2013 4* WR JaQuay Williams (Texas A&M signee & transferred to Louisville)

RunInRed

The fact that he still has an ACT test to take is worrisome. That's different from having to pass a class or two in prep school where tutors can help. No matter how much he wants to be at Auburn in January, bad ACT results=no Auburn.

What are we saying is bad? Because I had an athlete in my CWE group and she got in with low teens. I sure hope he can do that.

If, as it appears, William's academic problem was ACT related we now know for certain he's already had trouble with the ACT rather than a low class grade or two. An ACT score may well be harder to address than passing a class or two in prep school..

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that he still has an ACT test to take is worrisome. That's different from having to pass a class or two in prep school where tutors can help. No matter how much he wants to be at Auburn in January, bad ACT results=no Auburn.

What are we saying is bad? Because I had an athlete in my CWE group and she got in with low teens. I sure hope he can do that.

If, as it appears, William's academic problem was ACT related we now know for certain he's already had trouble with the ACT rather than a low class grade or two. An ACT score may well be harder to address than passing a class or two in prep school..

I thought his problem was with credits. All the articles I ever read said he was taking an online class to fulfill the requirements for the NCAA clearinghouse and he fell short. And that is why, according to the articles, he had to go to prep school. I haven't seen the info regarding the ACT problems, just that he still had to take it again.

I thought his problem was with credits. All the articles I ever read said he was taking an online class to fulfill the requirements for the NCAA clearinghouse and he fell short. And that is why, according to the articles, he had to go to prep school. I haven't seen the info regarding the ACT problems, just that he still had to take it again.

My thinking is that if he didn't have ACT problems he wouldn't be having to take it again. Note: A few posts up in this thread, his high school coach is quoted as saying he's going to take the ACT again in December.

My thinking is that if he didn't have ACT problems he wouldn't be having to take it again. Note: A few posts up in this thread, his high school coach is quoted as saying he's going to take the ACT again in December.

Why doesn't he just go down to Foley and take it? I hear it's a good bit easier down there.

Every recruit we have is currently reevaluating his commitment to Auburn. That happens with a coaching change.

It will be up to the next coach and his staff to get these guys back in the Family. It won't be that hard, remember they liked AU a lot or they wouldn't have committed to us in the first place.

what happens when you have a qb who can't pass and receivers don't get to catch a pass in a game

May not be a factor with the new coach.

That is why we have to have a coach on staff as soon as the iron bowl is finished. He can then rerecruit the kids. They like AU, they might have also liked the coaches. Now we are (hopefully) getting coaches that can actually coach and AU is still the same. I expect to loose every high profile kid and then have to rerecruit them. It is another burden on the new staff, but it is absolutely necessary.

That is why we have to have a coach on staff as soon as the iron bowl is finished.

Coach Lolley and Coach Whitt will stay in touch with the recruits in between head coaches.

NCAA requirements are on a sliding scale. The combination of GPA and SAT/ACT scores are considered. The higher the GPA in the 16 core classes is the lower the the SAT/ACT score can be. If the SAT/ACT score is high then the GPA can be lower. So it makes perfect sense for Jaquay to be taking a high school course and retaking the ACT.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone on TD said this AM that Jaquay decommited. They mentioned Scout saying this. Is it true?

Someone on TD said this AM that Jaquay decommited. They mentioned Scout saying this. Is it true?

This was on Scout 5 days ago, No other recruiting site has confirmed it yet.

Archived