2013 4* WR JaQuay Williams (Texas A&M signee & transferred to Louisville)

RunInRed

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WDE, JaQuay! Welcome to the family!

I'm glad he said he was shutting down his recruiting.

This will easily be a #1 class

WDE, JaQuay! Welcome to the family!

I'm glad he said he was shutting down his recruiting.

This will easily be a #1 class

Thought I saw somewhere that the other side of the State had that position already? Should be good for both of us and get real nasty from Oct-Feb

That made my day! WAR EAGLE JaQuay! Anyone got a video or pic of the towel? How creative, thank you coach troop for all you have done for AU!

WR JaQuay Williams picks Auburn over Ohio State

by Michael Carvell

One of Georgia’s top high school football players committed to Auburn on Wednesday.

JaQuay Williams picked Auburn over his childhood favorite of Ohio State, among other offers. Williams is a 6-foot-3, 200-pound wide reciever from Sandy Creek High School.

“I think Auburn is getting a really talented football player with a huge upside,” Sandy Creek coach Chip Walker told the AJC. “He has a good frame, lots of strength and great hands. There are some things he needs to improve on, like route running, and he knows that. But he’s a kid with a lot of upside.”

Ohio State had inside position but lost momentum with the resignation of coach Jim Tressel. Auburn won out after entertaining Williams and his family last weekend on an unofficial visit. Williams has called Auburn assistant Trooper Taylor, the guy who gave a “chest bump” to the President last week at the White House, the “best wide receivers coach in the nation.”

“Auburn is close to home, JaQuay developed a good relationship with the coaching staff, and Auburn obviously has had some success and they are in need of some wideouts — I think all of those were contributing factors,” Walker said.

Williams claimed around 20 offers, including Georgia Tech. He said he did not have an offer from UGA but was invited to Mark Richt Camp last Saturday to be evaluated. However, Williams opted to make a recruiting trip instead to Auburn.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2011/06/15/wr-jaquay-williams-picks-auburn-over-ohio-state/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting&utm

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Auburn WR commit JaQuay Williams has seven receptions for 276 yards and four touchdowns on in his first two games.

@JHokanson

Seven for 276???? That's an average of 39.4 yards per catch per catch. WOW! :cheer:

Auburn WR commit JaQuay Williams has seven receptions for 276 yards and four touchdowns on in his first two games.

@JHokanson

Seven for 276???? That's an average of 39.4 yards per catch per catch. WOW! :cheer:

A 40-yd average is amazing, almost any catches inside his team's 40 yard line hurts his average. I'm sure he doesn't mind.

Archived