What do you do with your old cell phones??

autigger

Anyone ever used Cellforcash.com???? I am wondering if it is a legit operation....

Anyone ever used Cellforcash.com???? I am wondering if it is a legit operation....

Youd be better off CELLing (haha bad i know) it on ebay.

I wind up letting them just collect dust or let my one of my young neices or newphews use them to play with, like they have their own real cell phone. Never thought you could really get much out of them to make it worth trying to sale.

THere was a program here in Houston once that asked people to donate old cell phones to local battered women's shelters - the phones were re-programmed to dial only 9-1-1 in case the abuser got after the woman again and she needed help. Don't know if this is still happening, or if local shelters in AL do this, but it is a good idea.

I've sold a couple of old cell phones on eBay. But the sooner you do it, the better. If you wait too long, people can get much better deals on newer models. But there are people who look for good deals on a used cell on eBay because their cell phone dies or gets lost and they don't want to have to pay full price for a replacement or sign a new 2 year deal or something.

Donate it to the local Police Dept.

They have many uses for them. (and, it could really help some deserving folks!)

THere was a program here in Houston once that asked people to donate old cell phones to local battered women's shelters - the phones were re-programmed to dial only 9-1-1 in case the abuser got after the woman again and she needed help. Don't know if this is still happening, or if local shelters in AL do this, but it is a good idea.

When I was at a Verizon store here in VA, they had a drop box for a charity they supported that does this. They just asked that you include the old phone and the charger. They could also give you a receipt if you needed one for your tax returns.

Archived