Teabagger Lawyer Speaks

GreenEyedGirl

So as an attorney, I want to make sure I understand his argument: if the victim of sexual assault is intoxicated to the point of being unconscious and unable to recollect what happened, then there is no harm but for post hoc harm, and if there is no video of the incident, there is, in fact, no harm at all.

That sound about right? How is that distinguishable from, oh, I don't know... date rape?

So as an attorney, I want to make sure I understand his argument: if the victim of sexual assault is intoxicated to the point of being unconscious and unable to recollect what happened, then there is no harm but for post hoc harm, and if there is no video of the incident, there is, in fact, no harm at all.

That sound about right? How is that distinguishable from, oh, I don't know... date rape?

Yep, it's the old "If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there to hear it...." defense.

Brilliant!! :blink:

I'm just wondering that if this goes to trial will his capstones be used as evidence. :rolleyes:

Hopefully there won't be a hung jury

Best thread in a long time (pun intended). Downing sure won't get a hung jury.

His atty is just posturing and hoping something sticks on the wall.

My thoughts exactly! :thumbsup:

Also:

Downing, who is free on $10,000 bond, "has already been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. He has been fired from his job and suffers continual harassment by the public and media," the attorneys wrote.

No, your client has been watched in action by millions of people across the country (or world) thanks to YouTube (and the idiot Bama fan who thought it was funny enough to film and proud to put it on the 'net).

As for his job: If he feels he has a grievance, let him take it up with Hibbet's personnel/management and/or lawyers...it has zero to do with the criminal charges in NOLA.

Does anyone really want to see a jury of this guys peers?

I see it every day, and they are always decked out in crimpsun gear...

Downing, who is free on $10,000 bond, "has already been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. He has been fired from his job and suffers continual harassment by the public and media," the attorneys wrote.

So, was it your client who proclaimed " This dude's life is over! " prior or during the act of sack dragging on the face of a passed out LSU fan, while in public, and on video ?

Or was that just one of several guys in the crowd, who also went for their zippers, but stopped short of committing the act which has your client in trouble now?

Archived