Jovon Robinson

TNtiger55

Speaking of feaux-reporting but slightly related, it's great to see wide spread outrage over the NY Times Cam-style sports writing re. Lolo Jones. Another NYT troll brushing Doritos off his belly while he types his vendetta trash (or as Chizik put it, "garbage").

So we paid for Robinson, but decided not to pay for a consensus top 20 player in the nation at the same position? (tjy) Yea that makes a ton of sense.

That, or Alabama paid more...

That's the problem with throwing stones about paying players, especially if you have highly ranked players yourself. You can't just say that one school is paying players because they went there if you have no proof. That door swings right back around. If anything, it makes you look a) paranoid and petty or b)like you've been paying them and now that's the only reason you think someone would play for another school.

http://www.commercialappeal.co...its-creating-t/

header_print.gif

Wooddale High guidance counselor admits creating transcript for student-athlete

By Kyle Veazey

Friday, August 10, 2012

A Wooddale High guidance counselor admitted to creating a fraudulent transcript for a former student-athlete at the school and has resigned, according to a statement released Friday afternoon by Memphis City Schools.

The statement did not identify the player but was released to The Commercial Appeal in response to a question about former Wooddale and current Auburn University football player Jovon Robinson. The statement said the city was contacted by the NCAA on Tuesday afternoon regarding the allegation of a falsified transcript and that Supt. Kriner Cash assigned staff to investigate it.

The statement says the investigation continues.

“The District has clear and strict policies and procedures regarding student transcripts,” the statement read. “Academic fraud is not and will not be tolerated and will be dealt with swiftly and accordingly.”

An Auburn spokesman didn’t immediately return messages left on his office or cell phones Friday afternoon. The Tigers began practice last week. Robinson is listed as a 6-foot-1, 227-pound running back.

And here's to you Mr. Robinson

Jesus loves you more than you will know, wo wo wo

God bless you please Mr. Robinson

Heaven holds a place for those who pray, hey hey hey

We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files

We'd like to help you learn to help yourself

Look around you all you see are sympathetic eyes

Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home

And here's to you Mr. Robinson

Jesus loves you more than you will know, wo wo wo

God bless you please Mr. Robinson

Heaven holds a place for those who pray, hey hey hey

I'm not afraid of this for Auburn. In my mind I just think this person was trying to help a gifted player get to play at a big college. I don't see Auburn risking themselves, especially after last year, for something which would be so obvious if investigated. Unfortunately we may lose one of our potentially best players because of it.

Agree with that, unfortunately. Let us hope that no AU person was involved!

Even if Auburn had nothing to do with this espn and such will still spin it that way, of course including a mention of the cam newton drama

Robinson and Auburn are just fine. The turds are desperate.

That's what I figured. I'm so tired of bammer.

Robinson and Auburn are just fine. The turds are desperate.

That's what I figured. I'm so tired of bammer.

It does appear there might be something to the grades thing. But still not an Auburn issue.

I guess Jovon won't quailfy for the bammer/Chapman/Hoover "it was just a mistake....can't punish the kid for a mistake we made" excuse. And yes.....I know the guy said "forged". Still is no different from the shenanigans at Hoover where the NCAA looked the other way.

I guess Jovon won't quailfy for the bammer/Chapman/Hoover "it was just a mistake....can't punish the kid for a mistake we made" excuse. And yes.....I know the guy said "forged". Still is no different from the shenanigans at Hoover where the NCAA looked the other way.

nope... that ain't gonna happen.

http://www.commercialappeal.co...its-creating-t/

header_print.gif

Wooddale High guidance counselor admits creating transcript for student-athlete

By Kyle Veazey

Friday, August 10, 2012

A Wooddale High guidance counselor admitted to creating a fraudulent transcript for a former student-athlete at the school and has resigned, according to a statement released Friday afternoon by Memphis City Schools.

The statement did not identify the player but was released to The Commercial Appeal in response to a question about former Wooddale and current Auburn University football player Jovon Robinson. The statement said the city was contacted by the NCAA on Tuesday afternoon regarding the allegation of a falsified transcript and that Supt. Kriner Cash assigned staff to investigate it.

The statement says the investigation continues.

“The District has clear and strict policies and procedures regarding student transcripts,” the statement read. “Academic fraud is not and will not be tolerated and will be dealt with swiftly and accordingly.”

An Auburn spokesman didn’t immediately return messages left on his office or cell phones Friday afternoon. The Tigers began practice last week. Robinson is listed as a 6-foot-1, 227-pound running back.

Oh Lord, not this crap again!

Oh Lord, not this crap again!

Again?

Just referring to seemingly constant NCAA/eligibility issues over the last couple of years.

Archived