Derrick Green

RunInRed

Thanks for the kind words.  I was just looking for a good forum to discuss college football with educated/knowledgeable fans.  The only other requirement I had is that they understand how a true rivalry works, like UM-OSU or AU-UA.  I picked an Auburn board because I really loathe Bama.  Hopefully everyone here can be a Michigan fan on September 1 when Bama and Michigan go to war!

^^ Born and raised a Michigan fan for 22 years, still have a lot of love for them but, since 1989  my heart has been all in for Auburn. I grew up in Ohio and I detest that university there so much I cannot call them by name. Good to have you on board, would love to hear more Michigan football!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fanhood:

1. Auburn

2. Whoever is playing bama

3. SEC

NO DOUBT I will be pulling for Michigan!

He is big, fast and based on the picture he has mean streak and a chip on his shoulder. What a great combination for a running back. Hopefully he will come to the good guys.

:wareagle:

Green has been my #1 overall running back since day 1. Tons of very, very good RBs this year but only 2 elite RBs IMO (Green and Tyren Jones)

I'd argue that Ty Isaac belongs in that discussion. He is sick talented. I am still holding out hope for Michigan getting Green, but the more visits he takes, the less likely I think he will be to pull the trigger for Michigan.  Especially considering there are only 3-4 spots left in the class.

How about if Auburn gets Green, they trade Wilkins to Michigan?   :)

Refreshing to have another school's fan on here and have a civil conversation.

If we get Green we will be full at RB and Wilkins is all yours.....on the other hand, if we don't get Green, Wilkins to AU!

Thanks for the kind words.  I was just looking for a good forum to discuss college football with educated/knowledgeable fans.  The only other requirement I had is that they understand how a true rivalry works, like UM-OSU or AU-UA.  I picked an Auburn board because I really loathe Bama.  Hopefully everyone here can be a Michigan fan on September 1 when Bama and Michigan go to war!

The majority of the AU fan base will be screaming for the Woverines, that my friend is a given.........

He is big, fast and based on the picture he has mean streak and a chip on his shoulder. What a great combination for a running back. Hopefully he will come to the good guys.

Green has been my #1 overall running back since day 1. Tons of very, very good RBs this year but only 2 elite RBs IMO (Green and Tyren Jones)

I'd argue that Ty Isaac belongs in that discussion. He is sick talented. I am still holding out hope for Michigan getting Green, but the more visits he takes, the less likely I think he will be to pull the trigger for Michigan.  Especially considering there are only 3-4 spots left in the class.

If we get Green we will be full at RB and Wilkins is all yours.....on the other hand, if we don't get Green, Wilkins to AU!

You think you loathe them now, waite till you play them.

I can't imagine a single AU fan cheering for anyone else but Michigan in that game....plus you have the Borges. :zapbama:

Trust me, I’ll be cheering like hell for Michigan.  :laugh:

I'm loving this board! hahaha

The Bama game will undoubtedly be a challenge, but you gotta hope we can pull a Boise State-type job on the elephants.  You can bet your ass, the only SEC team I will root for is Auburn... and possibly LSU, because Les Miles is unintentionally hilarious.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2012/5/31/3054873/les-miles-is-mesmerizing

Don't click unless you have plenty of free time to waste.  He is "lesmerizing."

Dang and jones is a turd commit!

Well, like it or not, and I know I'll get hammered for this (because we don't care what they do), but the pure fact is that the turds will argueably have the top RB from the past year ( Mr. Alphabet), current year (Jones), and next year (Scarborough).  But that should not cloud our RB recruiting at all, because I think Robinson is going to be outstanding, and any two of the four or five frontrunners this year will be also.  And 2014 looks very good so far.  In today's world, there is very little difference in #1 and #20; plus, don't lose sight that we are looking for a particular type of back (s) this year, and all these kids fit that mold!!

It really doesn't matter who you have at running back when you have a stout OL.

I used to always believe this. While it's predominantly true there are cases where it's not. Arky had a horrible run game a couple years ago. Then Niles Davis took over midway through the season and the kid blew up!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EagleDamnWar

Narrowed his list to 13.  Will be visiting AU in mid-July.

Tennessee

Michigan

Oregon

Ohio State

Ole Miss

Va. Tech

Auburn

Clemson

Alabama

Miami

Pitt

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

There's no doubt in my mind we'll be at the top of the list after he visits. I hope we get this guy. He's a big back, and we need a big back. Him and Jovon would be punishing opposing defenses. War Eagle!

Tennessee

Michigan

Oregon

Ohio State

Ole Miss

Va. Tech

Auburn

Clemson

Alabama

Miami

Pitt

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Now that's the kinda company I like to see us keep!!  This is big time recruiting here boys!!

Tennessee

Michigan

Oregon

Ohio State

Ole Miss

Va. Tech

Auburn

Clemson

Alabama

Miami

Pitt

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Now that's the kinda company I like to see us keep!!  This is big time recruiting here boys!!

It makes you wonder how Ole Miss and Pitt got on that list.  :dunno:

Tennessee

Michigan

Oregon

Ohio State

Ole Miss

Va. Tech

Auburn

Clemson

Alabama

Miami

Pitt

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Yeah for real, especially Ole Miss. At least Pitt has a good RB right now... :dunno:

Ole Miss, won't make the cut.  Pitt, won't make the cut, Oklahoma St. has been fun to watch, but they throw the ball 50 times a game, won't make the cut, Vols, coach is on the way out, and every top talent they've signed in the last two years has transferred out, Miami, still awaiting major punishment from NCAA.  That narrows down the list to the big boys for us.

Tennessee

Michigan

Oregon

Ohio State

Ole Miss

Va. Tech

Auburn

Clemson

Alabama

Miami

Pitt

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Yeah for real, especially Ole Miss. At least Pitt has a good RB right now... :dunno:

Freeze has already shown he will do any underhanded thing to get a recruit. That is why Ole Miss is on the list.

Tennessee

Michigan

Oregon

Ohio State

Ole Miss

Va. Tech

Auburn

Clemson

Alabama

Miami

Pitt

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Freeze has already shown he will do any underhanded thing to get a recruit. That is why Ole Miss is on the list.

What has Freeze done? Not arguing, just hadn't heard of any of this. Sounds like he's pulling out all the stops if he has arguably the best back in the nation considering Ole Mrs.

Archived