings (at the Swamp, at Neyland, at South Carolina, and at A&M) plus they get the un-favor of having to play Alabama (home). Toss in the home date with UGA. They play three teams that finished in the top 15.

If UGA misses on Atlanta, this is the worst coaching job of Richt's career. Even worse than that time he had AJ Green and still lost 7 games.

Agreed. A year ago they were calling for Richt to be fired, now they are calling this seasons team the "ring team." :roflol: I'd bet money now they don't get into a BCS Bowl game and don't win the SEC East.

They'll be good. They have a ton coming back, especially on defense (including Jarvis Jones, I believe). That said, my recall is that they replace three long-time starters on the O-line . . . Sound familiar? However, the most critical factor may be their schedule - for the second straight year, they won't play Alabama, LSU or Arkansas (although an early season trip to Columbia, for Mizzou's first SEC game, might be interesting).

They'll be good. They have a ton coming back, especially on defense (including Jarvis Jones, I believe). That said, my recall is that they replace three long-time starters on the O-line . . . Sound familiar? However, the most critical factor may be their schedule - for the second straight year, they won't play Alabama, LSU or Arkansas (although an early season trip to Columbia, for Mizzou's first SEC game, might be interesting).

They'll have their usual early season losses because of poor preparation.

From Michael Carvell of the AJC:

UGA threw everything they had at one of Auburn’s top recruits on Thursday.

The Bulldogs paraded a line of football coaches, led by Mark Richt, through Sandy Creek High School in order to woo and impress JaQuay Williams, the state’s top WR prospect. He has been committed to Auburn since last summer but is considering flipping to UGA by next week’s signing day.

UGA’s recruiting tactic turned heads everywhere at the school.

“Georgia had them all in today to give it one last shot,” Sandy Creek coach Chip Walker told the AJC. “They are making one last push for him.”

Richt brought along an entourage of assistants – offensive coordinator Mike Bobo, wide receivers coach Tony Ball and recruiting coordinator Rodney Garner.

“I think it went good,” Walker said. “JaQuay had time to talk to them for a little bit. I thought it was good day overall for both JaQuay and Georgia.”

Auburn or UGA for JaQuay?

What will JaQuay do? Will he stick with Auburn or switch to UGA? Offically, Williams remains committed to Auburn but there’s hope for UGA. “JaQuay doesn’t know exactly what he’s going to do yet. He’s trying to figure it all out, you know. It’s a lot on a young man. He’s just trying to take his time to make the best decision for him and his family.

“I’m thinking that this thing will play out until signing day. That’s my guess.”

The 6-foot-3, 200-pound Williams has decided not to take an official visit to Florida this weekend. It will be an Auburn-Georgia battle that will be finalized when Williams is scheduled to sign at 8:45 a.m. Wednesday at Sandy Creek High School.

Georgia got involved very late with Williams, offering a scholarship a few months ago and convincing him to visit the campus last weekend.

“I think Georgia has some really good things to sell to JaQuay,” Walker said. “There’s the fact that they have a returning quarterback in Aaron Murray, who is established and can get the ball to him. The offense that Georgia runs is wide receiver-friendly. I think they’ve got a crew of wide receivers. Those are some of the big things that have really helped out UGA with JaQuay.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/01/26/uga-sends-parade-of-coaches-to-impress-top-auburn-recruit/

If you're not familiar with the AJC's Carvell, here's a tip: That article just screams to me that Williams is firm to AU. Anything other than Wiliams being firm to AU and Carvell would have posted that Williams is a UGA lock. It's how he keeps his job.

If you're not familiar with the AJC's Carvell, here's a tip: That article just screams to me that Williams is firm to AU. Anything other than Wiliams being firm to AU and Carvell would have posted that Williams is a UGA lock. It's how he keeps his job.

Signing day comes quickly. I just hope we don't have any " Peaches " type characters, taking him off to some beach house somewhere this weekend.

" . . .but is considering flipping . . . "

" . . . but there is hope for uga . . . "

Really? Based on?

Is "Michael Carvell" a pseudonym for Joe Schad?

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/01/26/georgia-tech-ol-will-adams-gets-last-minute-offer-from-uga/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

Both Auburn and UGA have made a last second offer to a GT commit, Will Adams, who is an OL and a teammate of JaQuay Williams. I don't know if either school made the offer in hopes of persuading Williams or not, but I thought it was interesting.

There are some really, really stupid posters on that AJC blog! On the few occasions that I've wandered onto the al.com blogs there are hateful bamzos but I believe the DullDawg fans are more stupid, if possible.

In any case, one's day is better spent if one stops reading after the article and doesn't drop down to the blogs.

Archived