Derrick Green

RunInRed

It's between Auburn and Michigan. Tennessee is behind sitting at 3rd place. I definitely think its neck and neck between us and Michigan. IMO he picks us.

How in the world could you think that though? All that he has said is a heavy, heavy lean towards Michigan. Those orange and blue goggles you're wearing are fogged.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My concern with recruiting running backs is their not wanting to run behind our offensive line. I didn't see much of Michigan this year, but Clowney decleating their running back made me think they may have problems too. I did a little research and found this. Our line has some growing up and lifting to do, but if he goes to Michigan he'd better strap it up tight.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/01/position_grades_offensive_line.html

My concern with recruiting running backs is their not wanting to run behind our offensive line. I didn't see much of Michigan this year, but Clowney decleating their running back made me think they may have problems too. I did a little research and found this. Our line has some growing up and lifting to do, but if he goes to Michigan he'd better strap it up tight.

http://www.mlive.com...nsive_line.html

I would think the O line and the style of offense would have a big impact on his decision. I personally think we lead on both those factors.

For some reason my gut tells me Auburn has a way better chance then we think. Are coaches planning on meeting with him this week?

Yes. Coaches from all 3 teams meeting him the next 2 days.

Can't be good if true:

@EagleDamnWar

Michigan rivals site will have live coverage of 5 star RB Derrick Green's announcement. I don't think any Auburn sites will.

I think the main one keeping us in on this one is Jeremy Johnson. Those two are friends, and it's intriguing to Derrick to play in the same backfield has JJ.

Can't be good if true:

@EagleDamnWar

Michigan rivals site will have live coverage of 5 star RB Derrick Green's announcement. I don't think any Auburn sites will.

Sounds like Michigan to me.

Yes, if this is true, looks like Michigan (or certainly not AU) as well, but this is not a surprise.

wde

Can't be good if true:

@EagleDamnWar

I really don't understand why people think that guy has any insider news whatsover. It's just another fan (like you an I) taking information from premium content and posting it on twitter.

EDW is an AU news gathering machine. He takes from Rivals and 247 and runs with it on twitter. I do not mind it but I agree that he is not an insider.

And as for Green, he is not going to AU. I think most can see this by now. I hope he chooses TN.

EDW is an AU news gathering machine. He takes from Rivals and 247 and runs with it on twitter. I do not mind it but I agree that he is not an insider.

And as for Green, he is not going to AU. I think most can see this by now. I hope he chooses TN.

I don't I'd rather not compete with him if hes not gonna play for us I would rather he go to Michigan.

Can't be good if true:

@EagleDamnWar

I really don't understand why people think that guy has any insider news whatsover. It's just another fan (like you an I) taking information from premium content and posting it on twitter.

Nobody thinks he has insider info. We all know what he brings to the table, and I love him for it. He does all the message boards lurking and interview watching for me and provides concise nuggets and his own conclusions. I take it all with a grain of salt, but he is still the best recruiting twitter account I follow. Some other guys have real inside info, but they rarely if ever tweet, so would good are they doing me? And the premium guys keep the juicy info behind the pay-wall. If you want free recruiting updates on a daily basis from someone who just has a 24/7 account and obsessively follows every tidbit of info about any recruit Auburn is interested in, EDW has got the market cornered.

Can't be good if true:

@EagleDamnWar

Nobody thinks he has insider info. We all know what he brings to the table, and I love him for it. He does all the message boards lurking and interview watching for me and provides concise nuggets and his own conclusions. I take it all with a grain of salt, but he is still the best recruiting twitter account I follow. Some other guys have real inside info, but they rarely if ever tweet, so would good are they doing me? And the premium guys keep the juicy info behind the pay-wall. If you want free recruiting updates on a daily basis from someone who just has a 24/7 account and obsessively follows every tidbit of info about any recruit Auburn is interested in, EDW has got the market cornered.

+1

Can't be good if true:

@EagleDamnWar

I agree, and I also like how Ellitor attempts to temper him a little. Between those two and a few others you can get a pretty decent picture of what's going on via twitter without wasting a bunch of time and resources.

Can't be good if true:

@EagleDamnWar

I agree, and I also like how Ellitor attempts to temper him a little. Between those two and a few others you can get a pretty decent picture of what's going on via twitter without wasting a bunch of time and resources.

I agree as well.

wde

I don't I'd rather not compete with him if hes not gonna play for us I would rather he go to Michigan.

We would only have to play him 1 time, 2013

Unless by some unforseen circumstance in the next 3-4 years both of us meet in the SEC championship game, and personally I'd like to not play a really good runningback in the SECCG if I can help it.

duh ↑↑↑ chances are

Unless by some unforseen circumstance in the next 3-4 years both of us meet in the SEC championship game, and personally I'd like to not play a really good runningback in the SECCG if I can help it.

will be playing !

I wouldn't care who the running back is if we get to the SECCG

I wouldn't care who the running back is if we get to the SECCG

I would, cause that running back against us could cause us to lose the game. I like to win.

Archived