Derrick Green

RunInRed

really eager to hear about the in-home but I feel if we don't get him on campus this weekend he's all Michigan

If he doesn't come in this weekend, we might as well lock this thread. He ain't coming.

It's not like he's never been.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there any significance to the date he picked to announce?

I was hoping our running back coach would be a draw for him....guess not?

1. Not that I know of and 2. Rich may be a draw but recruiting is heavily about relationships. Michigan's position coach has a year up on that. I think we would have had a better chance had Green publicly committed over the summer.

1 Not that I now of and 2. Rich maybe a draw but recruiting is heavily about relationships. Michigan's position coach has a year up on that. I think we would have had a better chance had Green publicly committed over the summer.

are you seeing him as a longshot at this point?

really eager to hear about the in-home but I feel if we don't get him on campus this weekend he's all Michigan

If he doesn't come in this weekend, we might as well lock this thread. He ain't coming.

The importance of it would show he and his family are willing to spend 48 straight hours getting to know the staff much like Bower is doing out of pocket to come in from New Jersey on Feb. 1

1 Not that I now of and 2. Rich maybe a draw but recruiting is heavily about relationships. Michigan's position coach has a year up on that. I think we would have had a better chance had Green publicly committed over the summer.

without a visit, yes.

without a visit, yes.

with all things pointing to no visit...then on to Barber?

without a visit, yes.

with all things pointing to no visit...then on to Barber?

Not until Green tells our coaches no. Barber is not visiting again til Feb. 1 and will not be ready to commit before then.

My thoughts on this are that he already knows where he wants to go, so why spend his parents money to come to Auburn, one way or the other. A visit really is not going to change things, the coaches are doing their best to get him.

My thoughts on this are that he already knows where he wants to go, so why spend his parents money to come to Auburn, one way or the other. A visit really is not going to change things, the coaches are doing their best to get him.

His mother had said she had seen all the buildings and didn't need to see them again. He is not taking another visit back to Michigan again either. The visit to AU would only mean something to outside viewers. The in home with mom and family is the best option available with constant contact by coach RB.

The importance of it would show he and his family are willing to spend 48 straight hours getting to know the staff much like Bower is doing out of pocket to come in from New Jersey on Feb. 1

I understand the "importance." Look at what I was responding to.

I agree that if he does not visit, he is not coming. I think the chances are slim to none now anyway.

I think we still have a shot. We're still mentioned in his tweets. I'm still optimistic.

I think everyone is putting too much emphasis on a visit. He's been to AU several times. They've seen all of the facilities. UOVs are expensive. He's deciding between 2 schools, and not visiting either. He's not one of the guys still milking the recruiting trail for benefits so they can have a big show on signing day. It seems very much like he's done with the dog and pony show aspects of it.

I would be willing to bet that, if he had decided on one of those schools, he'd go ahead and commit to get it over with. My guess is he may be leaning one way, but isn't 100%, so he doesn't want to call it just yet. As E has said before, he was 100% AU until he lost all of his relationships when the staff changed.

With the visit of Folston and the talk of Bryant again looks like our staff is making sure we are covered. Hopefully the in home went well also. In his tweets he said Fisher was there Wed.

So does our OVs with GB and Folsen mean we lost out on DG? Would we take all three and what about barber? Do we need him to secure Lawson?

I don't think it means anything but we aren't going to put all our eggs in one basket. It also sends that same message to the recruits, which is a good thing imo.

So does our OVs with GB and Folsen mean we lost out on DG? Would we take all three and what about barber? Do we need him to secure Lawson?

1 only the coaches know. 2. no, the coaches have 2 RB spots left: 1 workhouse back (Green, Bryant, or Barber) and 1 edge back (Folston, Elder, or Ford.)

I'm friends with a football player who played with Derrick during the army all American game and he believes Derrick is coming to AU

That sounds encouraging! We're due for a break. So far it's been downhill for the past six weeks except for the five JUCO guys.

I'm friends with a football player who played with Derrick during the army all American game and he believes Derrick is coming to AU

You referring to Kublanow. Another poster saw him at a party a couple weeks ago and Kubs thought Green was going to Auburn.

You referring to Kublanow. Another poster saw him at a party a couple weeks ago and Kubs thought Green was going to Auburn.

Yep he's the one

this would be awesome news, and another huge bump for this new coaching staff! I'm anxious to see what this class looks like when it is all said and done. I'm afraid there will be some guys on the outside looking in.......wishing they had made different decisions in the long run.

WDE!

Archived