Website help

bammanmr

Due to time problems that were probably going to come up this fall, I was contemplating letting the Bamahaters website go. But after some thinking, I'm just going to revamp the site some.

This is where you guys (and gals) come in. If you've seen it, or go check it out if you haven't (click on the bamahaters sig) and let me know how I can improve the site.

Your help will be greatly appreceated. Thanks in advance

WDE

1.) The 28-23 repeating on the title is a bit much. A cool logo/graphic with the score (or the last 2 scores) would be more effective IMO

2.) Maybe some space between the BamaHaters logo and the rest of the info.

3.) The BamaHaters logo should be above the "you want some..." section

4.) Maybe a navigation bar instead of your middle section where your clickable links are. The area doesnt scream page navigation to me.

Think organization. You want it to almost read like a book..With your main page having a navigational section and maybe just a little bit of content...maybe one picture and some bama hatin text. Let the bulk of your site be behind the main page accessed by navigational links.

But thats just one guys opinion

If you need any help with graphics or site desing, let me know. I'm a graphic design major, so I may be able to offer some assistance.

1.) The 28-23 repeating on the title is a bit much. A cool logo/graphic with the score (or the last 2 scores) would be more effective IMO

2.) Maybe some space between the BamaHaters logo and the rest of the info.

3.) The BamaHaters logo should be above the "you want some..." section

4.) Maybe a navigation bar instead of your middle section where your clickable links are. The area doesnt scream page navigation to me.

Think organization. You want it to almost read like a book..With your main page having a navigational section and maybe just a little bit of content...maybe one picture and some bama hatin text. Let the bulk of your site be behind the main page accessed by navigational links.

But thats just one guys opinion

1. Yeah I know. The 28-23 was repeated just to annoy people.

2. Good point

3. Another good point

4. You're full of good ideas bg. I wish I knew how to do that. I've checked for some free java script before, but I could never get them to run right.

The problem is that I don't (and don't want to) know HTML or any other web languages. The site was made using a WYSIWYG program, CoolPage. I wanted to have a basically static site that only had one or 2 pages that would have to be updated regularly, so that's why the mass of stuff on the homepage.

Thanks for the suggestions bg and for the offer duder. I'll definitely keep them in mind for my preseason special! That should be up sometime in late july.

And if anybody else has any suggestions, keep em coming.

Navigation bar is easy to do. I can do it with either HTML or FrontPage. It wouldn't be that hard at all. I'm not looking for any money to assit, just credit for the work I do. It's been a while since I've worked with a lot of HTML, so it may not look a lot better at first, but we can definitely clean it up a bit. Message me through here if you're interested. We could have a complete re-design finished and up by the time the season starts.

Check out Macromedia Dreamweaver or Fireworks...they have wizards to walk you through a nav bar...and you can download free trials of both programs.

Archived