AU @ Vandy

My family and I will be at the game on Saturday the 14th. If anybody else will be attending post here and we will come up with alsace to meet for lunch or dinner after the game.

WAR EAGLE!!

my sinus congestion is still lingering around , i'll be at the south carolina and tennessee games hopefully

blink.gif ooooookkkkkk???

Same ol' same ol'. 11 left on base in a 5-4 loss. Once again, we tried (twice) to bunt a runner to third base with one out. Bunting somebody to third with an out is beyond bad baseball, it's unheard of. Never mind that both of tonight's attempts resulted in failed bunt attempts, popups for an easy out. Even trying that is incomprehensible. They call a runner on second base "in scoring position" for a reason!

And again, we walked the number 9 hitter in the Vandy lineup and he scored what proved to be the winning run.

But cheer up! We didn't get any runners picked off base for a change and....get this now...after 33 games we finally picked an opposing runner off base! Yes, sports fans, just when it seemed that the Auburn team was likely to achieve what many thought would be impossible and not pick an opposing runner off all season, we finally got one. Rumors that the Vandy guy was into some of Mike Dyer's Spice are still being investigated.

Anybody know why Dillon Ortman, last year's Auburn freshman sensation as a closing pitcher is not playing? He's riding the pine but who knows why? The guys we are trying to close with sure aren't getting it done.

Tomorrow's another day and no doubt there will be another (not so) thrilling game to re-hash. I wish it was otherwise but alas, it is not.

I am not able to see or listen to all the games, but there seems to be a few constant themes from this coach: his teams make errors, his teams are not good base runners, players do not seem to improve from year to year, and his game day coaching and decision making is below average for this level baseball.

I am not able to see or listen to all the games, but there seems to be a few constant themes from this coach: his teams make errors, his teams are not good base runners, players do not seem to improve from year to year, and his game day coaching and decision making is below average for this level baseball.

When watching 12 year old and under baseball, you see some strange things from Daddys out there volunteering their time. Never, at the high school level and above, have I seen a manager do the strange, ineffective things that Coach Paw does. It's like once the game starts he goes into some alternate universe where the goals and objectives of the game are different.

Archived