Derrick Green

RunInRed

Green and Dye would fit great in our backfield.

I ve heard on AE that we would only be taking one RB, Derrick Green or Dye or Wilkins or Ryan Green which ever one committed first. Maybe you know something I don't.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green and Dye would fit great in our backfield.

I ve heard on AE that we would only be taking one RB, Derrick Green or Dye or Wilkins or Ryan Green which ever one committed first. Maybe you know something I don't.

While he may imply that he thinks we take both I take it as he means either one would fit good in out offense.

he will narrow his list down to about 10 schools at the Rivals100 Five Star Challenge.

Per a couple of insiders on the pay sites, the coaches want to take one "big" back this year and also one smaller fast back.  Emphasis is on getting the big back.

There are posts in the Jordan Wilkins thread that outline, very accurately IMO, the current recruiting status with Derrick.  In that, they say he basically is Clemson's to lose, especially since Bellamy was kicked off the team.  Virginia Tech is also in the mix.  It has also been pointed out that, IF we take two backs, it would be a big and little combo.  Most think we'll get a commit soon from either Dye or Wilkins, both in the "big" category. ( As an aside, some think Clemson may be leading for Dye now).  HOWEVER, if Derrick (I'm using his first name; don't know him personally, but we have two Greens that are RB prospects) is going to wait until NSD to announce, that gives us plenty of time for some things to sort out.  For example, if Wilkins commits to us, and Dye commits to Clemson, then the race for playing time could be on.  Now, I realize Derrick is also a big back, but he really is a bigger back, as in Jay Proesch big!! ;)

D. Green  5-11 235 and 4.31 forty via ESPN.

And yet they have 8 backs ranked ahead of him.

D. Green  5-11 235 and 4.31 forty via ESPN.

And yet they have 8 backs ranked ahead of him.

ESPN's evals always make me  :banghead:

Speaking of big backs, how much longer until Prosch finds out about his eligibility for this season?

:laugh:

September 1, 2012

Looks like we are on his radar after all.  I think Auburn is in no hurry to get a RB commitment.  By the time signing day comes, I think we could be in on just about anybody left on the board, including Derrick Green and Greg Bryant. 

"Powerful Running Back Talks About Auburn"

http://auburn.scout.com/2/1196103.html

1072781.jpg

Good read.  Thanks for the post

Honey Badger with a part on the side!!    ;D

After that statement Derrick is looking at you thinking "What U talkin bout gc2525?!?!"

He does look rather menacing doesn't he?????

"Powerful Running Back Talks About Auburn"

http://auburn.scout.com/2/1196103.html

1072781.jpg

Good read.  Thanks for the post

Honey Badger with a part on the side!!    ;D

After that statement Derrick is looking at you thinking "What U talkin bout gc2525?!?!"

He does look rather menacing doesn't he?????

I am pretty sure he hasn't heard this statement from anyone on the opposing team. Not in this language, anyway!

Archived