Loeffler's Explosive Play Ratio

StatTiger

In the event you were wondering where Temple's offense would rank in terms of generating explosive plays, consider the following:

Impact Plays (plays of 15-yards or more):

* From 1992-2011, Auburn's offense has averaged an impact play every 9.0 snaps.

* Temple averaged a 15-yard run play or better every 12.5 attempts, which would rank 4th best among Auburn's last 20 offenses.

* Temple averaged a 15-yard pass play every 4.7 attempts, which would rank 5th best among Auburn's last 20 offenses.

*Overall, Temple averaged an impact play every 9.0 snaps, which would be 10th best among Auburn's last 20 offenses.

Big Plays (plays of 30-yards or more):

* From 1987-2011, Auburn's offense has averaged a big play every 35.8 snaps.

* Temple averaged a run play of at least 30-yards every 33.5 rush attempts, which would be 2nd best among Auburn's last 25 offenses.

* Temple averaged a pass play of at least 30-yards every 15.2 pass attempts, which would be 4th best among Auburn's last 25 offenses.

* Overall, the Temple offense generated a big play every 26.1 snaps, which would be 3rd best among Auburn's last 25 offenses. Only the 2004 and 2010 AU offense had a higher ratio of big plays.

I do understand the comparison doesn't factor in the the quality of opponent but we should also consider Loeffler was not working with the best talent in the country, while coaching at Temple.

I'm looking foward to the new offense, especially if Prosch is eligible. Will always be a fan of CGM for what he brought to the plains when our talent level was down. Having the ability to make impact plays and play ball control when needed is the holy grail of championship offenses.

Little doc

The 'he did it at Temple' argument some throw out there is kind of weak to me. Though the talent level he was coaching against wasn't SEC caliber, but neither was his roster, so it balances out IMO.

Archived