Derrick Green

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoke tweeted some chances on signing RF, CL and DG per Jeremy Johnson, said they are surprising...must be a member though

JJ thinks Reuben and Lawson are AU, and confident in DG.

Hoke tweeted some chances on signing RF, CL and DG per Jeremy Johnson, said they are surprising...must be a member though

Well, I suppose JJ would know, (no sarcasm here at all) being an recruit and having played in all star games with these guys he would be the guy other than possibly the coaches that would have the best idea.

Yeah, I though the ship had sailed on Green (and I still think he goes to Michigan)....but Jeremy Johnson's quote gives me a glimmer of a hope. I won't share the quote, but he basically suggested that there could be a surprise and everyone should wait and see.

Yeah, I though the ship had sailed on Green (and I still think he goes to Michigan)....but Jeremy Johnson's quote gives me a glimmer of a hope. I won't share the quote, but he basically suggested that there could be a surprise and everyone should wait and see.

I heard by a couple of students over there that they saw DG in Auburn this past weekend. I know it was not reported, but I believe he made an "undercover" visit. Toney did say that he was going to visit this past weekend according to the coaches. I think we land him.

I heard by a couple of students over there that they saw DG in Auburn this past weekend. I know it was not reported, but I believe he made an "undercover" visit. Toney did say that he was going to visit this past weekend according to the coaches. I think we land him.

Hope you're right. I saw where ALL of the Michigan recruiting guys planned to cover his announcement in person....usually that can be a good indicator of a recruit's decision.

Hope you're right. I saw where ALL of the Michigan recruiting guys planned to cover his announcement in person....usually that can be a good indicator of a recruit's decision.

Lets cross our fingers. He has the potential to have a career that Dyer was going to have if he kept his head on straight.

I wonder whats up, do we have him for an OV the last weekend?

I wonder whats up, do we have him for an OV the last weekend?

No more campus visits. He is commiting on Saturday in Virginia

EDW is an AU news gathering machine. He takes from Rivals and 247 and runs with it on twitter. I do not mind it but I agree that he is not an insider.

And as for Green, he is not going to AU. I think most can see this by now. I hope he chooses TN.

I don't I'd rather not compete with him if hes not gonna play for us I would rather he go to Michigan.

We would only have to play him 1 time, 2013

Unless by some unforseen circumstance in the next 3-4 years both of us meet in the SEC championship game, and personally I'd like to not play a really good runningback in the SECCG if I can help it.

I wouldn't care who the running back is if we get to the SECCG

I would, cause that running back against us could cause us to lose the game. I like to win.

This is the SEC, there are great running backs on every team. Scheme and blocking play a bigger role.

We just got a gem by the name of CAP. I think Gus did great as usual with the JUCO moves. I would like to have DG but I think we're cool w/o him. JMO.

We might be fine without him, but we really need another RB and missing out on a stud like Green will stink.

Right now we basically have.....

Mason- Good back who fits the O very well.

Blakely- Lots of talent, but is a loose cannon who may or may not be around this time next year.

Grant- I like him, but he is just a good backup in my mind. Might could play the Omac role.

Payne- JUCO coming in who seems to have talent & good fit, but nothing is a given.

We need at least one more RB who could come in and play, if needed this season.

JMO

EDW is an AU news gathering machine. He takes from Rivals and 247 and runs with it on twitter. I do not mind it but I agree that he is not an insider.

And as for Green, he is not going to AU. I think most can see this by now. I hope he chooses TN.

I don't I'd rather not compete with him if hes not gonna play for us I would rather he go to Michigan.

We would only have to play him 1 time, 2013

Unless by some unforseen circumstance in the next 3-4 years both of us meet in the SEC championship game, and personally I'd like to not play a really good runningback in the SECCG if I can help it.

I wouldn't care who the running back is if we get to the SECCG

I would, cause that running back against us could cause us to lose the game. I like to win.

So you hope that we meet a lame duck in the SECCG? Good luck with that. Any team that gets there will have the ability to beat you multiple ways. That's just the nature of the sport and our conference. I'd be fine with him at UT so he can run all over the turds every year.

We might be fine without him, but we really need another RB and missing out on a stud like Green will stink.

Blakely- Lots of talent, but is a loose cannon who may or may not be around this time next year.

Grant- I like him, but he is just a good backup in my mind. Might could play the Omac role.

Payne- JUCO coming in who seems to have talent & good fit, but nothing is a given.

JMO

I don't know about Blakely possibly not being around this time next year, but generally I agree with your assessment that we need one more RB that could play right away. Obviously Green seems to fit that bill.

JMO

I don't know about Blakely possibly not being around this time next year, but generally I agree with your assessment that we need one more RB that could play right away. Obviously Green seems to fit that bill.

I'm of the belief that AU WILL sign two RB's this year. I do not think Green will be one of the two.

I am still in the Bryant camp.....somehow.

If AU were to land Bryant and not Green would be a huge turn around. Green was a silent to AU and Bryant eliminated AU. Recruiting is a crazy business.

I believe its gonna be Green

If AU were to land Bryant and not Green would be a huge turn around. Green was a silent to AU and Bryant eliminated AU. Recruiting is a crazy business.

I was told by someone who knows that Green is UM bound. So with this info I assume that Green has told the AU coaches he is going to UM. I hope Green commits to AU but don't count on it. I do believe that AU still is going to make an in home visit with Green before Saturday so there still is a chance for AU. I think E has been told the same thing about Green.

I was told by someone who knows that Green is UM bound. So with this info I assume that has told the AU coaches he is going to UM. I hope Green commits to AU but don't count on it. I do believe that AU still is going to make an in home visit with Green before Saturday so there still is a chance for AU. I think E has been told the same thing about Green.

I'm holding out hope that JJ has been hounding him behind the scenes. From what I've seen that is the case. Obviously, I'd welcome either. Just ready for Feb 6...lol

Not gonna happen.

well it does appear the recruitment of bryant and barber picked up a smudge here recently ... was hopeful for green. things can change on a dime, but i guess it would be a surprise (to me) if he picked AU at this point. kid has a bright future.

well it does appear the recruitment of bryant and barber picked up a smudge here recently ... was hopeful for green. things can change on a dime, but i guess it would be a surprise (to me) if he picked AU at this point. kid has a bright future.

Barber has a man crush on ole miss right now.

Archived