Auburn Top 10 Recruiting Classes of All Time

BZ770

Disagree with 2006 at #2, but the rest is good. I mean you can legitimately argue the 2007 class was more important to the 2010 title than 2006 was.

The top ten of all time would have to include some of Shug's classes that built the '57, '58 and '59 teams but even I am not old enough to argue that point. According to history and legend there were some hellaceous linemen and linebackers on those teams.

Also interesting that five of his top ten were by that sorry, lazy recruiter Tuberville and the slacker BBQ boys. Clearly, that must be in error! :poke:

The author stated that rankings did become a popular thing until 2002 -- so any rankings of classes before that is a bit iffy.

The top ten of all time would have to include some of Shug's classes that built the '57, '58 and '59 teams but even I am not old enough to argue that point. According to history and legend there were some hellaceous linemen and linebackers on those teams.

Also interesting that five of his top ten were by that sorry, lazy recruiter Tuberville and the slacker BBQ boys. Clearly, that must be in error! :poke:

How many NCs did he have? SEC Championships??? BCS Bowl Appearances??? Yea, he really could coach them up...Tommy Zook.

How many NCs did he have? SEC Championships??? BCS Bowl Appearances??? Yea, he really could coach them up...Tommy Zook.

And what thread would be complete with out the hater of all things Auburn and to be completely clueless at the same time.

2008 was the worst class in my memory at Auburn. Bleacher report has another article on worst classes of the last 5 years and Our 08 class was in the mention.

I think ranking 2011 at #4 is way premature. Sure, I hope they live up to their potential and earn a top ranking, but it has yet to be proven. Much as I expect not, they could also go bust.

I remember a lot of other talent being on the Sullivan/Beasley teams, but can't recall their names now. (Certainly part of what made the Amazin's of 1972 so amazing was that we weren't expect to do anything because we graduated so much talent)

....so:

Gotta agree with their choice of 2000 as #1. Hard to believe that Jason Campbell, Junior Rosegreen, Carlos Rogers, Bret Eddins, Ronnie Brown, and JUCO Rudi Johnson were in the same class! :blink:

And what thread would be complete with out the hater of all things Auburn and to be completely clueless at the same time.

Meh, WT..What did I say that was incorrect and/or a miresperesentation of the facts? Please dont use the CAPS LOCK on me...then I'll know that your really serious. :rolleyes:

Hey Raven: Word on the street is that Hugh Nall is coming out of retirement to be our OC. Just thought I'd make your day because Nall was, after all, a key part in one of the most successful runs in Auburn football history.

Meh, WT..What did I say that was incorrect and/or a miresperesentation of the facts? Please dont use the CAPS LOCK on me...then I'll know that your really serious. :rolleyes:

That's just it. You didn't say anything and you certainly didn't use any facts. All you did was ask a bunch of garbage questions to try to justify your anti-auburn campaign that you have been on since you joined here.

Hey Raven: Word on the street is that Hugh Nall is coming out of retirement to be our OC. Just thought I'd make your day because Nall was, after all, a key part in one of the most successful runs in Auburn football history.

You mean the 2003 season with arguably the most talented team that we have fielded (top to bottom) in the past 25 years (ever?)???

That's just it. You didn't say anything and you certainly didn't use any facts. All you did was ask a bunch of garbage questions to try to justify your anti-auburn campaign that you have been on since you joined here.

Facts:

Tubby's Auburn stint (1999-2008)

- 1 SEC Championship

- 1 BCS Bowl Appearance

A lot of talented football players during that time, not much to show for it. Didnt CTT recruit Phillip Rivers as a safety? Who was it that said that Jason Campbell couldnt run an offense more complicated than a high school offense. No, I love Aburn, just not interested in revising CTT history.

WT stick to trolling the threads for opportunities to make snide comments regarding illegal visors and high school officating... It's what you do *best*.

You mean the 2003 season with arguably the most talented team that we have fielded (top to bottom) in the past 25 years (ever?)???

No, I mean the the ten-year run from '99 through '08. Not every year was wonderful but it was a great ride. Sorry you missed out.

He has 50% of Auburn's NCs. You should know there were no BCS bowls in his day so that's a dumb question. He did carry his teams to 12 bowl appearances, more than any Auburn coach ever. Shug, having to compete with the Bear signing 100 players every year, probably did more with the talent he had than any coach in Auburn history. He won the 1957 NC with players he recruitred. Chizik had several key players on the 2010 NC that Tubs recruited.

No, I mean the the ten-year run from '99 through '08. Not every year was wonderful but it was a great ride. Sorry you missed out.

I rode the coaster... it was like Six Flags-->The Great BBQ Scream Machine

He has 50% of Auburn's NCs. You should know there were no BCS bowls in his day so that's a dumb question. He did carry his teams to 12 bowl appearances, more than any Auburn coach ever. Shug, having to compete with the Bear signing 100 players every year, probably did more with the talent he had than any coach in Auburn history. He won the 1957 NC with players he recruitred. Chizik had several key players on the 2010 NC that Tubs recruited.

Sorry if you were confused, obviously I was referring to the last BBQ/Tubby comment from Mikey.

I rode the coaster... it was like Six Flags-->The Great BBQ Scream Machine

I like the scream machine and BBQ is great! A vast majority of Auburn fans appreciate what Coach Tuberville and his staff did in their time here. If you don't, I'm sorry for you.

Archived