Seastrunk keeps everyone guessing

AUSportTalk

The fact that he said his commitment is "going to be funny" kind of scares me.  He doesnt seem like that kind of kid, but what if he shows up and commits to Baylor or something.

He said "funny", not disrespectful. He's a guy with a great vibrant personality that loves to joke around, but he's also a christian young man that wouldn't ever disrespect any coaches like that.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A VERY well respected poster with the initials J.C. just posted that while on vacation this past weekend he spoke with one of the coaches (who stayed in the same hotel as him) and J.C. said that the coach mentioned Reed really wanting Auburn and it mostly has to do with his "partner"....Lache Seastrunk!

i have a feeling funny actualy bodes well for us. I mean thats kind of what were pushing family fun environment so why wouldnt he follow that trend.  Im trying to think of what he may do and I am drawing blanks.

The fact that he said his commitment is "going to be funny" kind of scares me.  He doesnt seem like that kind of kid, but what if he shows up and commits to Baylor or something.

He said "funny", not disrespectful. He's a guy with a great vibrant personality that loves to joke around, but he's also a christian young man that wouldn't ever disrespect any coaches like that.

That is a good point, I am now at ease with his "funny" statement.

That is a good point, I am now at ease with his "funny" statement.

Glad I could help! ;D:wedance:

This is how I see it. If he already knows how he's going to make the announcement, that will probably mean he already knows the 'where' part, which is good for us IMO.

Oh I completely agree.  I bet his mom would smack him silly if he did something that foolish.  I was just pointing out the comment, and giving an absolute worst case scenario.

I seriously see Dyer committing during the summer or sometime soon and us having Seastrunk wait until the Army All American Game and he will announce with Reed.  I have heard from several sources that Reed is in and that to me is a great sign that Seastrunk is the one that did it and they will both commit. I dont think the "funny" really means anything.  I think people have seen that seastrunk enjoys the spotlight and he will think of something creative of how to announce and just  have fun with it.  And given all the crap he probably has to put up with then I am all for it.

yup, and spring starts like the 11th or something.  I believe that it is two days later or so.  Which means that he will have to tell the coaches or something ahead of time.

Yeah, There was once a guy named Bo that was 4.2 speed....

Actually, Bo ran a 4.12 at the NFL Combine...

:thumbsup:;D, maybe there will be another just like him one of these days.

:thumbsup:;D, maybe there will be another just like him one of these days.

Like Bo.... I doubt it

maybe there will be another just like him one of these days.

That's like saying "Maybe there will be another Babe Ruth one day." Bo was a freak amongst freaks. He threw a baseball from the right field fence at Yankee Stadium, 300 or so feet away, and nailed a runner tagging from second (that was after he had his hip replaced, btw). He's the only man to ever hit the top of the Super Dome with a football. That 4.12 40 remains the fastest ever recorded at the Combine, and Bo had 20-30 more lbs of muscle than anyone else on that list.

Another just like him? It's not going to happen.

maybe there will be another just like him one of these days.

That's like saying "Maybe there will be another Babe Ruth one day." Bo was a freak amongst freaks. He threw a baseball from the right field fence at Yankee Stadium, 300 or so feet away, and nailed a runner tagging from second (that was after he had his hip replaced, btw). He's the only man to ever hit the top of the Super Dome with a football. That 4.12 40 remains the fastest ever recorded at the Combine, and Bo had 20-30 more lbs of muscle than anyone else on that list.

Another just like him? It's not going to happen.

That 4.12 was not laser timed though.  Agreed, he was lightning.  But, Darrell Green ran a 4.09....I researched this a little bit, and everyone has ridiculous speeds....yet, not verified.  Some even as ridiculous as Joey Galloway running a 3.9.  I believe that Chris Johnson ran a 4.24 last year at the combine, which was the fastest verified time.  Devin Hester also ran a 4.27 verified.

The thing that really makes Bo so impressive was that he was a 222 pound RB in an era when most speed backs were around 190 pounds (or smaller). Bo, by his own admission HATED to work out. He was just a pure, natural athlete that performed with what God gave him.

That 4.12 was not laser timed though.  Agreed, he was lightning.  But, Darrell Green ran a 4.09....I researched this a little bit, and everyone has ridiculous speeds....yet, not verified.  Some even as ridiculous as Joey Galloway running a 3.9.  I believe that Chris Johnson ran a 4.24 last year at the combine, which was the fastest verified time.  Devin Hester also ran a 4.27 verified.

I heard that thing about Galloway running a 3.9, btw, but there were several versions. One version was that he ran it in a corn field. There's a slight difference between that and the National Football League's Combine, don't you think?

Besides, you're arguing semantics. Okay, he didn't run a 4.12. He still consistently outran the best defensive backs in the country when they had the angle on him. There are countless stories about how insanely athletic he is to go along with the Superdome and the laser from right field.

The point is that there will NEVER be another Bo. Forget about it. It won't happen. Period. End of story.

Well I am out of my element here considering that I wasnt even born when he played.  But I was just throwing down what I think about unverified times. 

Archived