BOSTON RED SOX - DISGRACE TO SPORTS

MDM4AU

First of all, let me say that I have liked the Sox for years dating back to The Rocket playing there. When my Braves choked again, I was really pulling for the whole Cubs/Sox WS. But the more I think about it I hope the Sox get booted hard by the...i can't believe I...won't come out...the...Yank....DOH! You know what I getting at.

Here are my reasons for wanting to spit on the Red Sox.

Boston v. Oakland

Manny and his display after hitting a HR. Walking to first base?!?!? Run the bases you STUPID PUNK!

Lowe after the Sox win the final game, looking to the A's dugout and giving them a crotch shot! Grow up you big PUTZ!

Boston v. NY

Last night, Pedro's throw was a little suspect. Manny's outburst at Clemmons was just plain STUPID! The pitch was simply high. It was nowhere near hitting him.

And lastly, I will apologize if I am wrong on this but, the grounds keeper getting into it with the Yankees Bullpen.

In their quest to shake the "Curse of the Bambino" the Boston Red Sox have acted like a bunch of children on the playground rather than professionals. I understand that tempers can flair and emotions can get carried away, but come on!

I hate this for Garciapara and a hand-full of others on the team. Boston has some great players and they are being overshadowed by a few immature, overpaid, head cases.

If the Sox lose, they can blame Lowe, Ramirez, Pedro and the grounds keeper among other things/people. When you act like a punk, sooner or later you will get PUNKED. Those guys really stained what was a great story line building to the WS. Thanks fellas for ruining that for me and many others including Nomar and your fellow teammates who chose to act like adults!

What's wrong with Don Zimmer? One would think after those two punks jumped him several years ago he would not do the same thing! Any way isn't Zimmer close to 80? He's too old to be fighting.

First of all, let me say that I have liked the Sox for years dating back to The Rocket playing there. When my Braves choked again, I was really pulling for the whole Cubs/Sox WS. But the more I think about it I hope the Sox get booted hard by the...i can't believe I...won't come out...the...Yank....DOH! You know what I getting at.

Here are my reasons for wanting to spit on the Red Sox.

Boston v. Oakland

Manny and his display after hitting a HR. Walking to first base?!?!? Run the bases you STUPID PUNK!

Lowe after the Sox win the final game, looking to the A's dugout and giving them a crotch shot! Grow up you big PUTZ!

Boston v. NY

Last night, Pedro's throw was a little suspect. Manny's outburst at Clemmons was just plain STUPID! The pitch was simply high. It was nowhere near hitting him.

And lastly, I will apologize if I am wrong on this but, the grounds keeper getting into it with the Yankees Bullpen.

In their quest to shake the "Curse of the Bambino" the Boston Red Sox have acted like a bunch of children on the playground rather than professionals. I understand that tempers can flair and emotions can get carried away, but come on!

I hate this for Garciapara and a hand-full of others on the team. Boston has some great players and they are being overshadowed by a few immature, overpaid, head cases.

If the Sox lose, they can blame Lowe, Ramirez, Pedro and the grounds keeper among other things/people. When you act like a punk, sooner or later you will get PUNKED. Those guys really stained what was a great story line building to the WS. Thanks fellas for ruining that for me and many others including Nomar and your fellow teammates who chose to act like adults!

Sorry you feel that way. Most of the things you mentioned happened on about every baseball club throughout the year. It seems that most batters watch thier home runs now. Manny did it the other day because he had been in a slump. All pitchers throw inside. In the game yesterday, Garcia (who was hit by Pedro), did something scummy himself by trying to take out Todd Walker behind second base. If you want to slam Pedro, then you better slam Clemens also, who has hit almost 60 more batters then Pedro has in a career. Do you forget the Piazza/Clemens fiasco. Zim charged Pedro and all he did was push him to the side. Pedro threw no punches. Before you try to single out one team, you need to look at all teams in MLB and also look at the history of the Red Sox vs. Yankees. It is not like the Yankee's fans have ever been known for being nice either. Did you forget that some were making fun of the Johnny Damon injury in Game 2? Notice I did not say all were making fun,but some. Don't judge a whole fan base or organization because of a few fans or what a groundskeeper does. They both have been equally responsible for some stupid things done during the rivalry. So don't just point the finger at the Sox.

What's wrong with Don Zimmer? One would think after those two punks jumped him several years ago he would not do the same thing! Any way isn't Zimmer close to 80? He's too old to be fighting.

I thought that was Tom Gamboa of the Kansas City Royals. Attacked by the father and son duo in Chicago. Hadn't heard of any altercations with Zimmer other than last night. He was stupid for going at Martinez.

What's wrong with Don Zimmer?  One would think after those two punks jumped him several years ago he would not do the same thing!  Any way isn't Zimmer close to 80?  He's too old to be fighting.

I thought that was Tom Gamboa of the Kansas City Royals. Attacked by the father and son duo in Chicago. Hadn't heard of any altercations with Zimmer other than last night. He was stupid for going at Martinez.

