Thoughts on Sullen?

He Hate Me WDE

Big offensive lineman says he'll sign with AuburnPosted by Charles Goldberg, Birmingham News January 18, 2009 9:35 AMCategories: Football, Recruiting Auburn received a very big commitment Sunday morning when 6-foot-5, 338-pound offensive lineman John Sullen said he'd sign with the Tigers next month.

Sullen doesn't have far to go. He's been an anchor in Auburn High School's offensive line. Recruiting websites Inside the Auburn Tigers, AuburnSports.com and AuburnUndercover.com reported the commitment. Sullen committed to Southern Miss last weekend, but changed his mind Sunday after visiting Auburn. Sullen also had offers from Duke, Memphis and Tulane, among others. Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Wake Forest was also recruiting him.

Sullen is Auburn's 20th commitment, replacing running back LaDarius Perkins, who dropped off the Auburn board Saturday night when he committed to Mississippi State.

I live in N.C. so I don't get to see these guys play...Anyone seen him play? Is he Better than the two stars he's getting on scout?

*Sorry about this one AST. I just saw the Sunday Recruiting update.*

Yes I have seen him play since he was a freshman....he has gotten better and better every year....he is a beast.....he blocks his first guy and he gets to the second level very fast to be sooooo big......the only reason he is no highly recruited is because he just got a video out for one thing. His stock has be rising steadly since the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game.....he dominated in that game and thats when everyone started looking at him harder!! He will be a great player at the next level, he is big and strong. You can't teach big and strong but you can fix his technique and things like that.

Yes I have seen him play since he was a freshman....he has gotten better and better every year....he is a beast.....You can't teach big and strong but you can fix his technique and things like that.

When I first read the numbers the first though that came to mind was that this guy HAS to be MASSIVE...lol...

Thanks for the info....

I watched his video and this kid is a bulldozer.  He moves very well for his size and will definitely make an impact at the next level.

I have seen him play.  I went with Sportstalk to several games and he was so good that he looked lazy out there blocking some of those guys that had absolutely no chance against him.  He obviously proved himself against great competition in that All Star game and his stock has risen so fast since then.  I am so glad we are not letting another guy get away from our own back yard.

If he is a BUST im sorry but im really high on this guy and it could be because i went to Auburn High and I have seen AU pass over several great players and I just didn't want to see him be another one.....AHS has another great player that i wish they could get to atleast walk-on in Akin McQueen he is awesome great size and hands!

Archived