Derrick Green

RunInRed

Narrowed his list to 13.  Will be visiting AU in mid-July.

Tennessee

Michigan

Oregon

Ohio State

Ole Miss

Va. Tech

Auburn

Clemson

Alabama

Miami

Pitt

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Now that's the kinda company I like to see us keep!!  This is big time recruiting here boys!!

It makes you wonder how Ole Miss and Pitt got on that list.  :dunno:

Yeah for real, especially Ole Miss. At least Pitt has a good RB right now... :dunno:

Freeze has already shown he will do any underhanded thing to get a recruit. That is why Ole Miss is on the list.

What has Freeze done? Not arguing, just hadn't heard of any of this. Sounds like he's pulling out all the stops if he has arguably the best back in the nation considering Ole Mrs.

You must have missed the Channing Ward recruitment then.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Narrowed his list to 13.  Will be visiting AU in mid-July.

Tennessee

Michigan

Oregon

Ohio State

Ole Miss

Va. Tech

Auburn

Clemson

Alabama

Miami

Pitt

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Now that's the kinda company I like to see us keep!!  This is big time recruiting here boys!!

It makes you wonder how Ole Miss and Pitt got on that list.  :dunno:

Yeah for real, especially Ole Miss. At least Pitt has a good RB right now... :dunno:

Freeze has already shown he will do any underhanded thing to get a recruit. That is why Ole Miss is on the list.

What has Freeze done? Not arguing, just hadn't heard of any of this. Sounds like he's pulling out all the stops if he has arguably the best back in the nation considering Ole Mrs.

What did he do with Channing Ward. We cant expect that every recruit that is highly rated can't go to a less developed or non-ranked program. He was from Mississippi, right? I have not heard that Freeze is up to no good. Would be interested in a conspiracy though. It is after all...July?

What did he do with Channing Ward. We cant expect that every recruit that is highly rated can't go to a less developed or non-ranked program. He was from Mississippi, right? I have not heard that Freeze is up to no good. Would be interested in a conspiracy though. It is after all...July?

I would say coercising Ward to pick Ole Miss or his brother would lose his scholly is pretty underhanded.

I would say coercising Ward to pick Ole Miss or his brother would lose his scholly is pretty underhanded.

We know that?

We know that?

We talked about it all January.

We know that?

I tried to look back, but couldn't find any of the channing ward topics. I just don't remember his recruitment being shady. I just remember being surprised he wanted to go to OM. I didn't parallel my surprise and his choice, with shady dealings. Just figured OM finally got a big time recruit to stay in state. Is his brother not D-1 material, or did they flat out say they were gonna release him?

We know that?

I tried to look back, but couldn't find any of the channing ward topics. I just don't remember his recruitment being shady. I just remember being surprised he wanted to go to OM. I didn't parallel my surprise and his choice, with shady dealings. Just figured OM finally got a big time recruit to stay in state. Is his brother not D-1 material, or did they flat out say they were gonna release him?

Here ya go.

We know that?

Here ya go.

Thanks Red! When I searched all I could find Channing was this current conversation.

We know that?

It didn't get shady until the very end, CW was all set to sign with AU up until the AL/MS Allstar Game, then he was all OM.

Once Green visits AU month he will fall in love with Auburn.  How can you not? He would be a perfect fit for our offense.

Once Green visits AU month he will fall in love with Auburn.  How can you not? He would be a perfect fit for our offense.

He has visited. He may visit again in a couple weeks though.

Word on the Michigan and Ohio St. boards is that Green favors Ohio State right now.  Not quite sure why, as Urban Meyer teams are where RBs go to die.

Word on the Michigan and Ohio St. boards is that Green favors Ohio State right now.  Not quite sure why, as Urban Meyer teams are where RBs go to die.

I forgot to mention has a visiting spree the next week that includes Auburn and Bammer.

He supposedly likes Columbus a lot, too. Thanks for your insight on this

Honestly.. This is a guy we need to get. Sure, we're stacked at RB as is, but this guy is HUGE. He's 6'2 215, and would definitely put on some weight going into the start of the 2013 season. Our offense will rely heavy on RB's, so we need to get that position stacked. Heck, if we get this guy, I could see him being an immediate factor into our offense.

He supposedly likes Columbus a lot, too. Thanks for your insight on this

Well, this should help us quite a bit, since it's just a quick trip to cross the Georgia line from AU. :P

OSU just released a list of their top ten remaining targets, and Derrick Green was about #6, I believe.  Listen, I think it's going to be tough to pull this guy, but we need to try our best. 

Green would be a beast in the middle, and he is also good at catching the short passes. He would work great in our offense. Everyone will be doing a full court press to land this guy. I am surprised he is not a 5 star.

Green would be a beast in the middle, and he is also good at catching the short passes. He would work great in our offense. Everyone will be doing a full court press to land this guy. I am surprised he is not a 5 star.

He is a 5 star... Rivals

He is a 5 star... Rivals

4 on Scout, guess I need to check more than one website before posting.

He is a 5 star... Rivals

He must be about to commit to bama.......    ;)

SIAP..

Per @roweplace on Twitter...#1 RB in country Derrick Green, is visiting Auburn next weekend.

Archived