AU vs. UF

Well game 1 is in the book and it didn't look good.

Auburn Shutout By No. 2 Florida, 6-0

AUBURN, Ala. - Florida's Hudson Randall threw a complete game three-hitter as the Auburn baseball team was shutout by No. 2 Florida, 6-0, on Thursday night. The loss dropped Auburn's record to 29-25, 12-16 SEC while Florida improved to 39-15, 17-11 SEC.

There is more if you want to read it.

Last night I heard on the news (B'ham TV) that AU needs to win at least ONE game against UF to make it to the SEC tournament.

AUBURN, Ala. - Florida's Hudson Randall threw a complete game three-hitter as the Auburn baseball team was shutout by No. 2 Florida, 6-0, on Thursday night. The loss dropped Auburn's record to 29-25, 12-16 SEC while Florida improved to 39-15, 17-11 SEC.

Last night I heard on the news (B'ham TV) that AU needs to win at least ONE game against UF to make it to the SEC tournament.

Auburn has cliniched the SEC Tourney. They need 1 win to guarantee the minimum requirement to make the NCAA tourney. It can be against either UF or in the SEC tourney.

The RPI says they need to win the next two or win one and two in the tourney to have a chance at anything.

Auburn has cliniched the SEC Tourney. They need 1 win to guarantee the minimum requirement to make the NCAA tourney. It can be against either UF or in the SEC tourney.

OK that sounds better and maybe that is what the goobs on the B'ham TV station were saying.

The RPI says they need to win the next two or win one and two in the tourney to have a chance at anything.

I heard Phillip Marshall talking about this on the radio yesterday afternoon. He said the reason our RPI is so low is that we scheduled too many really, really, weak teams. He also said this won't change, as the same bunch of have-nots are expected to be on the schedule again next year.

Now, folks, if your schedule is so weak that it keeps you out of the NCAA tournament and the team still has trouble breaking .500, something ain't right with your program.

I heard Phillip Marshall talking about this on the radio yesterday afternoon. He said the reason our RPI is so low is that we scheduled too many really, really, weak teams. He also said this won't change, as the same bunch of have-nots are expected to be on the schedule again next year.

Now, folks, if your schedule is so weak that it keeps you out of the NCAA tournament and the team still has trouble breaking .500, something ain't right with your program.

While I agree the schedule is weak, getting swept by UA & UGA is while they are behind the eightball

AU down 6-0 in the 2nd already. This team isn't even competitive with the good teams in the SEC. To imagine there are two worse teams in the SEC is unfathomable.

AU down 6-0 in the 2nd already. This team isn't even competitive with the good teams in the SEC. To imagine there are two worse teams in the SEC is unfathomable.

Auburn loses 10-1. That really sucks @ss :angry:

Evan Woodbery‏@auburnbeat

Auburn beats Florida 5-4 as Creede Simpson makes BEAUTIFUL throw to gun out runner at plate in 9th inning.

:cheer:

Very happy for the players, particularly the seniors. It's neat that Creed got the last out with a great throw!

I watched the highlights on auburntigers.com and it was nice to see how they fought for the win. That throw from right field was awesome, especially for a second baseman playing in the outfield for the first time this season. Simpson also scored from second base on a two-run infield hit to second base. He absolutely refused to lose.

Archived