Sir Charles for Gov, not so fast my friend, but what about for HC?

SuperFlyEagle

I watched Fox Sports "50 one-liners something or other" last night. Lou Gherig's farewell speech was shown along with Michael Jordan"s retirement speech, a great interview of Mike Singletary after a loss, Bobby Knight's "Bury me upside down" lines and so forth. Barkley was the only person on there three times. All three times involved a bunch of bleeping.

This man is not a credit to Auburn, he's an embarrassment. Thankfully, TPTB on The Plains have better sense than to hire him, even if he would take the job. (doubtful)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Charles Barkley ever finish his degree? If not he would not meet requirements for the job. If he did, bring him on if we can afford him. He certainly has the personality to recruit the big time players within the state.

Correct....Neither Charles Barkely nor Chuck Person can be our BB coach since neither has a 4 year degree.

He is a good assistant but even as an assistant he has limited experience.  I would prefer a proven winning HC and proven recruiter over an unproven assistant. 

I still think he would be a good fit for Auburn.

I assume you're referring to Barkley. If so, this intrigues me. Can you tell me, briefly, why a gambler with a known sleazy lifestyle and a filthy mouth in public is a good fit for Auburn?

On any given Friday night, do you see Barkley in the film room breaking down the next opponent's defense? I see him jetting off to the Bahamas for a little run on the roulette tables.

Barkley??? Where is this coming from?  :dunno:

Ask yourself this question- If Charles Barkley had played for Bama and done the things he has done and said the things he has said, then how would you feel about him being our coach? I want to win but if Gene Chizik represents what we want our coaches to be (I think everyone agrees that he does) then Barkley would be the furthest thing from that image. Maybe I am in the minority here. I do agree that a change needs to be made but who we hire needs to be a headline only one time and the team's play should be the headline after that. Something tells me that Barkley would always be the headline and that would not neccesarily be a good thing.

I like Charles, but what about Chuck Person? I believe CJL will get one more year in a new arena. CJL has not recruited enough players to give him power around the basket. Rebounding is terrible. Otherwise, he would probably have a competitive team.

Archived