Kentucky Post-Game Thread

Clint

Wow. I could not be more proud of this team! After how they've played the past two games, FSU and Vandy, this was a complete shocker. And thankfully a good one! Have to give props to the entire team! Great job Barbee on getting these kids ready. Great job Josh Wallace, KG, CD3, Chubb (first half), Varez (prior to "mid-section"-shot) and the rest of the team.

What was with Kentucky's dirty part of the game? First a clear nut-shot to Varez, then the almost-fight, then, how it looked to me, one guy tripped KG when he knocked the ball away and almost had an easy basket.

All in all, great night for Auburn basketball. New 'Jungle' student section and a great game by the team.

It was a great game and a very good game atmosphere in the arena tonight. Lot of students there supporting the team.

Chubb did a good job of shutting down the uk center,

auburn had the same problem that uk has in football. Auburn ran out of gas the last five minutes and uk pulled away. Auburn will improve there. They just need a few more good reserve players to rest the starters.

The uk fans are not too happy with Teague's nut shot either. A lot of them wanted him benched. The refs did a poor job of explaining the technical fouls to the crowd too.

That we outrebounded Kentucky (ratio was 2:1 early in the second half, and we had the same number of offensive boards) tells much of the story - that's all about effort. The team that was basically lifeless vs. FSU and Vandy played like their lives depended on it. Kudos to Coach Barbee for getting the team up off the matt - and to the AU fans for showing up in force. That kind of effort, and that kind of home court advantage, will get us some wins. The next three weeks are HUGE: The home games (Ole Miss, USCe, UGA) are very, very winnable, and we should be competitive at LSU, Arkansas and Tennessee. No reason the Auburn team that showed up last night can't get a split of those games, or (with something better than 1-12 from three-point range, and/or a few less unforced turnovers) maybe come out on the plus side. At any rate, this is a golden opportunity for Coach Barbee to build some confidence and momentum about this season and the direction of the program. Go get 'em, Coach. War Eagle!

That we outrebounded Kentucky (ratio was 2:1 early in the second half, and we had the same number of offensive boards) tells much of the story - that's all about effort. The team that was basically lifeless vs. FSU and Vandy played like their lives depended on it. Kudos to Coach Barbee for getting the team up off the matt - and to the AU fans for showing up in force. That kind of effort, and that kind of home court advantage, will get us some wins. The next three weeks are HUGE: The home games Ole Miss, USCe, UGA) are very, very winnable, and we should be competitive at LSU, Arkansas and Tennessee. No reason the Auburn team that showed up last night can't get a split of those games, or (with something better than 1-12 from three-point range, and/or a few less unforced turnovers) maybe come out on the plus side. At any rate, this is a golden opportunity for Coach Barbee to build some confidence and momentum about this season and the direction of the program. Go get 'em, Coach. War Eagle!

Im gonna agree with all of this. Postgame Barbee challenged the fans why cant we have this atmosphere EVERY night I agree. If you want a top notch program its imperative fans support the product. Its time our footbally ONLY fans get off their @ss and go support hoops. Either your an Auburn person or not. Sorry I dont become a Carolina fan come baskebtall season. I want Auburn to make the final four and to win the national championship.

Our game against Ole Miss should be a sell out no execuses. Hell if I was not scheduled to work I would attend. I will make at least two home SEC games and thats driving from Huntsville. I have already made two games. Come on Auburn people we have a great young coach. A team that just went toe to toe with UK and a brand new arena go support the product.

Very good to see the fight in the Tigers.....keep it up and we can win some games for sure! :thumbsup:

I was able to "watch" on Twitter and my iPhone and while the rebounding numbers and shooting % in the first half was great, it was surprising that AU couldn't ever get more than a 1 point lead. There are NO moral victories but there are good losses. If this wakes up the team to realize what it takes to play with the big boys, then it will have been a great game. It's what happens next that will determine if this was a good loss or not.

I was able to "watch" on Twitter and my iPhone and while the rebounding numbers and shooting % in the first half was great, it was surprising that AU couldn't ever get more than a 1 point lead. There are NO moral victories but there are good losses. If this wakes up the team to realize what it takes to play with the big boys, then it will have been a great game. It's what happens next that will determine if this was a good loss or not.

1 point is all you need for a win...

Archived