I was confused on that one to TigerAl. I think he was thinking about the Royals coach that was jumped. I can't remember any past altercations involving Zimmer either. I respect Zim and what he has conrtributed to baseball, but that was not really smart to charge Pedro like that. With that said, me being a Red Sox fan, Pedro hurt the team by throwing at Garcia, because that put or batters on the defensive the rest of the day. Whem Manny came up to bat the next inning. He was looking to get thrown at, and I don't blame him. The pitch he thought was in was not even close to hitting him, but giving the environment at the time, anything remotley "wild" was going to be questioned by the hitters. Manny's front foot was pulling towards third base before the pitch was ever thrown. Putting our best hitter in that situation was Pedro's fault and I was disappointed in him yesterday. However, like I said, this kind of stuff has been done by both teams equally, so you can't point the finger at just one of them. If you want to blame something, blame the stuped DH rule. Before the DH, the players policed themselves because the pitchers had to hit too. With the DH, pitchers do not have to fear throwing at somebody becaue they do not have to bat. My college educations was paid because of the baseball scholarship I was on as a pitcher. I knew if I was to throw at somebody, and it did happen, I better be ready to face the music. Which meant it did not happen that often. If I threw at somebody, it better be for a real legitimate reason.

You are entitled to your opinion, Ranger. I just expect more out of the teams I pull for. I can't stand the team from the Bronx. I realize all that went on during the Boston/NY game, but it doesn't make any of it right. Show some class. Act as though you are above all that even if you may be thinking otherwise.

There is watching your home run go out and there is walking like you are untouchable. After going through his slump, he should have run the bases with excitement insted of trying to grand-stand, etc.

I said that what Zimmer did was STUPID and I never came down on Pedro for pushing Zimmer aside. I would have done the same thing and NOT throwing a punch was the right thing to do.

I don't condone the play behind second. It was foolish!

Regardless of what Clemmons may have done throughout the year, he did not throw at Manny, Period. The pitch was high but in no danger of hitting him. He was looking for something to fuss about.

Bottom line: There were many classless things that took place Saturday in Boston but when do you place yourself and team above all of that. I expect more!

You are entitled to your opinion, Ranger.  I just expect more out of the teams I pull for.  I can't stand the team from the Bronx.  I realize all that went on during the Boston/NY game, but it doesn't make any of it right.  Show some class.  Act as though you are above all that even if you may be thinking otherwise. 

There is watching your home run go out and there is walking like you are untouchable.  After going through his slump, he should have run the bases with excitement insted of trying to grand-stand, etc.

I said that what Zimmer did was STUPID and I never came down on Pedro for pushing Zimmer aside.  I would have done the same thing and NOT throwing a punch was the right thing to do.

I don't condone the play behind second.  It was foolish!

Regardless of what Clemmons may have done throughout the year, he did not throw at Manny, Period.  The pitch was high but in no danger of hitting him.  He was looking for something to fuss about.

Bottom line:  There were many classless things that took place Saturday in Boston but when do you place yourself and team above all of that.  I expect more!

I agree with what you said, and I don't like the classless acts either. However, I am not going to abandon my team because they did not do something I agree with. I sure the heck am not going to point them out as alwasy being classeless. With that said, :au: has even had its shares of classless acts that I was ashamed of, but I did not quit pulling for them and make it seem like they always do things like that. There is a difference in pointing out a classless act then forever judging an organization because of that classless act. Most other clubs in baseball has did something classless, so it is hard to single out one team and call them perfect. That is the point I am trying to make. I am not disagreeing with you that what Pedro did, because I thought it stunk too, but I am not going forever hold it against the Red Sox for that. That would make me a fairweahter fan. To say that the Red Sox are a disgrace to sports is going a bit overboard.

MLB seems to think that the all were equal to blame for what happened Saturday. Here is the link for the fines:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2003...tory?id=1636592

Everyone thought Carlton Fisk was grand-standing in '75 when he was "steering" the ball around the flag pole. I just mark it up to being in The Zone.

GO SOX!!!

on the groundskeeper thing, it really sounds like it was nelson's fault (although i'm a member of the red sox nation so what the heck do i know). he's still a possibility to be arrested while he's in new york. seriously, they are investigating whether or not he should be arrested for assault. and how bout garcia coming into the pen from his position on the field to get into the fight. really classy. honestly, no one from boston is oozing class that's what makes them so lovable. they are fiery and human and as kevin millar said this year, "just a bunch of cowboy up filthy bastards that don't know any better." how could you not like a team so rough around the edges? i mean they get 6 hits tonight and come away with a 3-2 win. they don't have a closer. they just find ways to get it done. no team in baseball is more fun to watch. you know pedro will be great, but he could cause a riot too. you know lowe can't pitch on the road, but he's great at home. this team is so hard to get a read on, but you know they'll get it done and get it done ugly. gotta love that. classless? maybe. great theatre? definitely.

Every bit of what happened Saturday was a result of Pedro, one of the best control pitchers in baseball, throwing behind Garcia's head. I like to watch him pitch, but he was getting hit hard that day, and that was an out for him.

Also, pointing to posada and telling him that he would hit him in the head??????

He should have been ejected. Plain and simple.

When asked about the slide, Walker said that he would have done someting very similar if were in Garcia's position.

Manny on the other hand is a classless punk. To watch the homerun ball like he did was one thing, but to get all pissy about a high fastball that was over the plate? He knew he couldn't hit Clemens on his best day and that was his way of trying to get the Rocket ejected.

Clemens has hit more guys. But Clemens is not near the control pitcher that pedro is, and he's also been playing for a few more years.

Zim has apologized for what he did, and now its up to pedro to be a man and apologize for starting the whole thing. But I don't think anyone is holding their breath.

Archived