Best thing about DVDs

Sure, the picture and sound quality are great. And they don't wear out unless you mistreat them and scratch them. But my favorite thing has to be that it has been the medium that all these studios jumped on to put out various TV series. We own season one of '24' and will probably start collecting seasons of 'Alias' at some point. But better than that, all these old series from my childhood are finally available. We just got season one of 'The Waltons' and plan to get 'Little House On The Prairie' next (I think they are up to season five in that series).

As TV continues to sink further into insipid reality shows and shows not fit for families, at least we can collect some things that don't feel like pushing the envelope morally is the only thing that makes a show good.

And best of all, you get to watch them in order and without commercials! Just thought I'd share.

I'm gonna order the 1st season of the chappelle show!

I also like how easy it is to rewatch your favrite parts of a movie without a years worth of rewinding.

Seinfeld = most overrated show ever.

I thought it was decent dont get me wrong...but all these people who talk about how it was the greatest thing since sliced bread...well i disagree.

But thats just one mans opinion.

Seinfeld = most overrated show ever.

I thought it was decent dont get me wrong...but all these people who talk about how it was the greatest thing since sliced bread...well i disagree.

But thats just one mans opinion.

I am kind-of with you on that. I like Seinfeld, but I think the hype is a bit over-the-top.

And did they only make like 7 episodes? I swear i see the same ones every day on syndication...and he's syndicated on like 3 channels between 5-7!

i would rank seinfeld just above sliced bread for one reason: you can eat bread without slicing it. who needs the skinny pieces? i'll just rip some off and chomp it down with a mouth full of mutton... while watching the greatest sitcom of all time, seinfeld.

seriously, i'll buy every season of that show as soon as i can (and i have season one of chapelle and eagerly await season two). the reason you see the same episodes is b/c tbs shows "the greatest episodes" is syndication. it's like having a party mix on your computer where the highest ranked songs play more frequently. i hate it, and i wish they'd just start at the beginning and work forward from there. oh well, i still watch almost every day.

Seinfeld was totally heeeelarious for many many years. Newman and cramer were two of my favorites.

I liked George's parents. Frank and Estell Costanza. They should have had their own show. I am a big Jerry Stiller fan, and he is one of the biggest reasons I watch King of Queens (besides Leah Remini).

Yeah his parents were great too. I loved it when his uncle got involved or when his dad was fighting with his friends at the retirement place.

Seinfeld just got annoying after a while...I guess it was well-acted because I wanted to slap half of them upside the head.

I'm a cheap ******* (<--this word rhymes with "gastard"), so I won't be buying any DVD sets anytime soon, but if I did, "Law & Order" (the original) would be first on the list. "All In The Family" would be right behind. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

tiger88, I guess we have the same case of arrested development because the Chappelle show is some funny chit.

Chapelle and south park are two of my favorites.

Chapelle is the funniest new thing on TV in the last few years.jmo.

I loved seinfeld but anything gets old after a while, they quit at a good time. They didn't milk it like they could have.

Archived